Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-04-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
I still only have one games as well (NCAA 08), but that's because I've been waiting for Half Life 2 and Assassin's Creed. I'm not a fan of WWII games, so I might only rent COD4 (which comes out tomorrow).
Believe me, you want to buy Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good call, I'll have to check it out. I assumed it was just another WWII FPS. I am definitely more interested.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

omg CoD4 looks awesome...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...2#post12062002

up to 4 player splitscreen offline and online. 18 player online.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
omg CoD4 looks awesome...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...2#post12062002

up to 4 player splitscreen offline and online. 18 player online.
The fact that I'm actually considering playing the MP before I even touch the campaign is a feat all in itself. The beta was AMAZING. And, from what I've heard, the SP is amazing as well.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 10:55 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
From what I was just reading, CoD4 looks like almost a lock for the best FPS game of the year. I can't wait. A lot more good games will come out in Q1 of 2008. For instance: Army of Two, GTAIV, MGS4, SOCOM: Confrontation, and a couple more.

Anyone hear the rumors about next GTA being a PS3 exclusive? Mainly, it would be because of how much more powerful the PS3 is and that they could do a whole lot more stuff on the PS3 that they couldn't on the 360.
No...
Quote:
On 2 August 2007, Take-Two announced that Grand Theft Auto IV would miss its original release date of 16 October 2007 after all, and would be pushed back to their fiscal second quarter (February - April) of 2008. Their stated reason for the date change was "...due to additional development time required to complete the title."[1] In a later conference call with investors, Take-Two's Strauss Zelnick attributed the delay to "almost strictly technological problems... not problems, but challenges."[6]

According to a Rockstar spokesperson, development originally began on the Xbox 360 because earlier development access was available, but it has also been stressed that "there is no target console" and both versions will be technically very similar.[7]
Also don't forget that the 360 will have online exclusives which is confirmed.

Quote:
During Microsoft's 2006 E3 press conference on 9 May, it was announced that Grand Theft Auto IV would be available for the Xbox 360 and that Rockstar Games will offer exclusive episodic content via Xbox Live for the Xbox 360 version. This had been confirmed by Rockstar, announcing two extra, exclusive, episodes.[26] On 28 February 2007 it was announced that exclusive episodic content will be introduced starting in 2008.[27]

Peter Moore, the then head of Microsoft's Interactive Entertainment Business division announced that Rockstar Games is working on two GTA IV downloadable packs exclusively for the Xbox 360, which will be released after the full game. Moore described downloadable content as "epic episode packs", and not just extra cars or characters. A press release during the conference said that the packs would add "hours of entirely new gameplay" to the game.[28] The official Xbox website states that these episodes will last a minimum of 10 hours.[29] Details on the pricing of these downloads have not yet been revealed, though it would almost certainly not be released for free, as Take-Two Interactive's former CEO, Paul Eibeler, have said numerous times that these downloads would provide "additional revenue streams" to the company.

As part of a conference call following the release of Take-Two Interactive's Second Quarter Fiscal 2007 financial results, the company's Chief Financial Officer, Lainie Goldstein revealed that Microsoft was paying a total of US$50 Million for exclusivity of this content split equally between the two packs.[30] The payments can be found referenced in the company's Second Quarter Fiscal 2007 financial results as "Deferred revenue".
got all of this from wiki but all of it is confirmed...so no it won't be exclusive...and for the record it's going to be a Q2 release not a Q1.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
No...

Also don't forget that the 360 will have online exclusives which is confirmed.

got all of this from wiki but all of it is confirmed...so no it won't be exclusive...and for the record it's going to be a Q2 release not a Q1.
I'm not talking about GTAIV, but rather the one the comes after the newest one. I believe it would be the 7th installment into the series.

Old 11-04-2007, 11:43 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking forward 2-3 years is a bit ahead of ourselves huh?

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:34 AM    (permalink
CannedToast
Rookie

CannedToast hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Anyone hear the rumors about next GTA being a PS3 exclusive? Mainly, it would be because of how much more powerful the PS3 is and that they could do a whole lot more stuff on the PS3 that they couldn't on the 360.
Ahahahaha, do people still believe that these consoles really have that much of a power difference? I laugh.

Anyways, the point of this post was to correct your earlier statement that MGS4 was a first quarter game... it comes out second quarter.
CannedToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:02 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannedToast View Post
Ahahahaha, do people still believe that these consoles really have that much of a power difference? I laugh.

Anyways, the point of this post was to correct your earlier statement that MGS4 was a first quarter game... it comes out second quarter.
For what fits on a blu-ray disk, it would take 2 or 3 HDDVD's to match that.

Old 11-05-2007, 07:18 AM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DUE to the recent price drop in PS3's, and the deals zBest Buy is giving with it(ps3 40gb and 8 bluray movies) for 399, i cant pass that up. Plus, XBOX 360 interface is mad ***.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:16 AM    (permalink
CannedToast
Rookie

Quote:
For what fits on a blu-ray disk, it would take 2 or 3 HDDVD's to match that.
That really has absolutely nothing to do with "power".

Also, seeing as what they put on blu-ray discs for games are largely uncompressed, it sort of skews the numbers when they say how much space has actually been taken up.

Is Blu-ray a better format for the future? Definitely. Does it make much of a difference right now, or does it make the PS3 more powerful? Not really.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
That really has absolutely nothing to do with "power".

Also, seeing as what they put on blu-ray discs for games are largely uncompressed, it sort of skews the numbers when they say how much space has actually been taken up.

Is Blu-ray a better format for the future? Definitely. Does it make much of a difference right now, or does it make the PS3 more powerful? Not really.
HD-DVD seems to be winning the format war thus far anyway.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:37 AM    (permalink
CannedToast
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
HD-DVD seems to be winning the format war thus far anyway.
Well, the thing is, he's talking about how the PS3 has an edge over 360 and PC because it has Blu-Ray, and therefore can have "larger" games on only one disc. This means he won't have to go through the arduous task of getting up once every 7-8 hours to swap discs (assuming this even happens to begin with...).
Old 11-05-2007, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Well, the thing is, he's talking about how the PS3 has an edge over 360 and PC because it has Blu-Ray, and therefore can have "larger" games on only one disc. This means he won't have to go through the arduous task of getting up once every 7-8 hours to swap discs (assuming this even happens to begin with...).
I honestly can't believe that there will be many games that will be larger than 30 GB in the next 5 years. That is just absurd. What would be on the disc?
Old 11-05-2007, 10:48 AM    (permalink
CannedToast
Rookie

Quote:
I honestly can't believe that there will be many games that will be larger than 30 GB in the next 5 years. That is just absurd. What would be on the disc?
The 360 uses DVD9, so only has 7.95 GB's. I shouldn't have added in PC.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The 360 uses DVD9, so only has 7.95 GB's. I shouldn't have added in PC.
Still, that's a ton of space. Plus, there's the expandable HD-DVD drive. The only way I could see that filled is if they threw in a ton of uncompressed audio. Sure, you might lose a bit of quality but the average person could not discern the difference.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:02 AM    (permalink
CannedToast
Rookie

Quote:
Still, that's a ton of space. Plus, there's the expandable HD-DVD drive. The only way I could see that filled is if they threw in a ton of uncompressed audio. Sure, you might lose a bit of quality but the average person could not discern the difference.
The HDDVD drive for the 360 only plays movies, it isn't connected to gaming.

However, I do agree that for the next few years one DVD9 disc should be plenty, and at the end of the 360's life, if they have to make a few games multi-disc, I'm really indifferent to it.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The HDDVD drive for the 360 only plays movies, it isn't connected to gaming.

However, I do agree that for the next few years one DVD9 disc should be plenty, and at the end of the 360's life, if they have to make a few games multi-disc, I'm really indifferent to it.
In two years both the PS3 and Xbox 360 will be outdated anyway. I imagine the next generation will be released within 5 years or so.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone get COD4 yet? How is it?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay so i just bougfht this new PS3 controller from Madcatz and the signal from the USB Plugin thing isnt picking up the controller signal.
The website doesnt offer much help and election day means i cant call the place its self.

need some help here before i kill my tv

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
CannedToast
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Okay so i just bougfht this new PS3 controller from Madcatz and the signal from the USB Plugin thing isnt picking up the controller signal.
The website doesnt offer much help and election day means i cant call the place its self.

need some help here before i kill my tv
Never buy Madcatz stuff. In fact, for pretty much all console stuff, I would avoid buying third party anything. It usually sucks, which is why you could get three madcatz controllers for the price of one Sony controller.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know, i shoulda realized that.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got CoD4, it is unbelievable, for some reason my online has been screwy though, i dont no why
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

I'm about to rent CoD4... I'm not gonna make the same mistake I made with CoD3.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

I'm gonna start downloading that demo for Uncharted right now. I have watched a couple videos and from what I have read, this game looks like it can be a crap load of fun...

I hate it when it seems like 100 good games come out within a couple month span.