Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-08-2007, 11:22 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Assassin's Creed has received two reviews so far.

Games Radar gave it a 10/10.

http://www.gamesradar.com/us/ps3/gam...08132329541071

Game Informer gave it a 9.5/10

http://www.gameinformer.com/NR/exere...79E78B595A.htm
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:49 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yes, Assassins Creed looks amazing.. I'll have to get a PS3 soon so I can play that bad boy.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
yes, Assassins Creed looks amazing.. I'll have to get a PS3 soon so I can play that bad boy.
Tuesday can't come soon enough.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:02 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think i'll end up buying AC for my 360 on the 13th...i figured I'd rent it first but, what the hell...the game looks too good to be a let down.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:43 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been following it for a while... It just looks beautiful.. I can't wait to play it.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Assassins Creed will be a bust. From what I have read, the controls are near to impossible and there are some other things that EGM wrote about it but I forgot them right now.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay, I'm not going to lie, the game looks awesome. I just watched the new trailer.

http://www.gamespot.com/video/930022...cial-trailer-5

However, I just have a real bad feeling this game won't be as good as advertised.

Also, am I the only who sees thinks this game plays like Zelda: Ocarina of Time? The fighting seems similar except much more violent. The way he jumps and does that role reminds me of Zelda as well. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy automatically jumps from platform to platform (you know, like those posts above the ground and are connected to two buildings) like in Zelda. Also, he rides a horse, like in Zelda.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:26 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I think Assassins Creed will be a bust. From what I have read, the controls are near to impossible and there are some other things that EGM wrote about it but I forgot them right now.
Dont suck at the game and the controls will be fine! ;)

I cant wait for it.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm actually a little nervous about Assassins Credd as well after reading EGM. They said the controls have not been tweaked at all, and it is very difficult. As an example, when doing the "run across the beams above the street" routine, you have to hold the right trigger, the X, and move I believe it was, the right analog stick to successfully do it. That seems a little unneccesarily complicated. Apparently if you fall, you can use the square or cirle to catch yourself, but who would even remember to? It's supposed to be inuitive, so the triangle controls your head, the sqaure your left arm, the circle your right arm, and the X your legs. I'm sure if you play it enough you'd get the hang of it, but it seems like there will be many hours of frustration before you do.

I also read that the fighting system is a little weak. Basically just block and then counter attack. That's about it. Supposedly if you just attack, the guards will block your attack almost every time. There's a secondary move you can perform after they block you, but supposedly the timing is so tight, it's very difficult.

As most of us probably know by now, your character is most likely not an assassin from those days, but a man from the future(supposedly) and apparently Assassins Creed may be part of a series, rather than just a stand alone game.

I don't know, after reading that, despite the fact that I think EGM is notoriously biased towards the 360 and against the PS3, it does make me worry that this game isn't going to be that great. I'd much rather pick up a copy of COD4 at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure there also is a punch button where you can strike the gaurd or toss him into another gaurd or the environment.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, there's a grapple button. What I meant was the most effective strategy(according to EGM) was to block and counter everything. According to them the grapple was really only effective when fighting on rooftops.

Quote:

Old 11-14-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Uncharted got 8.5 across the board from EGM (from harsh reviewers), and IGN (a site known for being biased against the PS3) gave Uncharted a 9.1.

Looks like an awesome game and the demo was fun as well. However, the only thing that I don't like is the fact that the game will take you only about 8 hours all together to beat (probably a couple hours longer on hard mode). But, the guy from IGN said that there is a lot of replay value in this game. I think I will buy it instead of renting it however, as it seems like just one of those types you'd love to have in your collection.

Old 11-14-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Assassin's Creed is pretty sweet so far...the controls are nowhere near as confusing as they were made out to be, animation isn't amazing but it is really good...I've only played like 2% of the game so far I think but it seems like it's going to take a while to play...overall, so far it's pretty much everything I've hoped it to be
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Assassin's Creed seemed to either get excellent reviews or average reviews. I wasn't able to pick it up today, but I'll have it tomorrow. From what I read, I think the "average" reviews were more based on it not living up to the hype than it being an average game. I'm still getting it, and I can't wait.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah...i said, it in another thread. It's gonna be one of those love em or hate em games...ala, Shenmue or Indigo Prophecy...somewhere along those lines. Personally, I really like it.

and yes...the frame rate problems were exaggerrated and the controls are very easy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-14-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Assassin's Creed is pretty sweet so far...the controls are nowhere near as confusing as they were made out to be, animation isn't amazing but it is really good...I've only played like 2% of the game so far I think but it seems like it's going to take a while to play...overall, so far it's pretty much everything I've hoped it to be
Good to hear the controls are easier than they were made out to be. Definately makes my want for the game go up a bunch. I'm still getting COD4 first though.

Quote:

Old 11-14-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

It's really no different than any other game, really. You just hold one button to run and press x to jump. It's as simple as that.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-14-2007 at 08:17 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
CannedToast
Rookie

CannedToast hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
IGN (a site known for being biased against the PS3) gave Uncharted a 9.1.
Uhh, what? IGN is not biased against the PS3. Historically, IGN is a pro Sony website.

The only reason people are trying to say IGN is anti-PS3 is because games that are out on both the 360 and PS3 so far are better for 360, and get reviewed as such. Other than that, IGN is still neutral/slightly Sony biased.
CannedToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannedToast View Post
Uhh, what? IGN is not biased against the PS3. Historically, IGN is a pro Sony website.

The only reason people are trying to say IGN is anti-PS3 is because games that are out on both the 360 and PS3 so far are better for 360, and get reviewed as such. Other than that, IGN is still neutral/slightly Sony biased.
you don't know what you are talking about. Just yesterday in their review for Assassins Creed PS3, they took away points because they said it had less FPS then the xbox version and the picture wasn't as good. However, the picture and FPS is better on the PS3.

Old 11-15-2007, 01:44 AM    (permalink
CannedToast
Rookie

CannedToast hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
you don't know what you are talking about. Just yesterday in their review for Assassins Creed PS3, they took away points because they said it had less FPS then the xbox version and the picture wasn't as good. However, the picture and FPS is better on the PS3.
And your proof for this is?

...?

Developers said from the outset that the 360 version would be better. Why would you be surprised when it came true? And it was freaking .2 points. Huge Bias.
CannedToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

I just got Assassin's Creed. I haven't played it yet, but I'm going to start it up in a few minutes.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
I just got Assassin's Creed. I haven't played it yet, but I'm going to start it up in a few minutes.
I'm playing right now. :D have fun.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-15-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I'm playing right now. :D have fun.
It get's grilled on IGN, what do you think so far?
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-11 View Post
It get's grilled on IGN, what do you think so far?
I'm a big fan...games right up my alley. I could free run all day...I just ran into my first fram rate problems though...so, i'm hoping it gets back to normal soon.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-15-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I'm a big fan...games right up my alley. I could free run all day...I just ran into my first fram rate problems though...so, i'm hoping it gets back to normal soon.
Yeah they said on IGN its great for the first few horus but then gets tiresome as the gameplay wont differ much from start to finish, although i can understand that freedom to do what you want, when you want thing. I'm pretty sure i could have played all the GTA's for a lot of hours without ever actually completeling a mission
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote