Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-30-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll buy GTA new.. and Call of Duty, even though I usually only play for a couple months. When that time of year rolls around, I get suckered in and buy it.

I really don't buy many games anymore. They cost too much money. It was fun being a gamer when I didn't have to pay for everything.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why doesn't Sony like backwards compatibility? Is it just not worth it for them, cost wise?

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I missed out on the PS2, so I also have a B/C PS3. Some of the best games I have are PS2 games.
If they're going to do this whole game key thing, they should just make everything online, do away with disc-based games and beef up their security.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Backwards compatible PS3's are the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Why doesn't Sony like backwards compatibility? Is it just not worth it for them, cost wise?
I don't know. My guess is so they can sell the games again through digital distribution or remakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
I missed out on the PS2, so I also have a B/C PS3. Some of the best games I have are PS2 games.
If they're going to do this whole game key thing, they should just make everything online, do away with disc-based games and beef up their security.
The internet is not quite readily available or stable enough in some areas is my guess. Requiring internet for a console limits their customer base.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 03-30-2012 at 03:34 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
It had something to do with cost which is why once backwards compatibility was eliminated, the price of the console went down. Well, a big reason why the price went down.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Started Enslaved while I wait for Kingdoms of Amalur to come in the mail, and enjoying it so far.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just beat Enslaved and I thought it was pretty good for the most part. The characters are great and the combat,graphics and cut sceans are all well done.

It really plays like a poor mans Uncharted which is in no way a bad thing.

Last edited by Splat : 04-01-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone played Heavy Rain? I just started playing like a week ago and the gameplay is bizarre, but the story line is pretty cool.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Has anyone played Heavy Rain? I just started playing like a week ago and the gameplay is bizarre, but the story line is pretty cool.
heavy rain is awesome and everyone on this thread from past talks really enjoyed the game.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
heavy rain is awesome and everyone on this thread from past talks really enjoyed the game.
Yea the guy at gamestop was talking it up and it was only $15 bucks so I figured what the hell, I'm enjoying it so far and it definitely has me hooked in with the story. Are the alternate endings worth additional play throughs? I know there are a ton of endings but I kind of feel this is gonna be a game I play through once and never pick up again.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:37 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yea the guy at gamestop was talking it up and it was only $15 bucks so I figured what the hell, I'm enjoying it so far and it definitely has me hooked in with the story. Are the alternate endings worth additional play throughs? I know there are a ton of endings but I kind of feel this is gonna be a game I play through once and never pick up again.
I think it is worth playing through again as i've did so twice and plan to atleast one more. Its the as good as the first time through but its still worth it. I might recommend waiting a few months between play throughs. I also now have the ps move so i've been wanting to try that to it. I'm always very careful about talking about this game bc i dont wanna spoil anything but stay tuned you are in for a great ride. It was a steal for 15$, I payed 40$ for mine and I'd do it again today.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I got Kingdoms of Amalur in the mail today, it wasn't supposed to be here till Wednesday.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:49 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You seem really into this game. I've never heard of it. What is so great about it?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
You seem really into this game. I've never heard of it. What is so great about it?
You might want to ask someone else since I will more than likely hype it up to much lol.

That said the combat it just a blast especially if you use a magic heavy character. On top of that it takes place in a massive world and just has a TON of replay value.

The story isn't ground breaking by any means but that isn't why I play it. I just love the game play.

You can play the Demo on PSN but it doesn't really do it justice since you have to play awhile to get the better weapons/powers.

Here is IGN's review.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1216517p1.html

Last edited by Splat : 04-02-2012 at 10:09 AM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody get the new Tiger Woods game?

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:45 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

So I started playing The Godfather Don's edition over the weekend and have been very surprised and enjoying it. I picked it up bc I enjoyed mafia 2 so much and always liked mafia stuff. The graphics are a bit outdated, but I like it better then most open world games i've played. Anyone else played it? I'll def be playing the 2nd one.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Just bought The Show. Before the start screen came up it asked me if I wanted to install something that significantly improves the load time, so I figured why not.......... and it's taking like a half hour to install!!!

ughhhhh...

Still excited to play it though, haven't bought a baseball game in like 3-4 years.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:06 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Just bought The Show. Before the start screen came up it asked me if I wanted to install something that significantly improves the load time, so I figured why not.......... and it's taking like a half hour to install!!!

ughhhhh...

Still excited to play it though, haven't bought a baseball game in like 3-4 years.
I got the show last year and really enjoyed it I pretty much only did Road to the show as a closer and I recommend you try it out. You don't have to worry about playing all 162 games and you only pitch a inning so it only takes about 5 min per game pitch.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
I got the show last year and really enjoyed it I pretty much only did Road to the show as a closer and I recommend you try it out. You don't have to worry about playing all 162 games and you only pitch a inning so it only takes about 5 min per game pitch.
Yea I started up RTTS last night, created a 3B and got drafted to the Giants. I was having a tough time hitting early on, but once I got the timing down and started using a better swing selection I was really enjoying it. I can already tell I'll be playing this for a while.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 04-10-2012 at 07:00 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I'm a huge RE fan but this is just ridiculous...

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2012/...ping_ usd1300

Quote:
Video game collectorís editions have gradually got more elaborate (and expensive) over the past five years ó but Resident Evil 6ís Japan-only Premium Edition sets a whole new precedent.

The limited edition pack will set you back a staggering •105,000, which translates to about $1300.

In exchange for your hard-earned cash, youíll receive a full-size, wearable replica of Leonís leather jacket from the main game. Youíll also receive a copy of Resident Evil 6 on PS3 and four phone covers based on the seriesí famous herb items.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I'm a huge RE fan but this is just ridiculous...

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2012/...ping_ usd1300
Yea that's pretty insane, but this guy raised a good point:

Quote:
jer18 said:
Perhaps if it included the glock as well
Old 04-12-2012, 07:09 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

im really getting into the NBA 2K12 legends mode
Old 04-17-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Old 04-17-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

At first I thought that was Jesus
Old 04-17-2012, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Revenge solves everything.

That has the be the coolest game slogan ever. Me want.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote