Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-18-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any thoughts on what game/games I should start on next?

Resident Evil 5 - I think its 5 someone let me borrow it and never played any of them

GTA 4 - only did like the first mission

Fallout New Vegas -

Mass Effect 2

L.A Noire - been wanting to though this one again

Uncharted series - about halfway done with the first one for the 2nd time and this is my fav series of all time. Also havent did any MP for U3.

RDR undead nightmare - got half way through and need to get around to finishing it

Resistance 3 - Loved the game wanting to play it again with the sharpshooter gun
Old 04-18-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Resident Evil 5

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Resident Evil 5
about how long does it take to complete?
Old 04-18-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd suggest RE5 only if you are going to play co-op. The partner AI is horrible from what I remember.

Out of that list I'd choose ME2 or GTAIV first. ME2 is one of my favorites of all time, and I liked GTAIV more than most. GTAIV was my favorite GTA hands down.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 04-18-2012 at 01:22 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Bolt
Rookie

Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
im really getting into the NBA 2K12 legends mode
2K12 is hands down the best sports game out there now (never really could get into FIFA). No mode ever gets old.
Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
I'd suggest RE5 only if you are going to play co-op. The partner AI is horrible from what I remember.
Ya, the AI can be a pain but I would still recommend playing it.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:42 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hands down GTA 4. If I could recommend only 1 game for a new gamer, GTA 4 would be right near the top of my list.

RE5 was okay but as a fan of the franchise I thought it was a bit of a letdown. I wouldn't be in a rush to play it, especially when you have a fantastic game like GTA 4 on deck

Last edited by TheFinisher : 04-19-2012 at 07:44 AM.
TheFinisher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:48 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, can I get a hellz yes?

Old 04-19-2012, 08:46 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
easily one of my least favorite games ever, just for some perspective.
Far too popular for njx.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:49 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

I am leaning toward GTA since ive heard great things about it and the new one is coming out soon. I'm usually not as in to open world games as i like just a straight path game but I have enjoyed some in the past like RDR.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:09 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
easily one of my least favorite games ever, just for some perspective.

The gameplay isn't groundbreaking, it can actually be a little dull at times... but the story progression and sandbox environment are both top notch. There's countless amount of things you can do, even outside of the main missions. There's fun to be had practically anywhere in Liberty City.

I just feel it's one of those games that are considered a must play, even in the rare occurrence that you didn't enjoy the ride(most do).
Old 04-19-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
I am leaning toward GTA since ive heard great things about it and the new one is coming out soon. I'm usually not as in to open world games as i like just a straight path game but I have enjoyed some in the past like RDR.
If you liked RDR I can't see how GTA4 would disappoint you.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
If you liked RDR I can't see how GTA4 would disappoint you.
Because at this point, all GTAs are more or less the same game. Sure, there's minor differences such as new perks or updated game play, but the story arcs are pretty repetitive in general and the new stuff isn't that big of a deal. I got about half way through GTA4 and had to stop because it got pretty boring. And this coming from someone who didn't sleep for days while playing GTA3, Vice City, and San Andreas.

For someone that's never played GTA before, GTA4 would probably be awesome. But there's been nothing new/exciting/revolutionary about GTA for a while. RDR is at least different in that the time period and overall environment is completely different than anything GTA has done. It would be like if Rockstar came out with a game set in Colonial times or some other time period outside the last 20 years.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a huge G spot for GTA games. I've pre-ordered all of them I think since GTA3. I really enjoy the immersiveness.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought the missions in GTA4 were the best of the 3D GTAs. I liked the storytelling and characters, I was immersed in the game to a degree only a few games have accomplished for me. I found it to be a very great and entertaining experience. The dlc was even better as well. This is coming from a guy who owns all the games on their respective playstation consoles and pc with a lot of hours played.

Gta4 missions are soooooooooooooooo much better than rdr. Rdr is a snooze fest with a cool environment.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 04-19-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya, my biggest complaint for RDR is the story was boring. I really enjoyed messing around doing side stuff and odd stuff, but really wanted the story to just be done.

I guess I just can't get into a GTA game for hours upon hours like I used to. I enjoyed GTA4 when I first started it, but after a while it just didn't do anything to keep my interest, at least any more than other GTA games did. Maybe not indicitive of GTA4 as much as maybe my taste in games changing.

Was there really a lot of things different from past GTA games in terms of new abilities and functionality?

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Rdr is a snooze fest with a cool environment.
I could not disagree more... I thought it was awesome from start to finish.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

There wasn't anything groundbreaking with the GTAIV missions, they just seemed way more polished and better designed. The guns felt better and the cover system was a nice addition as well. I never cared for the on foot gunplay in GTA3, Vice City, or San Andreas too much. The changes to them in GTAIV was a big fix imo.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I know pretty much nothing about Mass Effect but keep hearing good things. I have been looking around on Amazon and only finding 2 and 3. Is 1 not available for PS3?

If so not sure if I'm going to play it, since I very much prefer to play games from the beginning.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1 is pc/360 only, iirc.
You are correct sir. Microsoft owns the license for the 1st game.

Although if you get ME2 for PS3 you get to make decisions in this mini comic that gives you the story.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Gamestop is selling 160 GB PS3's for $199.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/consoles...-3-160gb/92398
Old 04-20-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I know pretty much nothing about Mass Effect but keep hearing good things. I have been looking around on Amazon and only finding 2 and 3. Is 1 not available for PS3?

If so not sure if I'm going to play it, since I very much prefer to play games from the beginning.
I was in your shoes last weekend, a part of me was hesitant about jumping into a story-heavy RPG without being able to play the first but at the same time I heard how amazing it was and didn't want to miss out entirely. I went ahead and bought 2+3, and like someone said ME2 starts off with an in-game comic that's about 8 mins long and did a good job of filling me in on what I missed in ME1 and Shepard's backstory. It also requires you to make some of the major choices that affect the rest of the story, which I thought was cool... and hey, it's better than nothing.

I don't regret the purchase at all, I'm having a blast with exploring the galaxy and building my personal hand picked team of bad *** space soldiers... not to mention seeing how the millions of decisions I make wind up playing out, and ultimately effecting my story.

In the end it's your decision, but looking back I would have been ****** at myself if I had let the worries of missing ME1 stop me from experiencing ME2 and ME3.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Bolt
Rookie

Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finished Arkham City the other day, was really blown away. Good story and mechanics, can't wait for a sequal to come.
Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

They are making a Double Dragon game for PSN... I'm giddy.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:05 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
They are making a Double Dragon game for PSN... I'm giddy.
a new game?