Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-15-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Besides that temporary dip in frame rate (it's gone already)...this game is incredibally smooth. Playing on the 360 mind you...I'm sure it isn't much different on the PS3. Everything is responsive and all the motions are fluid. When you get the controls down...free running to escape is loads of fun. I really do believe I could do it all day...haha. Stringing move after move together...it just looks amazing.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the game so far. Haven't played a ton of it, but it's pretty cool. It looks amazing. The controls take maybe 3-5 minutes to get used to, but after that they're pretty effortless.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

continuing last thread.
the wii had 4 90+s in its first year. all exclusive.
the wii had 4 :)
Super Mario Galaxy97
2Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, The95
3Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition91
4Metroid Prime 3: Corruption90

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good deal, PL found the original thread. That other one should be locked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ok, I was writing this in the other thread before it got deleted and I don't wanna get this thread in trouble but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannedToast View Post
Haha, ok, if you look at all of my posts, aside from the one where I took the shot at him for being sad about owning an "inferior console" because he called me a "fanboy" for no real reason, I haven't said anything biased or mean at all. Someone asked about what they should buy, and I said, "It's about the games, and here is my advice based on games."

Some people then complained about that, and I explained myself. In fact, I've helped out with people's questions about Drake's Fortune and whatnot.
dude, no one is doubting what you say...it's the fact that you come to the thread to tell everyone how much better 360 is...yes, some people ask what they should get, 360 or PS3, in which case, you are justified in what you say...but to come in and just ramble on about how 360 is so much better than PS3 is just unneeded and unwanted, everyone in here is either a PS3 owner or considering getting one, so we obviously like the PS3...there is no need for you to come in and run of facts about how FPS is better or how games are ported to the PS3, we already know that and understand...just go to the 360 thread and jerk off to 360 and leave everyone here alone

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MGS4
Socom
White Knight
Final Fantasy 13
Haze
God of War 3
Grand Turismo 5
Killzone 2
Metal Gear Online
Tekken 6

All supposed to be ps3 exclusives, pretty damn good list.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-11 View Post
It get's grilled on IGN, what do you think so far?
It's fun but for me its hard to sit down and play it for a long time because its the same stuff.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 11-29-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
MGS4
Socom
White Knight
Final Fantasy 13
Haze
God of War 3
Grand Turismo 5
Killzone 2
Metal Gear Online
Tekken 6

All supposed to be ps3 exclusives, pretty damn good list.
And when are these games supposed to be released? It's not a pretty damn good list if this is it for the next two to three years.

Oh, and you forgot Final Fantasy Versus XIII. :)
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
CannedToast
Rookie

CannedToast hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
dude, no one is doubting what you say...it's the fact that you come to the thread to tell everyone how much better 360 is...yes, some people ask what they should get, 360 or PS3, in which case, you are justified in what you say...but to come in and just ramble on about how 360 is so much better than PS3 is just unneeded and unwanted, everyone in here is either a PS3 owner or considering getting one, so we obviously like the PS3...there is no need for you to come in and run of facts about how FPS is better or how games are ported to the PS3, we already know that and understand...just go to the 360 thread and jerk off to 360 and leave everyone here alone
And, once again, until the question was asked, I didn't really say anything.

All of the things I have said in either thread has been in response to something. I'm not just coming in "PS3 SUXORZ!" Just when someone says something, I reply.

The FPS comment was a REPLY to someone saying how it was better on PS3 even though that wasn't true.

You can like the PS3. There's lots to like. Just when someone bullshits about something I call them on it. I do the same about the 360. If you have a problem with people calling you on BS, don't lie.
CannedToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
And when are these games supposed to be released? It's not a pretty damn good list if this is it for the next two to three years.

Oh, and you forgot Final Fantasy Versus XIII. :)
Those are 2008 titles... I didn't forget it I just haven't heard much about Versus 13 to be honest.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyways...can any of you sell me on final fantasy...I've never really gotten into the games, but what are some reasons I should look into it?

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 11-30-2007, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28442.html

Really cool look into how Naughty Dog used the power of the PS3 in DF.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
anyways...can any of you sell me on final fantasy...I've never really gotten into the games, but what are some reasons I should look into it?
Do you like RPG's?

THEN GO PLAY A VIDEO GAME WITH FINAL FANTASY IN THE TITLE. (other than eleven, that was just a crappy MMO).
Old 11-30-2007, 01:27 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Do you like RPG's?

THEN GO PLAY A VIDEO GAME WITH FINAL FANTASY IN THE TITLE. (other than eleven, that was just a crappy MMO).
I mean, I understand that the series has credibility, but I meant do I have to have played the whole series or can I just jump in now...and like what makes Final Fantasy so different/better than other games? I do like RPGs, which is why I'm considering FF, but if I have to understand previous games then I'm not going to jump in now...

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 11-30-2007, 01:36 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I mean, I understand that the series has credibility, but I meant do I have to have played the whole series or can I just jump in now...and like what makes Final Fantasy so different/better than other games? I do like RPGs, which is why I'm considering FF, but if I have to understand previous games then I'm not going to jump in now...
Each FF is completely unrelated to each other and each has its own world/storyline (except for FF X and X-2).

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 06:58 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Each FF is completely unrelated to each other and each has its own world/storyline (except for FF X and X-2).
And they're all amazing (except for X-2)...

Honestly 2 of my top 10 favorite games are Final Fantasy 7 and Final Fantasy 10 and I would consider putting Final Fantasy 9 in there... They're quality games with a good story and alot of fun to play.

Old 11-30-2007, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/35060/98/

To make profit on MGS4 it has to sell a million copies day 1. Thats a huge mark to hit and shows just how important this game is to the PS3's success.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:18 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd buy it if I had a PS3. Damnit.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
CannedToast
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post

To make profit on MGS4 it has to sell a million copies day 1. Thats a huge mark to hit and shows just how important this game is to the PS3's success.
Edit
* haha, it answered my question in the article.

Anyways, the fact that it needs to sell a million day one doesn't mean it is important to the PS3's success at all. It is, but how much it needs to sell isn't related to anything. How much it *ends up* selling, and how many consoles it helps to sell show how important it is to the PS3's success.

I don't see why MGS4 shouldn't be able to reach a million, though. If halo sold 2.4, then MGS4 should be able to do 1 million.

Last edited by CannedToast : 11-30-2007 at 01:20 PM.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post

To make a profit in this generation of consoles, video games do need to sell 1 million copies. Day 1 has nothing to do with it though.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
CannedToast
Rookie

Quote:
To make a profit in this generation of consoles, video games do need to sell 1 million copies. Day 1 has nothing to do with it though.
No, they have made projections on how many games they will sell later, *if* they sell one million games day one.

This means, they probably need to sell like 4 millions copies total to break even.

It doesn't really have anything to do with day one... but according to their projections, if they don't sell a million on day one, they'll have to do something to boost sales to higher than they projected later to break even.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannedToast View Post
No, they have made projections on how many games they will sell later, *if* they sell one million games day one.

This means, they probably need to sell like 4 millions copies total to break even.

It doesn't really have anything to do with day one... but according to their projections, if they don't sell a million on day one, they'll have to do something to boost sales to higher than they projected later to break even.

I hope this isn't tue, because if it is, it is a bad sign for the PS3. Everything I've heard about this generation of consoles going all the way back to the announcement that 360 games would cost $60 instead of $50 is that games need to sell one million copies to make a profit. Obviously, there are exceptions such as Guitar Hero and Halo 3 with its three skews but that has more to due with the pricing. But a game needing to sell four million copies? That's going to be a problem. It means that at least half of the people who have purchased the system or will purchase the system in the forceeable future will need to buy the game.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
CannedToast
Rookie

Quote:
I hope this isn't tue, because if it is, it is a bad sign for the PS3. Everything I've heard about this generation of consoles going all the way back to the announcement that 360 games would cost $60 instead of $50 is that games need to sell one million copies to make a profit. Obviously, there are exceptions such as Guitar Hero and Halo 3 with its three skews but that has more to due with the pricing. But a game needing to sell four million copies? That's going to be a problem. It means that at least half of the people who have purchased the system or will purchase the system in the forceeable future will need to buy the game.
Well, for starters, don't take my random 4 million as a solid number. I just threw that out there. It could be more like 3 million, although I don't see it any lower than that.

We'll see how MGS4 does. I don't find it hard to believe that half the people with a PS3 could end up buying it, even if just to say "I own MGS4".
Old 11-30-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
And they're all amazing (except for X-2)...

Honestly 2 of my top 10 favorite games are Final Fantasy 7 and Final Fantasy 10 and I would consider putting Final Fantasy 9 in there... They're quality games with a good story and alot of fun to play.
Tactics is actually my favorite FF, probably followed by 7.

11 actually wasn't a completely crappy MMO. Overall it was actually pretty descent. The problem with it, and the reason IMO it wasn't more successful, was that you had to party up in order to level at all. Past say, level 15, if you didn't party up, levelling was just a ridiculously long, tedious, time consuming process that was more frustrating than fun. And there was really only one job skill that you could go solo for most of the game(beastmaster). So you were forced to party in order to do anything. Even that wouldn't have been so bad, but as you started getting into the higher levels, obviously there's less people in that level range to party with. Once you got up into the 30's and 40's, there's be like one party looking for one person, and like 60 people with their party flag up. And of course, said party is only looking for a white mage, because no one wants to play a white mage(at least in the lower levels). And even if you did get into a party after 5 hours of waiting, even if the white mage falls asleep and the entire party dies, and you go off, you're the one getting kicked, because it was so hard to find a white mage. And then, even if you manage to get a party that works well together and likes each other, every good farming spot is camped so heavily that there's barely any monsters to fight anyway. And then someone agros a skeleton and brings it back knowing they can't handle it, and they run away, and it runs wild on your party instead right when you're fighting something else, and then you run, and everyones pissed off, and then someone has to go, and then you just wasted all that time for almost nothing.

Other than that, it was actually really fun. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the Final Fantasy series. Final Fantasy VII is one of my favorite games of all-time. The only games I've played more than FFVII are Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, and 3. I was a huge fan of FFX as well. I'm probably one of the few people who liked FFVIII more than FFIX, but both were good games. I enjoyed FFX-2 more than most, but it's not comparable to the other games. Never had any interest in FFXI, and I should FINALLY be getting FFXII in a few weeks.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote