Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-04-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell yea for Black ops 2 . It looks bad ass . I hope it is better the MW3. We will have to wait till Nov once again. But dam two call of duty games in one year shesh.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Downloading The Walking Dead season pass as we speak.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
I liked the more cartoon-y GTAs better than GTA IV. San Andreas was the best by far (except for all the jaggies)
I agree. Some dark storytelling is fine but I think it lost too much of its humor.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
You get used to the driving. I got pretty good. The cops are too sensitive, you're right about that. I personally thought 4 was too serious of a game, but I still really enjoyed it. The Episodes were also fun.

Whenever I was about done playing GTA4 I would decide to just ram other cars as hard as I could. It was such a shock to me the first time I accidentally killed somebody in a head-on collision and when I went to look they were slumped against the wheel, dead, with the horn blaring. The best though is when you can find some sucker on the side of the road with his trunk or hood open.
Yea I got a little more use to it as i played but still thought it was horrible. I liked it for the most part but a few of those things bugged me.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Yea I got a little more use to it as i played but still thought it was horrible. I liked it for the most part but a few of those things bugged me.
Using handbrake to make turns helped a lot.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Downloading The Walking Dead season pass as we speak.
I had $50 PSN card and I got this and now I'm downloading Mass Effect 2. It will be my first time playing a ME game.

I wasn't going to get ME2 since I have no way of playing the first one, but people keep telling me to get it anyways and I caved.

I have $10 left and not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, either DLC for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning or a PSN game.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GTA Vice City was the best and anyone who disagrees will be an enemy of mine for life.

Old 05-04-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GTAIV is my favorite, but Vice City is definitely my second favorite. I thought it was the best ps2 GTA. The setting and environment was much more entertaining than any other GTA I thought.

Quote:
I had $50 PSN card and I got this and now I'm downloading Mass Effect 2. It will be my first time playing a ME game.

I wasn't going to get ME2 since I have no way of playing the first one, but people keep telling me to get it anyways and I caved.

I have $10 left and not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, either DLC for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning or a PSN game.
The story in ME1 is really good, but the gameplay in 2 and 3 is far superior despite losing some rpg elements of the first. I heard there is some sort of recap of the story in ME2 for ps3. ME1 is on PC, but if you can't play it you could always look up the cutscenes and such online.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 05-04-2012 at 07:53 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry WMD:

1. San Andreas
2. Vice City
3. III

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:08 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Sorry WMD:

1. San Andreas
2. Vice City
3. III
San Andreas is a worthy choice for #1 though. The Jet Pack was badass.. I hope they bring it back.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:20 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, GTA SA is still the best one. Just completely awesome.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
GallopingGhost
Veteran

GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SA was the ****. I was so hooked to that game compared to all the other games.
GTA IV almost gave it a run for its money though. SA was way ahead of its time.
GallopingGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:42 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
GTAIV is my favorite, but Vice City is definitely my second favorite. I thought it was the best ps2 GTA. The setting and environment was much more entertaining than any other GTA I thought.

The story in ME1 is really good, but the gameplay in 2 and 3 is far superior despite losing some rpg elements of the first. I heard there is some sort of recap of the story in ME2 for ps3. ME1 is on PC, but if you can't play it you could always look up the cutscenes and such online.
Yeah, just started ME2 a few days ago. Thankfully i had 3 days off this week for parental leave, so i just had to feed the baby, change poopy diapers, & play ME2 for about 8 hours each day.

I really like the game, but some of the stuff is getting a little monotonous. Looking forward to finishing it off & then on to either ME3 or Uncharted 3.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I just beat the first episode of The Walking Dead and was pleasantly surprised with how good it was.

I was pretty skeptical going in but I really feel Telltale did a good job with it.

I can't wait for the next episode.

Last edited by Splat : 05-05-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just beat the first episode of The Walking Dead and was pleasantly surprised with how good it was.

I was pretty skeptical going in but I really feel Telltale did a good job with it.

I can't wait for the next episode.
Glad u liked it and that was my thoughts at first to
Old 05-06-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Glad u liked it and that was my thoughts at first to
It was the point and click style that had me a bit worried but I ended up really enjoying it.

In other news started Mass Effect 2 last night and it's pretty dope.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Play a Vanguard. Anything else is for pussies.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Play a Vanguard. Anything else is for pussies.
I was disappointed with how Shockwave got nerfed in ME3. I ran through the trilogy with a Vanguard. Miranda-Thane combo with a Vanguard Shepard in ME2 is just completely OP.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it was actually a ton more fun to play in Mass Effect 3. The added mobility of every class kind of made it feel less powerful initially, but that Nova/Charge re-charge combo was just a blast. The shotguns were a lot more varied too, with a different feel for each of them. Still ended up settling on the Plasma Shotgun though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-06-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I thought it was actually a ton more fun to play in Mass Effect 3. The added mobility of every class kind of made it feel less powerful initially, but that Nova/Charge re-charge combo was just a blast. The shotguns were a lot more varied too, with a different feel for each of them. Still ended up settling on the Plasma Shotgun though.
Charge is worthless to me. As is Nova. Charge isn't a smart skill to use and you're doing it wrong if you're in a situation where Nova will hit anything. So Shockwave being nerfed and not getting Warp killed the class for me.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
bah, all about infiltrator.
...I stand by my statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Charge is worthless to me. As is Nova. Charge isn't a smart skill to use and you're doing it wrong if you're in a situation where Nova will hit anything. So Shockwave being nerfed and not getting Warp killed the class for me.
This is so wrong it's not even funny.

Charge is the core skill of which everything else is based out of. There's like...zero point in playing it if you aren't using it. Provided that you actually use cover and move, you can easily find guys to single up on and Charge. Upgraded all the way, it usually only takes a single shot or two to finish a guy off. You just have to be decisive and plan two or three moves ahead of what you're doing.

Nova is an essential tool to use too. Provided you upgrade your weapons all the way and use lighter materials where applicable, your re-charge rate should be above 100%. You can charge into groups, pop Nova(usually killing at least one enemy in the process), roll away, and charge at someone else before enemies even know what's going on if you're quick enough. It's also an effective opener if you end up near an enemy with full barriers(which you can do provided you move through cover and roll well).

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-06-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
The Charge/Nova combo is amazing. Even on insanity, I was charging and using nova everywhere. I think it was the inferno suit I was using which made my charge practically have no cooldown, so after using nova I could immediately charge and get my shields back. Brutes went down in a couple of hits. So much fun.

You're definitely not doing it wrong by using nova unless you can't charge immediately afterwards.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 05-06-2012 at 02:34 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:39 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bought the Walking Dead. Played Episode 1 last night. Loved it so far.
Kinda sucks that you have to wait for the other episodes to drop on a monthly basis.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:43 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Bought the Walking Dead. Played Episode 1 last night. Loved it so far.
Kinda sucks that you have to wait for the other episodes to drop on a monthly basis.
Yea its a real shame, do u know the exacte date of when the new one is coming out?