Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-30-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
I love the Final Fantasy series. Final Fantasy VII is one of my favorite games of all-time. The only games I've played more than FFVII are Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, and 3. I was a huge fan of FFX as well. I'm probably one of the few people who liked FFVIII more than FFIX, but both were good games. I enjoyed FFX-2 more than most, but it's not comparable to the other games. Never had any interest in FFXI, and I should FINALLY be getting FFXII in a few weeks.
I'm playing FF XII right now. I know alot of people weren't that high on it, but I'm actually enjoying it a ton. Gambits can make combat somewhat boring at times, but other than that, I'm really into it. Definately found some good farming areas so far, since IMO, gil can be hard to come by, at least early on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FF12 was good I was just upset that they moved away from the traditional fight system of Final Fantasy... It's what made it what it was.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
FF12 was good I was just upset that they moved away from the traditional fight system of Final Fantasy... It's what made it what it was.
I certainly preferred the old ie FFVII system myself. But I think once you get used to this one, it can lead to some crazy hectic battles when you've got like 8 or 9 guys trying to kill you and you're just mowing through them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 01:59 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
I certainly preferred the old ie FFVII system myself. But I think once you get used to this one, it can lead to some crazy hectic battles when you've got like 8 or 9 guys trying to kill you and you're just mowing through them.
I never played FFVII, but then again, I never owned a PSX. My first foray into Final Fantasy was ten.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Hey if i want to get the rosters of NCAA basketball and football onto my PS3 game wihtout naming them all by myself.. what do i need... cause i remember Ward put a website up wehre you could download them... do you need a special memeory stick to transefer from Comp to PS3?

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't have the site, but I know you have to have a USB storage device. Just buy some 20 dollar one.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
I don't have the site, but I know you have to have a USB storage device. Just buy some 20 dollar one.
ok so if i go into the store and ask for that.. and say what i want it for they can direct me to the best thing?

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Last edited by HoopsDemon12 : 12-02-2007 at 04:36 PM.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
Hey if i want to get the rosters of NCAA basketball and football onto my PS3 game wihtout naming them all by myself.. what do i need... cause i remember Ward put a website up wehre you could download them... do you need a special memeory stick to transefer from Comp to PS3?
www.fkrosters.com
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
ok so if i go into the store and ask for that.. and say what i want it for they can direct me to the best thing?
Just get some 512 MB storage stick. (Has to be USB)

Use the fkrosters.com. Make sure the PS3 folder is in the 1st section of your the USB drive. So right when you plug it in and press view files you should see a PS3 folder, which has the SAVEDATA folder, then all the actual rosters.
Old 12-08-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

I was looking at the soundtrack for my madden games and im not to fond of them to say the least... Can you put your own music on this thing... or are you stuck?

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 12-13-2007, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Question about NHL 08. I know when it was released it ran at 30fps and looked terrible but have they released a patch to fix the fps to equal or nearly equal the 60fps the 360 runs?
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i'm curious why anyone thinks 30fps looks "terrible", since the game ran just as smoothly as prior iterations did on the original xbox and further, why they think the 360 running at 60fps is realistically any better looking. but don't let me get in the way of a certain 360 fanboy telling you why your ps3/ps3 games suck(s).
lol, Im not a 360 fanboy, I have a PS2 and thinking about getting a PS3 boxing day, just want to know if NHL has released a patch to fix the problem bc a heard the players look like their under strobe lights. Im pretty sure original ps2 and xbox nhls ran at 60fps.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
CannedToast
Rookie

CannedToast hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
i'm curious why anyone thinks 30fps looks "terrible", since the game ran just as smoothly as prior iterations did on the original xbox and further, why they think the 360 running at 60fps is realistically any better looking. but don't let me get in the way of a certain 360 fanboy telling you why your ps3/ps3 games suck(s).
Actually, from Man_of_steel's previous posts, he has a more PS3 bias than anything. You just get excited too easily. :)
CannedToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
CannedToast
Rookie

Quote:
(psst, you weren't the one i was talking about)

(you were)

=P
Well, in that case, I've never actually said that the PS3 games look bad... I just said the 360 versions were better because they run at a higher FPS.;)

And CannedToast is as neutral as they come, baby.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Can anyone answer my question?
Old 12-13-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
CannedToast
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
lol, Im not a 360 fanboy, I have a PS2 and thinking about getting a PS3 boxing day, just want to know if NHL has released a patch to fix the problem bc a heard the players look like their under strobe lights. Im pretty sure original ps2 and xbox nhls ran at 60fps.
I'm sure it's either not that bad or else it will be patched soon.

Why don't you just use the Playstation Forums? You'll get an answer in like 2 minutes.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Quote:
it's not been a problem on my version at all. it plays just as smoothly as any version i had on xbox. don't know if there's a patch, since i never have mine connected to the internet.
You have PS3? If I do get it this holiday Ill let you know my PSNID.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannedToast View Post
I'm sure it's either not that bad or else it will be patched soon.

Why don't you just use the Playstation Forums? You'll get an answer in like 2 minutes.
Yea, I supose I can do that, I dont like sihning up for stuff but w/e.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Quote:
i have it but i don't play online. only games i ever played online were TFC and diablo.
I heard COD4 was amazing online, Home is supposed to be pretty cool as well when it comes out.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
CannedToast
Rookie

Home would actually be really good for njx. Perhaps it would teach him how to interact with others.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
CannedToast
Rookie

I'll put the NPD numbers in here, too. For those who are intrigued by that sorta thing.

Hardware Sales
PlayStation 2 -- 496,000
PayStation 3 -- 466,000
PlayStation Portable -- 567,000
Xbox 360 -- 770,000
Wii -- 981,000
Nintendo DS -- 1,530,000

October 2007 Hardware Sales

PlayStation 2 -- 184,000
PayStation 3 -- 121,000
PlayStation Portable -- 286,000
Xbox 360 -- 366,000
Wii -- 519,000
Nintendo DS -- 458,000

"If the year had ended on December 1st, 2007 would be up 5% versus last year," said NPD analyst Anita Frazier. "With the biggest month of the year yet to go, total industry sales are on track to achieve between $18B and $19B in the U.S."

Software numbers were equally encouraging, with Activision's Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (selling 3.5X more on Xbox 360 than PS3) and Nintendo of America's Super Mario Galaxy clearly pulling ahead of the pack. Unfortunately, November hopefuls Rock Band and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune both failed to break into the top 10. We'll have more on those games and others in an NPD follow-up tomorrow, and look forward to discussion on their numbers in the next 1UP Yours.

November 2007 Software Sales
1. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Xbox 360) -- 1,570,000
2. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) -- 1,120,000
3. Assassin's Creed (Xbox 360) -- 980,000
4. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (PlayStation 2) -- 967,000
5. Wii Play w/ Remote (Wii) -- 564,000
6. Mass Effect (Xbox 360) -- 473,000
7. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PlayStation 3) -- 444,000
8. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (Wii) -- 426,000
9. Halo 3 (Xbox 360) -- 387,000
10. Assassin's Creed (PlayStation 3) -- 377,000
Old 12-13-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

can PS3 play PS2 games?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
can PS3 play PS2 games?
Yeah, but you need a memory card adapter if you want to play any of your old files. You can save any new files to the internal memory card.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
Yeah, but you need a memory card adapter if you want to play any of your old files. You can save any new files to the internal memory card.
hmm interesting. I kinda want a PS3 but am content with my PS2. Not an avid player, but try and play madden or NCAA once a day if lucky. not sure if I should get PS3 or not...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CannedToast, please get the **** out of this thread, you are very annoying and no one in this thread appreciates you input.

Thank you very much and have a nice day
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote