Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-28-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
The Last of Us Will Feature Online Multiplayer

I don't think any online play is needed with this game.
I think the reason why i've never payed for 60% for a non sports game is bc of MP. I know alot of people enjoy it but I just don't ever play MP. I wonder what some of the blockbuster games would be if they didnt have any MP and just made the campign better/longer.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I only play online/multiplayer for like COD or sports games. I have yet to play online for like Uncharted or other games. I enjoy playing single player in those games for the stories and to enjoy the graphics/scenes, so when a game like Last of Us is going to have online multiplayer I just go meh.

Unless it's the reason a game like that would get delayed, then I get upset and want to stabby stabby.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can yall imagine how great something Uncharted would be if they didnt spend a good amount of there time on MP?

Just look at the batman games which focused just on the campign and it sold great and got people to buy the game who arent just the batman/comic book nerds.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya, I like MP, but for games like Uncharted,RDR,Mass Effect ect it just isn't needed.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:22 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

anyone here play saints row 3?
Old 06-29-2012, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just got Arkham Asylum in the mail today, but I won't get to play it till Monday or Tuesday since I have family down for the week.

I have a quick question any other time I have got a GOTY edition that came with DLC it came with a code to get it and this one didn't. I'm assuming/hoping it's all ready on the disk?
Old 06-29-2012, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never bought a GOY edition but that what I assumed with them. All the DLCs are already preloaded on the disc.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:15 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Never bought a GOY edition but that what I assumed with them. All the DLCs are already preloaded on the disc.
Yea it should all be on the disk
Old 06-29-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Has anyone checked to see if The Walking Dead EP 2 is on PSN yet? It's supposed to be on sometime today, but I can't get on right now just curious.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My boys are watching Toy Story 3 right now. I'll check as soon as it's over :)

Old 06-29-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I'm enjoying my new PS3 but the short controller charger is grinding my gears.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

They sell longer ones, I think.
I always check the battery on the remote before I shut the unit off.
If it's low, I leave it on the home screen charging.
I also have it set up to shut off automatically after an hour in standby.

Still no Walking Dead as of now.

:(

Old 06-29-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Official list, including prices: from PSN store

Gotham City Impostors
$10.49, or $7.34 for PlayStation Plus Members.

A 6 vs. 6 first person shooter, Gotham City Impostors is a multiplayer game unlike any other, giving players the opportunity to pose as their amateur vigilantes or villains. Create your own Bats and Jokerz characters using unprecedented customization options.

NBA Jam: On Fire Edition

HE’S ON FIRE! NBA JAM: On Fire Edition from EA Sports is guaranteed to light up the court as you throwdown the craziest dunks in the history of the basketball. Don’t miss out on this reimagining of the classic arcade game!

Shadow of the Colossus
$13.99. or $9.79 for PlayStation Plus Members.

Experience a majestic journey through ancient lands, on a quest to bring a girl back to life. The only way to save her is to slay sixteen Colossi. Explore expansive landscapes and seek out each gigantic beast in its own natural habitat.

inFAMOUS Festival of Blood
$6.99, or $4.89 for PlayStation Plus Members.

Vampires swarm New Marais, and revered superhero Cole MacGrath has been bitten. To save his soul and city, he has just one night to find and kill the head vampire. Be sure to check out this stand-alone addition to the inFAMOUS universe.

Crysis
$13.99, or $9.79 for PlayStation Plus Members.

Earth, 2019. A team of US scientists makes a frightening discovery on an island in the South China Sea. A massive alien ship reveals itself and now the US and North Korea must join forces to battle the alien menace.

Killzone 3 Multiplayer

The complete Killzone 3 online experience – enjoy fierce 24-player battles using the latest ISA and Helghast weapons and technology. Utilize the PS3 controller or PS Move to take out your foes during firefights.

Closure

In the dark and mysterious world of Closure, only what you see exists. Manipulate lights to phase objects in and out of reality in this multiple-award-winning puzzle game. Don’t miss out on this unique indie title.

Jurassic Park The Game – Full Season
$13.99, or $9.79 for PlayStation Plus Members.

A cinematic adventure 65 million years in the making! Experience a brand new adventure from Telltale Games, and see new areas and dinosaurs in this landmark game set during the events of the first Jurassic Park movie.

Worms Ultimate Mayhem

Worms Ultimate Mayhem is the definitive 3D Worms game! Load your weapons and experience a new dimension in destructive turn-based cartoon action! If you’ve never played Worms, this game will surely hook you.

The House of the Dead III
$4.89, or $3.42 for PlayStation Plus Members.

Run fast. Shoot faster. Straight from the arcades, this fast-paced shooting game is more realistic than ever with enhanced graphics and PlayStation Move motion controller compatibility. Get your Sharpshooter ready!

Real Steel
$6.99, or 4.89 for PlayStation Plus Members.

A boxing-style fighting game featuring robots as combatants, based on the hit film Real Steel.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
They sell longer ones, I think.
I always check the battery on the remote before I shut the unit off.
If it's low, I leave it on the home screen charging.
I also have it set up to shut off automatically after an hour in standby.
I use my computer to charge it since it's pretty much always on and then I don't have to leave my PS3 on just for that.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I use my computer to charge it since it's pretty much always on and then I don't have to leave my PS3 on just for that.
You can do that? I just ordered a 6 ft long cord from Amazon for $4. Did any of you guys pay the $50 for Plus? How often do they put new games on there? Is it worth it?
Old 06-29-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I dont have Plus but I don't play that much so it wouldn't be worth it for me.

Enjoy the BluRays!

Old 06-29-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
You can do that? I just ordered a 6 ft long cord from Amazon for $4. Did any of you guys pay the $50 for Plus? How often do they put new games on there? Is it worth it?
I just signed up for ps+ and if u ever wanna sign up now is the time to do it and its 50$ for the entire year. They are 12 games now that came out this month all for free and some of them are big name games. In the future they will have like 3 free games a month I think it is. Also you get online saves which is huge if you ever need to buy a new ps3 r something happends to your saves on your ps3. Also you get a ton of 1 hour game trails, price discounts, and some other minor stuff.

Old 06-29-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
You can do that? I just ordered a 6 ft long cord from Amazon for $4.
Ya, just plug it in to any USB and as long as your PC is on and not in sleep mode you should be good to go.

If all four lights are flashing on the controller it's charging and when they stop it's full.

Also EP 2 of The Walking Dead on PS3 has been FAIL all around.

support thread

Last edited by Splat : 06-29-2012 at 03:17 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

WTF Walking Dead

Old 06-29-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Well, looks like they fixed the issue. According to the link you posted, Splat. I'm going to play soon.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Well, looks like they fixed the issue. According to the link you posted, Splat. I'm going to play soon.
Let me know how it goes. I don't want it spoiled, but would like to know if it works now. :)
Old 06-30-2012, 01:53 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Just finished Walking Dead episode 2 and it was worth the wait...
Old 06-30-2012, 07:17 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Yesssss So friggin awesome. The wait for E3 will suck even worse than the last wait.

Old 06-30-2012, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Yesssss So friggin awesome. The wait for E3 will suck even worse than the last wait.
Ya, I felt the choices were harder to make and there was just more tension within the group.

Old 06-30-2012, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Ya, I felt the choices were harder to make and there was just more tension within the group.