Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-07-2013, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Meh I hope it doesn't play like Uncharted. Most overrated franchise this generation, imo.

Old 06-07-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Meh I hope it doesn't play like Uncharted. Most overrated franchise this generation, imo.
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I know that's my opinion. It's why I added "imo".

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I know that's my disagreement with your opinion. That's why I added the gif.
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Old 06-07-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Yeah I know that's my disagreement with your opinion. That's why I added the gif.
Wasn't talking to you, champ.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Was talking to you mate.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:25 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Was talking to you mate.
Well if that's the case, I'm glad you like terrible games!

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:33 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone played any of thse games and if so which should I get? I'm gonna try and hold of on the last of us (i never pay 60$ for non sports games).

Hitman Absolution - Is under 20$

Hitman Trilology HD - I thought If i liked the new one I can always go back to this

Tomb Raider - Uncharted series is my favorite

Tomb Raider triology - see hitman triology

Sports Champions 2 - A lame game but good for parties and kids

Sherlock Holmes - A hard game to find but i like that kind of games
Old 06-12-2013, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Has anyone played any of thse games and if so which should I get? I'm gonna try and hold of on the last of us (i never pay 60$ for non sports games).

Hitman Absolution - Is under 20$

Hitman Trilology HD - I thought If i liked the new one I can always go back to this

Tomb Raider - Uncharted series is my favorite

Tomb Raider triology - see hitman triology

Sports Champions 2 - A lame game but good for parties and kids

Sherlock Holmes - A hard game to find but i like that kind of games
Dude get Tomb Raider. It's every bit as good as Uncharted and I love Uncharted. It's on-sale till the 18th on PSN for $20.24 for PS+ members.

Also Telltale's The Walking Dead season 1 is getting some new DLC. :)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...a-with-bundle/

Quote:
The Walking Dead: 400 Days is a new chapter in the series chronicling the first 400 Days after the outbreak through the eyes of five all-new characters. This special episode will allow you to choose a character and play through each of their stories in any order, which are all centered around a truck stop on a Georgia highway. Some decisions you may have made in Season One will affect moments of 400 Days, and while we donít want to give away too much yet, we will say that your decisions in 400 Days will echo into future installments of the series.

Last edited by Splat : 06-12-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is picking up MGS Legacy Collection. **** looks tight.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
day one. i've been wanting to play back through (and fill in the ones i missed) forever and just never got around to buying them on the store thing. and my psx emulator blows.
Yeah pretty good deal for $50. And great for people that really want to immerse themselves in the franchise, if they shockingly haven't already.

Quote:
Old 06-12-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
agreed. i'm so stoked to play back through one, even if it's not be re-done or hd-ized or whatever. that, HL and the original Doom are by *far* my most memorable gaming moments ever.
I'm playing through the first one right now. Still my favorite in the saga. I stopped for a month since I was out of the country. Almost done though. I forgot that the normal difficulty setting was harder than I remember.

The only major title I don't have is Peace Walker (unless anyone counts Portable Ops?). I was thinking about getting it on the PSP since it's cheap, but maybe I might as well get the Legacy collection. I don't have Metal Gear or Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. I might want to play those old school games down the road...even if I could just emulate them now and days.

Quote:
Old 06-12-2013, 10:44 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NCAA demo is set to release next Tue the 18th reports from E3 . Can't wait.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:50 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Yeah pretty good deal for $50. And great for people that really want to immerse themselves in the franchise, if they shockingly haven't already.
PS3 was my first foray into the Sony consoles so that would be me. I think I might have to check it out.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:51 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
NCAA demo is set to release next Tue the 18th reports from E3 . Can't wait.
Meh. I'm pretty much done with EA sports games. I want to love them but they just do stupid stuff every time they develop a "new" game.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:18 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well if that's the case, I'm glad you like terrible games!

I don't like you anymore...

If I had to guess, Last of Us gameplay will probably be something like a mix between Uncharted and Resident Evil game play. I don't think there will be as much running/dicking around as in Uncharted, but it won't be as limited as the lastest Resident Evils.

Reading some reviews, it sounds like you will have to rummage through rooms, cabinets, drawers, etc. to find things to make and use. They make it sound sort of like Dead Island where you have to create weapons by using a piece of wood, tape, and a blade to create a shank. If so, I'm going to love this game.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post

I don't like you anymore...

If I had to guess, Last of Us gameplay will probably be something like a mix between Uncharted and Resident Evil game play. I don't think there will be as much running/dicking around as in Uncharted, but it won't be as limited as the lastest Resident Evils.

Reading some reviews, it sounds like you will have to rummage through rooms, cabinets, drawers, etc. to find things to make and use. They make it sound sort of like Dead Island where you have to create weapons by using a piece of wood, tape, and a blade to create a shank. If so, I'm going to love this game.
I think it's going to have more of an open world feel. Not on the level of say GTA or RDR but more freedom then the Uncharted games. Will find out tomorrow.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Sorry if I missed it while being labeled a massive liar in the e3 thread with Ness but is there a list of available titles on launch day?
Old 06-13-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Dude get Tomb Raider. It's every bit as good as Uncharted and I love Uncharted. It's on-sale till the 18th on PSN for $20.24 for PS+ members.

Also Telltale's The Walking Dead season 1 is getting some new DLC. :)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...a-with-bundle/
If its even half as good as uncharted It will be well worth the 20$ I will have to pick it up as I didnt know it was one sale.

cant wait for the walking dead stuff
Old 06-13-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
If its even half as good as uncharted It will be well worth the 20$ I will have to pick it up as I didnt know it was one sale.

cant wait for the walking dead stuff
The story and characters (Outside of Lara Croft) were not quite on Uncharted's level IMO but the game play is terrific.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The story and characters (Outside of Lara Croft) were not quite on Uncharted's level IMO but the game play is terrific.
Just that its close to uncharted level is all i really need to know and I've heard that from others as well. Have you played the triology thats out for ps3 now?

I just got beat far cry 3 and it was a good all around game with story,gameplay, length and had no complaints from it. I still have a ton of side stuff to do but I may not go back to it. I would still put it behind sleeping dogs
Old 06-13-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Just that its close to uncharted level is all i really need to know and I've heard that from others as well. Have you played the triology thats out for ps3 now?
No.

Some people felt the new one was too much like Uncharted in terms of action and not enough focus on puzzles and what not. I love Uncharted and hate puzzles so it didn't bother me one bit.

My only real complaint was it's too short.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
No.

Some people felt the new one was too much like Uncharted in terms of action and not enough focus on puzzles and what not. I love Uncharted and hate puzzles so it didn't bother me one bit.

My only real complaint was it's too short.
Im with you if the others are more about puzzles then I will pass as I didnt like them. I also just ended up looking at the guide and cheating on the puzzels anyway.

How long was the game?
Old 06-13-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Im with you if the others are more about puzzles then I will pass as I didnt like them. I also just ended up looking at the guide and cheating on the puzzels anyway.

How long was the game?
I think it took me about 15 hours but I did everything there was to do. The story alone is probably closer to 12 or 13 hours.

I really wish there was a New Game Plus mode since you upgrade weapons and what not. It would have been perfect. The fully upgraded Bow was just awesome.

That said you can roam the Island after you finish the story and complete anything you missed.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:04 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I just got beat far cry 3 and it was a good all around game with story,gameplay, length and had no complaints from it. I still have a ton of side stuff to do but I may not go back to it. I would still put it behind sleeping dogs
I'm probably 50% or a little more with Far Cry 3 right now, haven't played in like 2 weeks though. I spent pretty much my entire first couple weeks just hunting to make better **** and liberating camps. There's just such a large map, that I dick around for like 3 hours, do one main mission and then I'm done for the day. I've crafted pretty much everything now, so I'll have to start the main story missions again soon.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote