Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-15-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i will never understand trophies and 'achievements' and whatnot in games.
It could add some replay value to the game.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I never got a chance to play NFL 2K, but wasn't it surpassing Madden in terms of playability when EA negotiated the exclusive contract?
I thought 2k5 was superior to that year's Madden so to answer your question, I would say yes.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Last of Us is one of the best games I have ever played. I loved the Uncharted series but I am blown away by how good this game is. It is amazing that a video game can illicit emotional responses the way this game does. I think it would have made a great movie but not only to I get to watch amazing cut scenes, the gameplay is amazing too.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:54 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
The Last of Us is one of the best games I have ever played. I loved the Uncharted series but I am blown away by how good this game is. It is amazing that a video game can illicit emotional responses the way this game does. I think it would have made a great movie but not only to I get to watch amazing cut scenes, the gameplay is amazing too.
Pretty much this. I'm about 4-5 hours in and loving every second of it, the game sucks you into the feeling of despair unlike anything I've played before. Supplies are limited so you really have to get creative with taking on/getting past groups of enemies.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I absolutely love Ellie. The relationship between Joel and Ellie and their acting/voice work is just awesome.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're going to eventually have to put this game on PS4.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Picking up The Last of Us today because it looked incredible and you guys hyping it has done nothing but make me want it more.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:04 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does the Last of Us have any kind of Co op gameplay ?
Old 06-16-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate all of you. T-Minus 2 months and a few days before I can play Last of Us.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Does the Last of Us have any kind of Co op gameplay ?
It has online play but it's pretty much just team death match. There is a little bit more too it then that but I only played a match or two.

Not that I really care. I didn't buy it to play online and feel online play is not needed in these kinda games anyways.

I think I'm getting towards the end. I haven't been able to put this game down. I'm so glad it has New Game Plus mode!

Last edited by Splat : 06-16-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was more talking about campaign mode for co op story mode. I wish more new games had that option. Would be fun to let the gf enjoy some of these games. But oh well.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I was more talking about campaign mode for co op story mode. I wish more new games had that option. Would be fun to let the gf enjoy some of these games. But oh well.
Co-Op is the **** but it wouldn't have really made sense at all. The game is essentially a playable movie so even watching it I think would be entertaining and normally I am not one to watch video games being played. I damn well would watch this one though.

I feel I am close to beating the game but I don't want too. I don't want it to end. One sequence I loved was getting to a town with a sniper trying to pick me off. I had to work my way through some people, beat the **** out of and murder them, flank the sniper, take him out, and then I took control of the sniper rifle and felt like such a badass killing wave after wave of people, rarely missing. The cut scene after that was emotional as hell and really a thing of beauty.

I played a couple games of multiplayer last night. Nothing special but I had some fun. I like that it was included. Clearly it didn't take away from the story and it gives the game more longevity.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Co-Op is the **** but it wouldn't have really made sense at all.
Agreed. I like Co-op in story mode in games but not for this one. I think it would suck you out of the experience.

I finished it and all ready know I'm starting it again tomorrow using New Game Plus mode.

It had the best acting/voice work of any game I have ever played. It's easily the early favorite for Game of the Year.

I'm really curious what the SP DLC will bring to the table.

Last edited by Splat : 06-16-2013 at 09:01 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:44 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All I want to do is be home playing this game. I just got to the capital building.

Not far in but the Girlfriend is actually interested in watching me play so I can't just sit down and power game like I normally would.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:00 PM    (permalink
BucSquad
Veteran

BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BucSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:31 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/...ike_the_plague

PS3 Firmware Update v4.45 May Brick Your Machine, Avoid Like the Plague!

Quote:
While new firmware updates for the PlayStation 3 are occassionally a source of excitement, v4.45 is proving to be nothing but a headache. The stability refresh which launched overnight – and has since been pulled – has caused a gaggle of console owners some serious problems, resulting in their systems failing to boot. Sony’s said that it’s “investigating the issue”.

Again, the update has been pulled at the time of typing – but if you do happen to see a notification telling you to refresh your system’s software, we’re going to advise that you steer clear until Sony offers some more information.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:56 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am going to avoid buying TLOU and Beyond: Two Souls for as long as possible. My life seems better overall when I'm not obsessing over a video game. Also GTA5 and Watch_Dogs. Dammit.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Honestly... you don't know what you are missing.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm stuck on Where to pre order from. I want to from gamestop so I can trade in my 360 with all my stuff but Amazon has really good deals too.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
I'm stuck on Where to pre order from. I want to from gamestop so I can trade in my 360 with all my stuff but Amazon has really good deals too.
I thought Gamestop would pay cash for your "trade-ins". The last time I unloaded a large number of games (granted this was a few years ago) they weren't offering any more in store credit than they did cash.

And IBC you're right I don't know, and that is probably why I've been able to not buy it and play it obsessively.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I thought Gamestop would pay cash for your "trade-ins". The last time I unloaded a large number of games (granted this was a few years ago) they weren't offering any more in store credit than they did cash.

And IBC you're right I don't know, and that is probably why I've been able to not buy it and play it obsessively.
When I traded in my first 360 they gave me more money for store credit (maybe because I'm a rewards member?) Either way with gamestop I'd be getting at least 150 off.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Its so worth it.

I kept saying I was going to stop last night. Oh let me find this thing and then ill stop. Oh **** infected... let me get safe. Oh look a safe point, let me explore the area.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
When I traded in my first 360 they gave me more money for store credit (maybe because I'm a rewards member?) Either way with gamestop I'd be getting at least 150 off.
I think they give you 10% more for Store Credit and then another 5-10% if you are a rewards member.

Or at least thats how it used to be.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Its so worth it.

I kept saying I was going to stop last night. Oh let me find this thing and then ill stop. Oh **** infected... let me get safe. Oh look a safe point, let me explore the area.
Tell me about it. I'm all ready in the middle of my a second playthrough. I'm going to try and put it down after I finish it again in till the SP DLC comes out. Try being the key word.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

I just pre ordered my PS4 at gamestop and also BF4 and watchdogs. Can November get here?