Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-28-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i dunno xio, i dug assassin's creed. except for the ending. they can go **** themselves for the ending. although i'll probably still buy the second one.

is there a good, reliable site for reviews? rumor's had it that ign or one of the other ones hates playstation, and a few of these other review places seem fairly inconsistant. just curious if there's a site any of you use and swear by.
Gamespot is harsh on all systems so if a game gets a high rating it's a damn good game.
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I have the same exact dilemma. I'm leaning towards a PS3 b/c I'm more familiar and used to the controllers and such, and I don't want to buy new games for XBox360 and controllers and all that jazz, but if there's that big a difference between the 2, I may go with 360
If you plan on watching any high def media the ps3 has blue ray built in, whereas hd dvd will be an extra charge.

The ps3 has built in wireless networking whereas the 360 needs the 100 dollar dongle from microsoft or a network bridge. So you are setup there, also both machines support streaming video from the pc, which means you can download, or possibly watch video off of the web.

It seems that the xbox supports a little bit more in that area for now, also the ps3 has built in charging for the controllers, whereas you have to pay extra for that capability with the 360. I think the ps3 has the bigger hard drive also.

I think the ps3 is a great value. The ps3 seems like a better option since you can use it for blu ray, browse the internet, and also stream video.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

an underrated thing about the PS3 is the sixaxis controller... games are eventually going to use the full capability of the controller and you will have an effect similar to the Wii... also, the one with a rumble pack comes out in a month or two.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
CannedToast
Rookie

CannedToast hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
is there a good, reliable site for reviews? rumor's had it that ign or one of the other ones hates playstation.
IGN doesn't "hate" on the playstation. Assassin's Creed got .5 lower on IGN, and that was somewhat controversial, because they couldn't decide if framerate was worse on the PS3 or 360. Other than that they haven't ever "hated" on the PS3.

Although, IGN UK, AU, and regular IGN give very very very different reviews.

In general, IGN has sucked for reviews lately, no matter what console you have. Just use metacritic. http://www.metacritic.com/

It compiles and averages all the reviews.
CannedToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
CannedToast
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Jr View Post
browse the internet
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHA

What a waste of my time.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannedToast View Post
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHA

What a waste of my time.
But who cares about you right?
Old 12-28-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
CannedToast
Rookie

Quote:
But who cares about you right?
Please don't tell me you actually find the PS3's browser to be a solid product? Seriously?

I almost prefer my phone's internet browser. The PS3 has lots of good features but dear god, don't bring up the gimped out browser. I'd bring up Blu Ray, Home (even though Home doesn't seem that enjoyable to me, it is still pretty popular), or exclusive games. But the browser?
Old 12-28-2007, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
haven't tried, but i can run music off my media server easily. (winamp remote is a really easy way to set that up).

not a clue. usually tech support's a bit better for that kind of thing.
Gamespot is the one that hates the PS3

Sig by yours truly.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow...I knew I really wanted Heavy Rain...simply for the fact that it was being made by Quantic Dream but, now that they've been meeting w/ A-List celebrities to star in the game...I really, really, really want it. This game is going to be amazing and I have no idea what the hell it's about. haha. I really want it, though.

They've had meetings w/ Leonardo Dicaprio and several other A-list stars.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Quote:
Please don't tell me you actually find the PS3's browser to be a solid product? Seriously?

I almost prefer my phone's internet browser. The PS3 has lots of good features but dear god, don't bring up the gimped out browser. I'd bring up Blu Ray, Home (even though Home doesn't seem that enjoyable to me, it is still pretty popular), or exclusive games. But the browser?
I was just joking though seriously.

Also, from my post

Quote:
If you plan on watching any high def media the ps3 has blue ray built in, whereas hd dvd will be an extra charge.
You are right though about the exclusive games but that shouldn't influence anyone's decision IMO. Most people know the exclusives already but if they don't here's a list.

http://news.filefront.com/ps3-exclusives-the-full-list/
Old 12-28-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love my 360 but, I'm def. going to need one of these things for Heavy Rain and God of War 3.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 01:28 AM    (permalink
CannedToast
Rookie

Quote:
You are right though about the exclusive games but that shouldn't influence anyone's decision IMO. Most people know the exclusives already but if they don't here's a list.

http://news.filefront.com/ps3-exclusives-the-full-list/
Exclusives are the only thing people should be basing their decisions on.

You should get the console that has the games you like.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:39 AM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

K so i am loving my PS3.. i didnt even notice that the football games run on 30fps instead of 60.... doesnt really bother me at all! and hey with that stupid moto storm you get with teh 80gig system.. do you have to unloack multiplayer.. i cant find it and its pissing me off!

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Quote:
Exclusives are the only thing people should be basing their decisions on.

You should get the console that has the games you like.
I disagree, doesn't mean either of us is wrong but I just disagree.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
CannedToast
Rookie

Quote:
I disagree, doesn't mean either of us is wrong but I just disagree.
You disagree?

Why the hell would you buy a GAMING CONSOLE for something other than GAMES? If you want to watch Blu Ray or HDDVD movies, buy a freaking stand alone player, which is a much higher quality player. If you want to browse the internet or go on MSN, use a PC.

Game consoles are meant to play games. They may have some other features, but the main point of them is to play games. If you're buying a gaming system for any other reason you're an idiot who likes overpaying for inferior products.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Quote:
You disagree?

Why the hell would you buy a GAMING CONSOLE for something other than GAMES? If you want to watch Blu Ray or HDDVD movies, buy a freaking stand alone player, which is a much higher quality player. If you want to browse the internet or go on MSN, use a PC.

Game consoles are meant to play games. They may have some other features, but the main point of them is to play games. If you're buying a gaming system for any other reason you're an idiot who likes overpaying for inferior products.
PS3 is the highest quality Blu Ray player out there at this point.

IMO what people should base their decision on is what system offers the most for the cheapest. PS3 does that. But, if the 360 has the games they like then they should go with that.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
You disagree?

PS3 isnt just a gaming console, its an ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM.

Sig by yours truly.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
If you want to watch Blu Ray or HDDVD movies, buy a freaking stand alone player, which is a much higher quality player.
The PS3 is the best blu-ray player on the market period.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with frogstomp. You buy the system for the games. While there were many factors in my decision, games was BY FAR the #1 reason I chose PS3 over the 360. I loved the built in blu-ray player and familiarity of the system, if games such as Metal Gear Solid 4 and Final Fantasy XIII were not available for PS3, I'd probably have an 360 right now.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
I agree with frogstomp. You buy the system for the games. While there were many factors in my decision, games was BY FAR the #1 reason I chose PS3 over the 360. I loved the built in blu-ray player and familiarity of the system, if games such as Metal Gear Solid 4 and Final Fantasy XIII were not available for PS3, I'd probably have an 360 right now.
I was always going to buy my PS3 strictly for God of War 3. But I was going to wait for it to be released first. But the more I heard about it (built in Blu Ray, etc) I realized I could use it for many things before the game comes out.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hey packman, how'd you like getting owned in CoD4? (me->MPB) :D

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Oh man I suck. I have a total of 5 hours logged online and I get my ass handed to me. I love it but I suck.

I'm addicted to domination.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:43 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so I just beat Drake's Fortune yesterday, took me about 9 hours...loved the game, reminded me a lot of Resident Evil (I love RE) except with treasure hunting...had a sweet storyline and some cool twists, kinda hoping they make another one (I really think they will)

about to start playing COD4, so once I get the hang of it I'll be going online like everyday since I'm on break for the next 3 weeks
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:45 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get Unreal Tournament 3.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:05 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone know if a ps2 headset works on the 40 GB ps3? also how much is a ps2 headset?