Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-30-2008, 09:27 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Jr View Post
I know a guy who loves it over Uncharted which is my second favorite game ever after God of War (The series).

He says he's on his 2nd run through.
yea I loved uncharted, but I beat it like as soon as I got it...I've never played the series so I'm thinking about maybe renting the game when I have time, which is like never, and seeing how I like it...thanks

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

Download the demo in the PS Store.
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/847/847979p1.html

The PS3 Mystery

January 28, 2008 - When it comes to purchasing a PS3, consumers have been presented with two choices recently. The 40GB system did not feature backwards compatibility, did not have memory card readers and had only two USB ports, amongst other missing features. The 80GB system, on the other hand, had software backwards compatibility and was bundled with Motorstorm. The 80GB system also served as a replacement to the discontinued 60GB model, which was phased out last summer. But now it appears that the new 80GB model could be phased out as well. According to a rumor floating around the Internet, Best Buy has been internally circulating a memo to its stores stating that the 80GB version of the system "is going closeout and won't be replaced at this time."

The memo goes on to state that only the 40GB version of the PS3 will be sold in stores -- this would mean that Best Buy wouldn't be selling a version of the console that's PS2 compatible. This seems to be verified by Bestbuy.com, which displays only the 40GB model on the site for sale. We contacted Best Buy's corporate communications office directly, and were told that regarding the memo, "Best Buy can't comment on the rumor going around."

While it appears that Best Buy might not be stocking the system, it seems as though other retailers are still selling the 80GB system. Target, Wal-Mart and Toys R Us all list the 80GB system on their websites, indicating that the system is still apparently in stock. Gamestop also has no indication of dropping the 80GB PS3 either; the system is listed on their site as well. A couple of calls around the Bay Area confirmed as much the system is still listed in store inventory databases and managers have received no information indicating that will change any time soon.

What does this mean for Sony's strategy regarding the future of the 80GB PS3? According to the last line of the Best Buy memo, "At this time, Sony hasn't made any announcements about new products." When we spoke to a SCEA representative about the memo, we were told that, "SCEA does not comment on rumor or speculation."

As soon as any further details are released about the 80GB PS3, we'll let you know.
LWMD to add to that.

Quote:
by: Paul Bertram

Last week various reports/denials from Sony came in concerning the supposed demise of the 80GB PS3 model. It began with a leaked memo from Best Buy stating that the particular SKU would be phased out, then followed with the mysterious removal of the 80GB PS3 from Best Buy's website. However, new evidence has come in further confirming the what now seems like inevitable discontinuation of the 80GB SKU.

A GameStop conference call was held today, which supposedly explained that the system was no longer being produced, in favor of a 120 GB or more model bundled with the Dual Shock 3 controller. There's no official date for when this enhanced model will be ready for purchase, or the price, for that matter, but it should be relatively soon. GDC is just a few short weeks away, so at the latest, it should turn up by then.

Sony, of course, offered no comment regarding the GameStop confirmation. We'll just have to wait for Sony to officially announce something.
http://ps3.kombo.com/article.php?artid=6107
Old 01-30-2008, 09:50 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Jr View Post
Download the demo in the PS Store.
yea I've been wanting to DL some demos since I got back to school, but my internet is really choppy because we just set it up last week, so I have to wait til we get it fixed

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 01-30-2008, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

R&C, from the demo I played is a great great game.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 05:02 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Killzone 2 is supposed to blow by the record for most expensive video game ever...passing former record holder and one of my all-time favorite games, Shenmue. I've never been a fan of Killzone...well I've never played it but, anyway...I really want to see how this thing is gonna look. Sparing no expense at all.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Ive been playin CODuuuu 4 for awhile now. We gotta set a time for this week to play together.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

FYI R&C is fun as hell. Definitely a must buy.
Old 02-02-2008, 03:22 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
So Killzone 2 is supposed to blow by the record for most expensive video game ever...passing former record holder and one of my all-time favorite games, Shenmue. I've never been a fan of Killzone...well I've never played it but, anyway...I really want to see how this thing is gonna look. Sparing no expense at all.
WHAT?! how much was the Shenmue game? and what do you get in the Killzone 2 package thats making it priced so high?
Old 02-02-2008, 06:36 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
WHAT?! how much was the Shenmue game? and what do you get in the Killzone 2 package thats making it priced so high?
nah...I meant cost to make the game...it will still cost like $60.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-07-2008, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/new...hp?story=17291

Twisted Metal coming to PS3.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:36 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

so I've downloaded some demos this week...

Ratchet and Clank is real fun, but it's limited so I couldn't really experience everything

Area 51: Blacksite is kinda a cross between COD4 and Halo/Resistance, basically COD4 with aliens and a little less realistic

Turok is awesome...fun and more adventuristic than the original, good graphis, I really wanna buy it

Conflict: Denied Ops had limited gameplay, but wasn't that great...it's not as good a FPS as COD4, Turok, Resistance, etc...seems more like a game than realistic like the others

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 02-07-2008, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Im goin to play COD4 right now, my PSNID is Jambulous for those that dont know.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
Im goin to play COD4 right now, my PSNID is Jambulous for those that dont know.
just incase you were unaware. there is another one of you now. same name just no spaces.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:10 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive been playing Cod4 a lot too. My PSNID is TruGorilla. So add me if you want.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

I'm so pissed off I just got to the Pirate Boss on R&C and I turned it on last night and it said I have Corrupt Data and I have to start over. I'm so ******* pissed.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Patriots16-0
Veteran

Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0

Hey guys, I'll create a PSP Discussion Thread. Just to let you know.

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union
Patriots16-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 02:33 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will pwn you guys on COD4 and who here is getting MLB 08?
Old 02-10-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

The Heavy Rain screens look crazy...graphics are going to be insane.

http://www.totalvideogames.com/scree...Rain_77297.jpg

http://www.totalvideogames.com/scree...Rain_77298.jpg

I cant wait for this game.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-10-2008, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well.... no doubt ps3>360

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

meh...they both have their pluses...I really dont need a PS3 until Heavy Rain or God of War 3 comes out. I love Xbox's upcoming lineup of games.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-10-2008, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
I will pwn you guys on COD4 and who here is getting MLB 08?
No and yes. I'm level 50 now but I'm always 1st or 2nd on my team is kills. And I can't wait for MLB 2k8.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:10 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bring back the MVP series!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
Bring back the MVP series!!
I would agree with you since that was the best baseball game ever but the 2k series specially 2k7 was very similar to that with better graphics etc. And 2k8 seems like it'll be even better.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Added. I sent the request.