Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-10-2008, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MLB 08: The Show > MLB 2k8

Also, Rainbow Six Vegas 2 looks awesome.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:20 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

*Sigh* I don't know if I will ever buy another baseball game unless MVP makes a comeback.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:26 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
*Sigh* I don't know if I will ever buy another baseball game unless MVP makes a comeback.
I know I haven't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

I'm going buy RB6V this weekend.
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I dont think Home is ever gonna come out.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
Road to the Show is very fun on the Show. It compares nothing to the greatness of MVP, but is fun in it's own right.

Old 02-11-2008, 01:00 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2K7 was better than the Show, imo. Still couldnt touch MVP, though. :( Game still has a lot of problems...and we need deep minor league teams, that need to be playable.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Has anyone played "The Bigs", it was supposed to be an acrady like baseball game. I havent played it so can anyone shed some light?
Old 02-11-2008, 01:13 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course MVP was better than 2K and 2K was just as good as Madden USED TO BE...

Sigh, damn licensing.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:20 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
Has anyone played "The Bigs", it was supposed to be an acrady like baseball game. I havent played it so can anyone shed some light?
played it on Nintendo wii. It was ok, probably better on consoles.
and I regret to inform you all that I am chosing XBox 360 as my console of preference, because:
1. Social - Friends have it.
2. Games - Huge Halo fan, and nothing on the PS3 "Wows" me
3. Controller - Biggest one. I couldnt do the Sony controller thing. The 360 one IMO is more comfortable and familar to someone who played XBox 1 a lot.
4. I don't fear the RROD. if it happens it happens. I got a Nintendo Wii, so it will fill in the spaces.
So yeah, speak now against the 360 or I will not listen to any other convincing before buying it in about 3 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
played it on Nintendo wii. It was ok, probably better on consoles.
and I regret to inform you all that I am chosing XBox 360 as my console of preference, because:
1. Social - Friends have it.
2. Games - Huge Halo fan, and nothing on the PS3 "Wows" me
3. Controller - Biggest one. I couldnt do the Sony controller thing. The 360 one IMO is more comfortable and familar to someone who played XBox 1 a lot.
4. I don't fear the RROD. if it happens it happens. I got a Nintendo Wii, so it will fill in the spaces.
So yeah, speak now against the 360 or I will not listen to any other convincing before buying it in about 3 weeks.
Think of the near future as in a few months. All my friends had 360s but in January I decided to go PS3 knoing that their 08 lineup and everything it had to offer would blow 360s 07 out of the water. Im so glad I went with PS3 because now all my friends who had 360s are trading them in and getting PS3s slowly but surely.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:39 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
Think of the near future as in a few months. All my friends had 360s but in January I decided to go PS3 knoing that their 08 lineup and everything it had to offer would blow 360s 07 out of the water. Im so glad I went with PS3 because now all my friends who had 360s are trading them in and getting PS3s slowly but surely.
I dont think so. I used to live in WA, and Microsoft was huge there. So my friends all made the same decision. Couple of my friends live on HALO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

the demo for MLB 08: The Show was very fun...

Old 02-17-2008, 01:38 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 04:56 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some interesting updates from Playstation magazine(formerly PSM).

-Soulcalibur 4, which is a game I'm ridiculously excited about, is slated for a June release. Like Soulcalibur 2, Namco is including exclusive characters from other things in the game. This years is Star Wars characters. PS3 will be getting Darth Vader as an exclusive character, and 360 will be getting Yoda. The developers also said there may be more Star Wars characters as hidden characters, and Yoda may be a downloadable character for PS3 down the road. No word on how they'll work Vader into the storyline, or how a lightsaber wouldn't just chop through regular weapons, but they've promised it will all tie together.

-Far Cry 2 looks amazing. The graphics are supposedly out of this world, and the screen shots I've seen look excellent. The gameplay mechanics sound like they could be very intersting as well. Supposedly it will available in late 2008.

-Apparently there's a Highlander game and the Bourne Conspiracy game coming to PS3. These are games that could be great, or could be terrible IMO.

Quote:

Old 02-23-2008, 05:23 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Some release dates(or general release dates) per Playstation Magazine.

The Agency-Q4-Console exclusive MMO spy shooter from the folks behind Everquest.
http://theagency.station.sony.com/

Alone in the Dark-Q2-Unlit Solitude makes a comeback in this survival horror franchise revival.
http://www.centraldark.com/

Army of Two-March 4th-Another coat of polish awaits before EA's co-op shooter ships this spring.

Borderlands-Q4-Mad Max inspired FPS with RPG elements promises nearly endless weapon variety.
http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/home.htm

Dark Sector-March 25th-Gears of War meets a spinning glaive in this Unreal Engine 3- powered action/shooter.
http://www.darksector.com

Dead Space-Q4-Survival horror on an alien controlled mining ship in an original sci-fi IP from EA.
http://www.ea.com/deadspace/home.jsp

I'll do some more later. Any requests in the A-D section, let me know.

Quote:

Last edited by ironman4579 : 02-23-2008 at 06:34 PM.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:27 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Some more release times

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars-Q2-Team based multiplayer shooter heads to home consoles with 16 player support.
http://www.quakewars.com/

Fallout 3-Q4-Post apocalyptic RPG picks up a significant makeover from the Elder Scrolls devs.
http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/home/home.php

Final Fantasy 13-Q4-Do I even need to say anything?

Frontlines: Fuel of War-May 5th-Dystopian energy struggle sets the stage for this futuristic FPS.
http://www.frontlines.com/

Gran Turismo 5-Q4-Again, what needs to be said here?
http://www.gran-turismo.com

Grand Theft Auto 4-April-Another one we all know about
http://www.rockstargames.com/IV

Haze-March 18th-Delayed FPS from Timesplitters team finally headed out this spring.
http://www.hazegame.com

Heavy Rain-Q3 or 4-E3 '06 tech demo transforms into mystery adventure expected later this year.

More later

Quote:

Old 02-23-2008, 06:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heavy Rain is going to change the video game world...cant wait.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 07:09 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

A few more

inFamous-Q4-Dark new IP from Sly Cooper team looks to be a superhero sandbox adventure.

Killzone 2-Q4-A multiplayer beta will give Guerrilla Games and SCEA an opportunity to convince the masses before the retail launch-or at least figure out what needs to be addressed.
http://www.killzone.com/killzone/ind...=1203811451866

The Last Remnant-Q2-Massive battles highlight this original RPG, which is slated for a worldwide release.

Metal Gear Solid 4:Guns of the Patriots-Q2-We all know this one. Who can wait?
http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/mgs4/en/

Mirror's Edge-Q4-Battlefield dev looks to redefine first person action/adventure in a utopian future.

Quote:

Old 02-24-2008, 01:51 AM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Well i got my system back and fi gured out how to do the rosters.. just took a b it of pla ying around with some things but i got it.

Im thinking of picking up College Hoops2K8 next payday... any one here played it? if so is it good?

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 01:54 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
Well i got my system back and fi gured out how to do the rosters.. just took a b it of pla ying around with some things but i got it.

Im thinking of picking up College Hoops2K8 next payday... any one here played it? if so is it good?
download the demo in the ps store.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't have a PS3 yet, but most definitely be getting this bundle when it comes out.

http://kotaku.com/360996/metal-gear-...ndle-announced

Quote:
It's happened. The bundle we've all been waiting for will indeed be coming to store shelves. Sony is releasing a PlayStation 3 bundle for the release of Metal Gear Solid 4. It will include an 80GB system, the game and one Dual Shock 3 controller for $499. We assume that this bundle will hit June 12th alongside Metal Gear Solid 4.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does it come with the guy on the PS3? It looks pretty dang sweet.

In other news whose PS3 is a dust collecter most of them are pretty good at that.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 04:43 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bah.. I'd love to take that bundle, but I don't want to wait until June to get a PS3.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Some more release dates. Not much new stuff between N and P

Rainy Woods-TBA(Q4?)-Ready for a trippy take on the survival horror genre? Marvelous hopes so.
http://www.mmv.co.jp/special/game/rainywoods/

Resistance: Fall of Man 2-Q4-Not much is known about this game.

Rogue Warrior-Q4-Realistic, squad based shooter with a modern campaign in Korea.

Saboteur-Q4-Take down the Nazi's via sabotage in this highly stylized stealth/action title.
http://www.saboteurthegame.com/

Shellshock 2-Q4-Sequel to 2004 shooter Shellshock: 'Nam 67 announced for 2008 release.

Soulcalibur 4-June-Online play headlines the highly anticipated weapons based fighter.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed-April 8th-Abuse the Force this spring as a Sith apprentice in a new Star Wars entry.
http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/#

EDIT:The Star Wars game actually sounds and looks pretty bad ass, especially if you're into Star Wars at all.

Quote:

Last edited by ironman4579 : 02-28-2008 at 11:19 PM.