Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-28-2008, 09:46 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Whoa, that is sick.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 02:24 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A few more release dates

To End All Wars-Q4-Jump back to the original World War for an Unreal Engine 3 powered FPS.

Tom Clancy's EndWar-April-Voice commands transform the console RTS in a World War 3 setting.
http://endwargame.us.ubi.com/

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2-March 11th-Sin City tactical shooter is back for round two, now with a user created protagonist.
http://rainbowsixgame.uk.ubi.com/home.php

Two Worlds: The Temptation-Q3-Expansion to Oblivion-esque RPG to hit "consoles" later this year.
http://www.2-worlds.com/#

Valkyrie of the Battlefield: Gallian Chronicles-Q3-Sega's stunning cel-shaded tactical RPG ia a Playstation 3 exclusive.
http://valkyria.jp/

White Knight Chronicles-Q4-Level-5? RPG? We don't know much about the premise, but we're interested!

EDIT: Tom Clancy's Endwar still look's sick, and I can't wait for it to come out. And for the Two Worlds thing, I thought it wasn't even out for PS3 yet. So how can they have an expansion pack coming out for PS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:34 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/videogames.yah...ailure/1192354

I would just like to express my love for my PS3 at this time
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 01:47 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
http://us.i1.yimg.com/videogames.yah...ailure/1192354

I would just like to express my love for my PS3 at this time

O man not again!

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 05:26 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post

O man not again!
Nooooo dont show me that, Ive been hearing about that alot lately...Ive been playing my 360 sparingly, some days I dont play it at all and when I do I get in a few games and shut it down, I dont play it hours on end and I dont leave it running while im doing something else, also been wiping it down every few days to get the dust off from going inside the console...Im not sure why their doing that but my guess is they overheat easy, so Ive been praying im not one of the unlucky ones...

I have no warranty either, so im guessing ill trade it in for a ps3 and pay the difference, or grab the 360(black) elite, since usually the 2nd wave of shipments have the kinks worked out...

*edit*

just read that link, that helps some...I still want both consoles though, i like sports games on 360 but adventure/action games are better on ps3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 03-09-2008 at 05:31 PM.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The MLB 2k8 player ratings are pretty terrible. CC Sabathia not even in the top 5. I believe Halladay and Zambrano are better, and Peavy is only a 93. Andruw Jones being a 90 is also very stupid, as is Han-Ram's low 80. But after you adjust all those, and put most in game new features to classic. The game is amazing. Much better gameplay than The Show, and franchise modes seem to be closer than last year.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:24 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
The MLB 2k8 player ratings are pretty terrible. CC Sabathia not even in the top 5. I believe Halladay and Zambrano are better, and Peavy is only a 93. Andruw Jones being a 90 is also very stupid, as is Han-Ram's low 80. But after you adjust all those, and put most in game new features to classic. The game is amazing. Much better gameplay than The Show, and franchise modes seem to be closer than last year.
I really don't like when games mess up ratings like you said, but I downloaded the demo for The Show and was very unimpressed, didn't really like the gameplay at all, does 2k8 have swinging with the right joystick or is it like X and O like the show?
Old 03-09-2008, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really don't like when games mess up ratings like you said, but I downloaded the demo for The Show and was very unimpressed, didn't really like the gameplay at all, does 2k8 have swinging with the right joystick or is it like X and O like the show?
Yeah they have a swing stick 2.0 which doesn't work at all. It says if you pull back and release it for a "contact hit" but it works 1/20 times. However you can change it to just the regular swing stick which actually works and does have the contact vs power swings. You can also change it to the X button or even the sixaxis feature like last year. But for me, I had to make all these adjustments before I really liked it. My first impression was a bad one but just play around with all the options and it'll be perfect.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.

Soooo, who is waiting for God of War 3?

Sig by yours truly.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
Soooo, who is waiting for God of War 3?
I am...but, it's going to be a long wait.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 12:25 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I downloaded MLB: The Show demo last week and I didn't like it. I'm currently downloading MLB 2K8, hoping it's going to be a lot better.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I downloaded MLB: The Show demo last week and I didn't like it. I'm currently downloading MLB 2K8, hoping it's going to be a lot better.
I enjoyed it greatly and ill be buying it tomorrow.

If you didnt like the Show dont even bother DLing 2k8.

Sig by yours truly.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:32 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Nooooo dont show me that, Ive been hearing about that alot lately...Ive been playing my 360 sparingly, some days I dont play it at all and when I do I get in a few games and shut it down, I dont play it hours on end and I dont leave it running while im doing something else, also been wiping it down every few days to get the dust off from going inside the console...Im not sure why their doing that but my guess is they overheat easy, so Ive been praying im not one of the unlucky ones...
Calm down bud....I play 360 hours on end, I leave it running overnight by mistake quite often and I haven't wiped mine down once. I've got the red ring twice and each time I turned my XBOX off and on again and it was fine. I guess I'm lucky or invincible, but really I don't see how you can control the RROD. You either got it or you don't...

LOL, I just had a good laugh reading this thread. You fanboys must really enjoy your amazingly mediocre selection of games for your lovely PS3s. I don't even see the point of owning a PS3 until MGS4 comes out....unless you really want Blu Ray.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by etk : 03-14-2008 at 12:34 AM.
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Calm down bud....I play 360 hours on end, I leave it running overnight by mistake quite often and I haven't wiped mine down once. I've got the red ring twice and each time I turned my XBOX off and on again and it was fine. I guess I'm lucky or invincible, but really I don't see how you can control the RROD. You either got it or you don't...

LOL, I just had a good laugh reading this thread. You fanboys must really enjoy your amazingly mediocre selection of games for your lovely PS3s. I don't even see the point of owning a PS3 until MGS4 comes out....unless you really want Blu Ray.
LOL i just good laugh out of a Troll that seems to be getting nervous about our lineup in the upcoming months.

WTH are you even doing in here, you have your own XCOX360 thread.

/rant

Sig by yours truly.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

PS.
Aftermath, I wouldn't really call a 3 line response a rant.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:38 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People take the whole console war way too seriously. That's what i find funny. Who gives a damn?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-14-2008, 02:46 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:

seriously, I justed had a huge LOL at someone with a 360 who goes into a PS3 thread to rip on their owners to make himself feel big...really, who cares who thinks which system is better, the fact that you came into a PS3 thread just to talk **** is hilarious and shows that you really have nothing better to do

honestly, the PS3 thread is for people with PS3s and the 360 thread is for people with 360s...unless you have both and want to contribute to the discussion, there's no need for random idiots to try and start a fight in the other thread...seriously, if your 360 is boring you that much, find something else to do

nothing personal etk, but do you really have such an absence in your life that you really feel the need to come to a thread about a system that you don't have (I assume) in order to infer that 360 is better and rip on people for "thinking PS3 is better"?

dude, seriously, get a life...
Old 03-14-2008, 02:48 AM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish they would have a 300 game for the big 3 systems.

Even if it was just Hack n Slash I would still buy it.

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 10:40 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Quote:
Game selection is all about a matter of taste. As someone who doesn't enjoy many First Person Shooters, I find the 360 game selection to be very mediocre. The "big" 360 exclusive is Halo 3. While I'll admit that I did enjoy Halo 3, I own both Call of Duty 4 and Half Life: Orange Box, both of which I find to be superior games. Combine those two with PS3 exclusives Haze and Killzone 2, someone like me has enough First Person Shooters to last him the next five years. Bioshock and Gears of War are the other main 360 exclusives right now. Again, both First Person Shooters that I can easily pass on.

I quickly browsed through a list of 360 exclusives that have not yet been released, and the only one that jumped out at me (in terms of me being interested in) is Fable 2. Now, when I look at the list of PS3 exclusives I see many more games that are must-owns. Final Fantasy XIII, God of War III, Grand Turismo 5, Metal Gear Solid 4, Metal Gear Online, SOCOM, and Twisted Metal are all games that will be in my collection sooner or later and are only available on PS3.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:51 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it me or does the MLB 2K8 graphics look like a ps1/ps2 game? they are not even worth looking at, they disgust me! MLB 08 wins this one easily.

BTW, does anyone own NBA 2K8?
Old 03-14-2008, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

The graphics are still very good, not as good as 08. But 2k8's gameplay blows 08 away, by far.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Is it me or does the MLB 2K8 graphics look like a ps1/ps2 game? they are not even worth looking at, they disgust me! MLB 08 wins this one easily.

BTW, does anyone own NBA 2K8?
I've heard MLB 2K8 has really choppy gameplay. From everything I have read the Show is superior.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 11:06 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
seriously, I justed had a huge LOL at someone with a 360 who goes into a PS3 thread to rip on their owners to make himself feel big...really, who cares who thinks which system is better, the fact that you came into a PS3 thread just to talk **** is hilarious and shows that you really have nothing better to do

honestly, the PS3 thread is for people with PS3s and the 360 thread is for people with 360s...unless you have both and want to contribute to the discussion, there's no need for random idiots to try and start a fight in the other thread...seriously, if your 360 is boring you that much, find something else to do

nothing personal etk, but do you really have such an absence in your life that you really feel the need to come to a thread about a system that you don't have (I assume) in order to infer that 360 is better and rip on people for "thinking PS3 is better"?

dude, seriously, get a life...
You're pretty funny man....I come in here and respond to the guy talking about XBOX 360, but then I was drawn to the BS propaganda that some of you posted so I checked the last couple pages. PS3 owners are so defensive about their consoles which leads me to believe they are unhappy with the product and experience. I didn't even say anything about the system....all I did was comment on the lack of good games and you attacked me. I have enough friends with PS3's to know they're not getting the most out of their system.

And I probably will get a PS3 when MGS4 comes out and I feel the need to get Blu Ray. I had the original Playstation which had a great selection of games, but currently PS3 has very little to offer to me other than a nice black finish and good quality DVD movies.

Quote:
Game selection is all about a matter of taste. As someone who doesn't enjoy many First Person Shooters, I find the 360 game selection to be very mediocre. The "big" 360 exclusive is Halo 3. While I'll admit that I did enjoy Halo 3, I own both Call of Duty 4 and Half Life: Orange Box, both of which I find to be superior games. Combine those two with PS3 exclusives Haze and Killzone 2, someone like me has enough First Person Shooters to last him the next five years. Bioshock and Gears of War are the other main 360 exclusives right now. Again, both First Person Shooters that I can easily pass on.

I quickly browsed through a list of 360 exclusives that have not yet been released, and the only one that jumped out at me (in terms of me being interested in) is Fable 2. Now, when I look at the list of PS3 exclusives I see many more games that are must-owns. Final Fantasy XIII, God of War III, Grand Turismo 5, Metal Gear Solid 4, Metal Gear Online, SOCOM, and Twisted Metal are all games that will be in my collection sooner or later and are only available on PS3.
Mass Effect is probably my favorite of the bunch, and you didn't include it.

I'm not disputing that PS3 will have poor game selection in the future, but ATM there's not much for me to get excited about. Every game I want is on 360 and many of those games are exclusives. In a year PS3 might be the most desirable console.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I bought Army of Two about a week ago, and honestly, I really like it. I'd probably give it 8/10. It has a couple problems that, to me at least, are big enough that I can't give it a 9 or 10. But overall, it's a really fun game, especially in co-op mode. I actually play this game with my fiance, who hates video games, and she loves it. Hell, she plays it when I'm at work. That to me is enough to give it a high score. The gameplay overall is fun and fast paced. There are a ton of weapon and customization options, which adds to the experience. The storyline is very interesting IMO, because it actually deals with things that are potentially issues in real life at some point in the future. The graphics are excellent(although it only supports up to 720p). The cover system is somewhat unique, in that once in cover you can still move around. You aren't stuck to the cover. And sliding or rolling into cover is always fun. I haven't even taken it online yet, but I'm hoping the fun continues there. Basically, it's a very solid, fun game overall.

Now the problems. This game was supposed to have a really smart partner AI. I was expecting not to have to tell the AI partner anything, or at least just very little. But basically, you need to tell him everything. Follow me, hold here, assualt, whatever. It can get a little frustrating at times. I've kind of given up and just tell him to follow me mostly. He'll still get plenty of kills, and he takes cover fine. Hell, he had more kills than I did on a couple levels. But going Co-Op is really where this game shines. The camera can be a little wonky at times as well. Going too high or too low and getting you a little confused about where you are. I found I got annoyed with the sniper rifle. It seems like every mission, you get about 5 rounds for the thing, and you can never find anymore. Personally, I'd like a few more rounds for the thing, otherwise it's almost a wasted weapon. I barely even use the thing.

Overall, I really enjoyed this game. I can't say it's a buyer/renter yet, because I haven't gone online, and haven't finished the game yet, so I dont want to say what the replay value is on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 05:58 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:

Alan Wake would probably interest you, that's my most anticpated 360 exclusive.

The only PS3 games that I need to have...are God of War and Heavy Rain and neither is coming out for a while so, I'm fine w/ just having my 360. I've never been a big fan of any of the other games you mentioned.

I could really care less about exclusives...a lot of great games are coming out on both consoles...like GTA, Resident Evil, and Prototype...so, it's all good, either way.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-14-2008 at 06:49 PM.