Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-06-2008, 05:03 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
ok, but I wouldn't be able to bring my PS2 games and saved stuff to PS3? And I've got wifi, so that'd be pretty cool. I don't have an HDTV. I just don't know if I shoul get one or not. Everything does seem so much better and with the new games really coming out(NCAA 09, madden, NBA live, NHL) I would just buy them for PS3 instead of PS2 when they came out.

I'd still need to buy new controllers though, right? Are all PS3 controllers wireless?
Here some help.

On the ps2 games thing, buy a 60 GB ps3 from http://www.kijiji.com/ or find a 60 gb ps3, you save money and get the better PS3.

On the ps2 data thing, you can buy this http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....1617329 81611

Really if you enjoy video games and have the extra money then I would recommend getting it.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man the new ps3 brand blu-tooth headset looks sharp.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/06/27/...ally-revealed/

I already have a blu-tooth headset, but it's uncomfortable and just not as sweet as that one! This one is scheduled to be released with the new socom game. the pricing is 60 bucks for socom and this, so hopefully if sold separately, it won't be more than 20 bucks.

I really hope that they will include this headset with all new systems bought as well. The one thing the xbox has over the ps3 is their online community. However with home coming out soon, and ps3's new update with trophies and in-game access to the title screen so you can communicate with buddies, xbox might not even have that over the ps3 anymore.

Man, I love my ps3.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:15 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

here's the home trailer:

http://www.gamespot.com/video/938621...cial-trailer-1

Looks like a cool community.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The home looks kind of iffy. I'd probably never use it, although it is a good idea. MAG looks awesome, and it will have player development also which makes it different from COD4 and other FPS.

Here's the trailer if anyone didn't catch E3
Old 07-16-2008, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is Home? It looks like a life simulator lol. MAG looks cool, but wouldn't that get just a little laggy with 250+ players?
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
What is Home? It looks like a life simulator lol. MAG looks cool, but wouldn't that get just a little laggy with 250+ players?
250 players doesn't have to be laggy if the architecture is right.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 04:02 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow this is major ***, us Canadians don't get that movie service thing from the PS Store. I'm really pissed right now.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:02 PM    (permalink
FatJJ44
Rookie

FatJJ44 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Hey, I got a late question about MGS4. I haven't bought it yet and the reason was because, many people said you have to know the storyline of MGS to understand MGS4, and I never played MGS1, 2, or 3. Would that mean the MGS4 storyline would make no sense to me? I know its a great game and I was crazy about it but could someone please gimmie some feedback, thanks.
I bought this game without ever playing any of the previous games and i really had no idea what was going on at first and i still dont understand how some stuff works but like someone said before that gameplay more than makes up for it. It is probably the most confusing game i have ever played and the best game i've ever played
FatJJ44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:02 PM    (permalink
FatJJ44
Rookie

Does anyone think they could make a movie series from MGS
Old 07-16-2008, 09:18 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatJJ44 View Post
It's already in the works...
http://mgs.moviechronicles.com/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0808372/
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:21 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually, there already is plans for one. Whether they actually go through with it or not, is a different story.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 11:45 AM    (permalink
FatJJ44
Rookie

I finally beat Metal Gear Solid 4 yesterday and that end battle scene was absolutely unbelievable. The ending was sweet but very confusing all the same.
Old 08-02-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MGS is tha ****. Best game ever. If they ruin its rep with the movie I will be highly disappointed.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Regarding Metal Gear Solid, I still think the first game was the best. In terms of storyline. Solid Snake is one the most inspiring created characters I've ever come across.

Oh and for the record MGS4 was awesome. Didn't take me that long to finish surprisingly. And the boss battles weren't as hard as they were in MGS3, but it was still a good game. You can really tell it's the end in the final conversation after the credits. Sucks that Snake has to go out like that though.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:53 AM    (permalink
FatJJ44
Rookie

I hated seeing Snake go out like that too. It seemed so anticlimatic for that great of a warrior to go out like that
Old 08-03-2008, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Regarding Metal Gear Solid, I still think the first game was the best. In terms of storyline. Solid Snake is one the most inspiring created characters I've ever come across.
When it comes to overall gameplay, presentation and story nothing can touch the original MGS IMO. Everything about that game was perfect. The development of Snake as character was so innovative and new at the time for a video game character. Even the Bosses had a unbelievable back story that allowed you be really immersed in the game. I mean Sniper Wolf and Psycho Mantis really became characters and not just just enemies you had to kill. The music was spot on, I mean that first scene when you rise out of the water into Shadow Moses, and that music was playing in the background, it totally set the tone for the whole game.

Though the following games in the series did improve the gameplay (Hanging, shooting in first-person, Camo, CQC etc.) and of course graphics, the first MGS still has to be at the top for me, no doubt.

Quote:
Oh and for the record MGS4 was awesome. Didn't take me that long to finish surprisingly. And the boss battles weren't as hard as they were in MGS3, but it was still a good game. You can really tell it's the end in the final conversation after the credits. Sucks that Snake has to go out like that though.
Spoilers

There was an article that came out that said David Hayter (Voice of Snake) really wanted Hideo to kill off Snake at the end in the cemetery. Saying how Snake would never allow himself, with the mutated Foxdie, to make the selfish choice and spare his own life while endangering others. I believe Hideo's response was that it humanizes Snake, which makes sense I guess, but I would have to agree with Hayter. Either way I still enjoyed the ending. Especially with Big Boss and Snake reconciling. Wasn't to happy on what the Patriots actually were though. That was kind of lame.

And I usually try not to geek out this much, but with MGS it's worth it.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hated seeing Snake go out like that too. It seemed so anticlimatic for that great of a warrior to go out like that
On the other hand at least it wasn't the typical kind of thing you'd expect...like Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop...

Quote:
Old 08-04-2008, 08:45 AM    (permalink
FatJJ44
Rookie

ya thats true so how much longer did snake have to live after that meeting with big boss
Old 08-05-2008, 09:10 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bought my first HDtv for myself tonight and now I pretty much need to buy a HDMI cord for my ps3. I have read at some places you shouldnt spend over 25 dollars on a HDMI cord. So i was wondering if anyone else has one a hdmi cord hooked up to an HD TV and what cord they bought and how much.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

I bought the special Sony PS3 HDMI cord, but that was quite expensive, and it is no different (or at least I think) then regular HDMI cords.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:59 PM    (permalink
rainman
Veteran

rainman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
I bought my first HDtv for myself tonight and now I pretty much need to buy a HDMI cord for my ps3. I have read at some places you shouldnt spend over 25 dollars on a HDMI cord. So i was wondering if anyone else has one a hdmi cord hooked up to an HD TV and what cord they bought and how much.
I got mine off of amazon for 4 bucks. It's cheap and it is just as good as the 100 dollar cables.

Speaking of Metal Gear Solid......anyone want to buy a copy? I got one with ps3 bundle and played it twice but really didn't like it much.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:43 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
ya thats true so how much longer did snake have to live after that meeting with big boss
Spoiler below - highlight to read.

Six months.

Quote:
Old 08-06-2008, 11:48 AM    (permalink
FatJJ44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Spoiler below - highlight to read.

Six months.
Alright thats what i thought thanks
Old 08-06-2008, 11:57 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is the HDMI better than the hdtv cords?

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
You shouldnt have to spend much. I believe my roommate got one for his PS3 for like 10 bucks at most.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote