Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-29-2008, 01:19 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I'm actually going to be picking it up later today hopefully, I really look forward to playing it. Buddy of mine will likely be playing it with me too, so I really hope the cooperative element of the game will put it over the top.

It's been getting sensational reviews thus far.
It looks a little too kiddy for me but, whenever I get a PS3 I'll probably still pick it up. The God of War theme looks really cool.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:30 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone else have Socom:Confrontation?

Its online only but its pretty good, Its pretty much like Socom 2 if you played it on the ps2.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
It looks a little too kiddy for me but, whenever I get a PS3 I'll probably still pick it up. The God of War theme looks really cool.
Yeah, I know what you mean, but I love the idea of being able to essentially create hundreds of games (platformers, rpg style games, etc.) in one game.

I suppose I just love games where creativity is encouraged and not limited. LBP really appeals in that regard.
Forenci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Going to get The Show today, Forenci!
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:34 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Yeah, I know what you mean, but I love the idea of being able to essentially create hundreds of games (platformers, rpg style games, etc.) in one game.

I suppose I just love games where creativity is encouraged and not limited. LBP really appeals in that regard.
Yeah, I just wish they would have manned up the characters a bit. haha. But I agree, it still looks pretty cool. We need more do it yourself games.

I also want a movie type game like this. I used to love playing the Movies for the PC. Lots of fun making your own games and movies.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Yeah, I just wish they would have manned up the characters a bit. haha. But I agree, it still looks pretty cool. We need more do it yourself games.

I also want a movie type game like this. I used to love playing the Movies for the PC. Lots of fun making your own games and movies.
Hah yeah, I loved The Movies. That was a great game to play. Made by one of the better game developers too. Lionhead Studios, I believe?

Little Big Planet reminds me of it in a lot of ways, however what it mainly reminds me of is a mod that started out for Half-Life 2 which was called Garry's Mod. Essentially you could make a variety of in-game creations like catapults, cars, and so on by using items and objects derived from the game Half-Life 2.

At the time it was brilliant, and still is in a lot of ways. To me I think that's where LBP originated from, but one of the down sides to the mod was it was exceptionally complicated and I think that's partially the reason why the developers of Little Big Planet decided to take a more..cartoony take to the game. It helps encourage and promote the idea that the game is centered more around fun creations than complex ones.
Forenci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:12 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Little Big Planet is far and away my favorite game of the year so far, absolutely stunning visually and so much fun to play. Though I have yet to get into Fallout that much yet, it would be awful hard to topple LBP at this point.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:30 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you want a FPS, get Half Life 2: Orange Box and Call of Duty 4. Orange Box is only $29.99 and COD4 is $49.99 and the price could drop once the new one comes out. Those are the only two FPS I own and I like them so much, I don't plan on buying another any time soon.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:06 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every PS3 owner should buy COD4. Even though it is really short, maybe 4 hours of gameplay, im assuming, it is a magnificently beautiful FPS, and its one of the better games the PS3 has online. Not to mention the storyline is a bit different then the usual FPS, no world war 2 type shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.

What? Resistance 2 tommorow?

OHHH YEAHHHH

Sig by yours truly.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:27 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Resistance 2 online was nice. I don't know if it was in the first one, but Core Control is a fun little game to play. It's basically Capture the Flag.. Oh, and 30 vs. 30 Team Deathmatches are great.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:23 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I rented Fallout 3. Awesome game thus far. I usually love RPGs like that in the beginning though, and then they fall off. So I don't know yet.

Should I get Fallout 3, Resistance 2, Call of Duty 5, or Little Big Planet?

So many options...

I might just wait for prices to fall. Although that would be hard, it may be the smart thing to do not having much time to play them.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:19 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm holding off on all new games until december 25th.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys can you post your ps3 id names or w/e? and what games you have
Myself...
NHL 09
Madden 09
NCAA 09
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:43 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BamaFalcon59

Online I play NCAA (2009) and sometimes Madden (2009). I'm pretty good in NCAA (level 11, like 77-58 or something like that) and decent in Madden (8-6).

Definitely more of a NCAA guy.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:10 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Madden 09(level 18, 77-22)
COD4 (Gold Cross 55, 2.60 kill/death)
COD5 (Tomorrow)
GTA:IV

got like 5 more games as well

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:56 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ****** up and bought Quantum of Solice Friday. After 6 hours, it's over. Very childish game, wayyyy too easy. Haven't played it online but don't plan on it. Wish they would bring back Goldeneye for the next gen systems, that would be awesome. About to trade it in and get COD5, screw it.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:26 AM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carolina_Flyy

CFB 88-65 lvl. 11

Bioshock is gangsta.

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else try Little Big Planet?

I rented it and played it a bit. It's pretty decent for multiplayer but sucks if you play PS3 by yourself.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:16 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
Guys can you post your ps3 id names or w/e? and what games you have
Myself...
NHL 09
Madden 09
NCAA 09
TruGorilla is my ps3 ID

Call of Duty 4
Madden 09
GTA IV
Socom Confrontation (My Favorite played socom 2 on ps2, Online Only)
Assassins Creed
NFL Tour ( Don't know why I bought it)

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:29 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandboy843 View Post
Carolina_Flyy

CFB 88-65 lvl. 11

Bioshock is gangsta.
I just saw the other day that PS3 had the Bioshock demo, I had no idea it was coming out for PS3, when did it come out? I might have to look into getting it...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 04:50 PM    (permalink
bigredballer
Rookie

bigredballer is a cocksman.bigredballer is a cocksman.bigredballer is a cocksman.

berzerkeredmaven

NHL 08 / 09
Resistance: Fall of Man
Assassins Creed
Heavenly Sword
MX v ATV
Army of Two
bigredballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PACKmanN

NHL 09
Madden 08&09
MGS 4
GTA 4
COD4
NBA 2K8
NCAA 08
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I just saw the other day that PS3 had the Bioshock demo, I had no idea it was coming out for PS3, when did it come out? I might have to look into getting it...

its already out....

i love it

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bah I think my Resistance topic got deleted, anyways...

Long story short, Resistance 2 has one of the best endings for a video game that I have seen in a long long time, the game is AMAZING, the graphics are AMAZING.

Overall, I think it's the funnest game to come out on the PS3, and third best.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote