Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-14-2008, 12:14 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok X-Mas is coming up, and my gf wants me to make up a list of different things that I like, and I think I don't have enough PS3 games, so I'm gonna put a couple of the essentials on it. Which games are the essentials?
Mind you I already have COD4, Resistence, madden 09, guitar hero world tour, ninja gaiden and some older sports games

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 01:08 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NCAA '09, Resistance 2, and Fallout 3 are all very good. Well, I haven't played Resistance 2, but I hear it's good.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 03:48 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
DO IT!!!!!

Seriously though, the ps3 is becoming the dominant system. I highly recommend.
I'm not sure about it becoming the dominant system, but thanks for the endorsement.

Xbox games still dominate in sales which certainly helps in regards to online play and since the launch of the PS3 the 360 has outsold it 2:1.

Fortunately I'm not too concerned about this as I'm primarily interested due to the blu-ray player.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 07:30 AM    (permalink
NBA
Rookie

NBA is a cocksman.NBA is a cocksman.NBA is a cocksman.

I have owned a X-box 360 for like 3 years
I have had a Wii for about 3 months (it's boring as ******* hell already)
I so wish I had a PS3
I go to best buy and just play ps3 demos for fun sometimes..
NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:46 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
What? You must have the version that doesnt have backwards comp.(40 GB i think?)

I can play all of my PS2 Games.
The new 80 GB you cant play them I've heard.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 01:03 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
The new 80 GB you cant play them I've heard.
From doing a brief internet search, it seems that the 80 GB has limited backwards compatibility. So some games should work, others won't, unless they've changed it to 100% no backwards compatibility, but I can't find anything that says that. What game(s) did you try, or is it just what you heard/read?

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 02:04 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
I'm not sure about it becoming the dominant system, but thanks for the endorsement.

Xbox games still dominate in sales which certainly helps in regards to online play and since the launch of the PS3 the 360 has outsold it 2:1.

Fortunately I'm not too concerned about this as I'm primarily interested due to the blu-ray player.
sales mean nothing, everyone knows that the Wii will always dominate in sales.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:57 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
From doing a brief internet search, it seems that the 80 GB has limited backwards compatibility. So some games should work, others won't, unless they've changed it to 100% no backwards compatibility, but I can't find anything that says that. What game(s) did you try, or is it just what you heard/read?
I heard all the new 80 and under PS3's except for the Metal Gear one have no backwards compatability. They basically crammed a PS2 into the PS3 initially and it was costing them too much money so, they scrapped it. Which really sucks, considering i dont have a ps2 anymore. I've tried all my extremely popular games in my PS3 and it always says..."This PS3 console does not support PS2 software." Yeah it sucks.

On a brighter note, though. I didnt realize Resistance has offline co-op...that's great, my buddy and I always love to go through campaigns in co-op mode. When he gets back for winter break it's going to be lots of Gears 2, Resistance, and NCAA College Basketball 09 co-op. Awesome.

edit...Also, I'll be pretty pissed if they cut the price now. I know they arent doing very well at all and CNN called the PS3 a sinking ship. Yeah, not exactly what you want to hear when you just shelled out $500.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-15-2008, 05:48 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I have a 20gb which im pretty sure they dont even make anymore and it has backwards compatability.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Well I have a 20gb which im pretty sure they dont even make anymore and it has backwards compatability.
Yes, they stopped making them w/ backwards compatability.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-15-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think, as M.O.T.H. said/described, all the new systems coming out now no longer have backwards compatibility. I bought mine over a year ago, and I'm assuming you did as well packerlegend. It really sucks if they are cutting it out to save money or something.

By the way, sales may not be going well, but come on, it's Playstation. There really is no fear of it completely failing or becoming obsolete, they will continue to produce games and work on improving sales. I'm not even worried about another system coming out for another 3-4 years at least.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 12-15-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
FatJJ44
Rookie

FatJJ44 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

hey does anyone know in NCAA Football 09 if you can move up conferences. Im Kent State and im about to be 5 star team and i was wondering if i could move to a major conference, probably the big 10
FatJJ44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
sales mean nothing, everyone knows that the Wii will always dominate in sales.
They are a good indicator of what is popular. Plus if you are just talking about proper gaming and online/multiplayer is important to you, the statistic about game sales would steer you towards a 360.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

God of War 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci4YzahmKVM

Uncharted 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x766wdaFvqs

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-17-2008, 02:00 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

well congrats MOTH, you just made my year with the Uncharted 2 trailer.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 12-18-2008, 01:50 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I just bought Resistance 2 the other day. Man, have I been missing out. Does anyone else play it?

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:17 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
So I just bought Resistance 2 the other day. Man, have I been missing out. Does anyone else play it?
Not yet, but hopefully as of next Thursday I will be.

I'm wondering, for those that have played both 1 and 2, how does 2 compare?

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 12-18-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I haven't played the campaign yet in Resistance 2 but I played the first one. I think it's going to be a lot better. I wasn't impressed by the first one much but I did have some fun playing it.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 07:14 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

1st>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2nd, in every aspect of the game. IMO, they attempted to copy COD4 with the online and failed.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:34 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I just bought another controller $54 (blah) and Uncharted.

Oh yeah and Resevoir Dogs on Blu Ray for $10.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-18-2008, 07:34 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
1st>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2nd, in every aspect of the game. IMO, they attempted to copy COD4 with the online and failed.
that is disappointing. So is the campaign a lot worse in the 2nd or slightly/basically as good/enjoyable? I really enjoyed the campaign in the 1st and thought it was great, so even if it is pretty much the same I will be happy. I didn't really play online before, I might with Resistance 2 but we'll see.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 12-18-2008, 07:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'll still buy the 2nd, I love the 1st so far.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-18-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whoa, cant wait for Uncharted 2, the trailer had me on the edge of my seat lol. Can't wait for the game. As for Resistance, I heard alot of good stuff from users in this thread so I pickd up a copy of the first one, and its a pretty fun game. Almost finished with it. Is the 2nd better, worse, or about the same?
Old 12-18-2008, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.

Going to go pick up Fallout 3 first thing tomorrow morning.

Sig by yours truly.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Call of Duty is one of the most infuriating games I have ever played.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote