Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-23-2008, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Trivia
Rookie

Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.

PS3 < 360
PS3 is the buy if you are really into Blue Ray and sports games. If you want only good graphics PS3 has that. 360 has a much better selection game wise and just has a plain better online layout.
Trivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 05:58 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivia View Post
PS3 < 360
PS3 is the buy if you are really into Blue Ray and sports games. If you want only good graphics PS3 has that. 360 has a much better selection game wise and just has a plain better online layout.
PS3 has more potential. It seems like developers just got use to developing for the PS3. I heard it was a lot easier to develop for the 360. Right now my PS3 is only for exclusives and I buy most of my multi-platform games on 360, but I bet that changes next year.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 07:41 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
PS3 < 360
why would you come into a PS3 thread and start talking about this....
Old 12-23-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Trivia
Rookie

Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.

Sorry wrong thread.

EDIT: Way to go PS3 homers. Nice neg reps. Must be tough having the inferior system.

Last edited by Trivia : 12-23-2008 at 10:15 PM.
Trivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sorry wrong thread.

EDIT: Way to go PS3 homers. Nice neg reps. Must be tough having the inferior system.
Trivia has been drinking 40's all night and problss alchohol poisoning. I apologize on his behalf. He may be right about everything he said but he is an a hole :)
Old 12-23-2008, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can tell this 360 homers knocking the ps3 haven't played a ps3 in the past couple of months.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
You can tell this 360 homers knocking the ps3 haven't played a ps3 in the past couple of months.
I play the PS3 a few times a week at my friends house. We play a lot of CoD5.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I play the PS3 a few times a week at my friends house. We play a lot of CoD5.
Shut... up!

Old 12-23-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Shut... up!
I mean I don't really play to many games on the PS3 besides MGS4 (One of the greatest games ever made) and the COD games very often so I guess in a way you are right. I just love my XBOX because I can play KOTOR 1 and 2 and for the many other awesome games. I do like the PS3 though and think it is a pretty great system.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it's a matter of who is right and who is wrong, but why does anyone feel the need to go into a thread about a system in which 99% of the people already own, to proclaim how inferior it is. No one who owns a PS3 really cares since we already obviously have it. I mean, you can say what is bad/you don't like about PS3 and it would be accepted, but why is there a need to come in to tell us how you (non-specific to anyone) love the 360 more.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:20 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love both. :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:43 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I love both. :D
As do I. I chose PS3 because I really love God of War and I'm glad I did because I love Uncharted. I like Halo and Gears looks really fun, but I never really, really got into playing Halo so I wasn't going to get a 360 just for exclusives. I liked that PS3 is free wireless internet, even though live isn't expensive it's just the act of paying, and while everyone claims 360's online is so much easier to use, I have no problem whatsoever using PS3's. Add in I had PS2 and loved it so much more than xbox, my roommate has a PS3 so I can go online with him, it has blu-ray, and reading about all the initial problems of 360 plus Microsoft being known for sending out products with flaws or before they are ready, I thought PS3 was the best choice for me. I really like playing 360, but I love having a PS3.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's preference; both have their advantages.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames...ory?id=3775962

I still miss MVP baseball dearly (why can't they at least still make the college game?), but MLB the Show helps make me forget about MVP.

Old 12-24-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames...ory?id=3775962

I still miss MVP baseball dearly (why can't they at least still make the college game?), but MLB the Show helps make me forget about MVP.
the one thing i hated about the game was the online lag and some of the glitches. Other then that and with the additions to 09, it seems perfect. Hopefully they fix those.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:12 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

I find it funny that apparently Geo Soto is white, according to the first picture of the article.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:16 PM    (permalink
rainman
Veteran

rainman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Anyone know of a good roster to download from the EA Locker for NCAA Basketball 09?
Old 12-24-2008, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
the one thing i hated about the game was the online lag and some of the glitches. Other then that and with the additions to 09, it seems perfect. Hopefully they fix those.
If you went into a game with a laggy opponent, all you had to do was quit in the first inning. However, that sucked as well, because if you ever had a good 1st inning, you were basically screwed because the other guy would quit. I think I went something like 60-50 online, but at first I was just learning how to play. Some guys on that game though had unreal plate discipline for a video game.

Old 12-25-2008, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Ah, this time tomorrow, I'll be playing Resistance 2, CODWAW, and then I'm even thinking about buying socom, and definitely NHL 09. I'm not even a big hockey fan, but that game is amazing.

Old 12-25-2008, 09:31 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got Valkyria Chronicles for Christmas. That game is awesome!

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
Ah, this time tomorrow, I'll be playing Resistance 2, CODWAW, and then I'm even thinking about buying socom, and definitely NHL 09. I'm not even a big hockey fan, but that game is amazing.
you better get a headset with Socom so when your on NHL or Socom I will pwn you ;)
Old 12-26-2008, 01:35 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

I got Fifa 09, Resistance 2, Mirror's Edge, and Bioshock for Christmas. I've been mainly playing Fifa, which is pure sex, but I played like the first level of Resistance and it was pretty fun. Seems a lot different than the first, but I haven't played that one in a while.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:52 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got Resistance 2 and Fallout 3. I also got Resident Evil 4, one of the greatest games ever created. I beat it for the Gamecube when I had it, but never got the port for the PS2. Such a great game.

I plan on getting a game or two more today.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I got Resistance 2 and Fallout 3. I also got Resident Evil 4, one of the greatest games ever created. I beat it for the Gamecube when I had it, but never got the port for the PS2. Such a great game.

I plan on getting a game or two more today.
Im undecided on which game to get today.

Sig by yours truly.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 12:16 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
Im undecided on which game to get today.
Resistance 2 is epic for a first person shooter. Especially after the first few levels. I have not tried the online yet, but it should be great.

Fallout 3 is amazing as well. I did not really like Oblivion (Bethea's other RPG), but Fallout was great when I rented it. Have not played it since I got it, though.

Hard to go wrong with either of them.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote