Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-16-2009, 10:45 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I can't wait for Street Fighter IV.
I reserved it a couple of days ago.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:24 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even though everyone in here has their's already a price cut is suppose to come. I can see it because the economy blows.

Quote:
PS3 will be $299 in April, analyst predicts
Xbox 360 cuts to follow; no change for Wii
By Mike Smith

Could the days of the $400 Playstation 3 be numbered?

So says financial analyst Michael Pachter, who predicted this week that Sony will trim the price of its cheapest Playstation 3 pack to a "more affordable" $299 in April, and that an Xbox 360 price cut will follow by June.

And the Wii? Don't hold your breath. "We expect Nintendo to maintain Wii pricing at $249 until the company sees signs that demand is slowing, which means a price cut may not happen until late in the year, if at all," Pachter said.

Upcoming PS3 Titles
Like any analyst, Pachter, who is employed by securities firm Wedbush-Morgan, isn't always right, but he boasts a healthy hit rate at anticipating similar moves in the past, notably predicting PS3 and Xbox 360 price cuts in 2007. Don't expect official confirmation from either Microsoft or Sony, though: telling your customers about price cuts four months in advance tends not to be a very common strategy.

Ailing Sony, which is tipped to be about to post its first annual loss for 14 years, could well expect a significant sales boost if Pachter's prediction pans out. The Playstation 3 is heading into 2009 with a bumper lineup of upcoming exclusive games, including Killzone 2, Uncharted 2, God of War 3, and superhero-themed DC Universe Online, and a lower price point could well lend the console much-needed momentum.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ouch, Sony's gonna lose a few hundred dollars for every ps3 sold then. Those things aren't cheap to make.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Hitman D
Rookie

Hitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Don't expect it anytime soon, why on earth would Sony cut the price of the ps3 now when they could have cut the price in November or December where did they would have done alot better in sales compared to now. Dell has the ps3 for 340 anyways.

Hitman D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:28 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman D View Post
Don't expect it anytime soon, why on earth would Sony cut the price of the ps3 now when they could have cut the price in November or December where did they would have done alot better in sales compared to now. Dell has the ps3 for 340 anyways.
I dont know but because if they do cut it now they will easily sell more. But will that make up for the cost of each one costing less. Maybe but dont they try and make up $ from the games they sell or something?

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 01-19-2009, 04:51 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
I dont know but because if they do cut it now they will easily sell more. But will that make up for the cost of each one costing less. Maybe but dont they try and make up $ from the games they sell or something?
Not even PS3 games are selling too hot.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:11 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Does anyone want to play some Soul Calibur IV sometime?

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 has been anounced. I dont know if anyones already posted it but I think its gonna be sick. Prelude to COD4 I've heard. maybe it continues from when you jump off the plane at the end of cod4?
Old 01-22-2009, 03:25 PM    (permalink
FatJJ44
Rookie

FatJJ44 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

my ps3 just stopped reading discs. i can turn it on and do everything else but it just won't read games or dvds. does anyone know how to fix this and if i cant, can i send it back to sony or somewhere else to get it fixed. thanks
FatJJ44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 has been anounced. I dont know if anyones already posted it but I think its gonna be sick. Prelude to COD4 I've heard. maybe it continues from when you jump off the plane at the end of cod4?
Wouldn't that be a sequel? I think it would be cool if they make it based off that level, like either the same terrorist group or a different one was responsible for hijacking Air Force One and now you have to find/protect the President and/or defeat this group.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatJJ44 View Post
my ps3 just stopped reading discs. i can turn it on and do everything else but it just won't read games or dvds. does anyone know how to fix this and if i cant, can i send it back to sony or somewhere else to get it fixed. thanks
You get a 1 year warrenty from sony from the date you bought it. If it is under warrenty call them. They send a box, you put your crap in it and they send it back. It will take around 3 weeks for you to get it back from when you sent it out. Everything is free including shipping if its under warrenty. I know because I had mine sent back awhile ago and it was simple. If its been over a year with them and you have no other warrenty, im sure you can send it to them but it will cost $.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 01-24-2009, 06:50 AM    (permalink
FatJJ44
Rookie

FatJJ44 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
You get a 1 year warrenty from sony from the date you bought it. If it is under warrenty call them. They send a box, you put your crap in it and they send it back. It will take around 3 weeks for you to get it back from when you sent it out. Everything is free including shipping if its under warrenty. I know because I had mine sent back awhile ago and it was simple. If its been over a year with them and you have no other warrenty, im sure you can send it to them but it will cost $.
alright mines barely over a year old so ill probably have to pay. thanks
FatJJ44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:43 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Wouldn't that be a sequel? I think it would be cool if they make it based off that level, like either the same terrorist group or a different one was responsible for hijacking Air Force One and now you have to find/protect the President and/or defeat this group.
yeah, my bad, I said prelude on accident. I hope its a sequel to the 4th. But since Soap was the only one alive at the end, they'd have to make new characters and story as well. this should game should blow out Call of Duty World at War, which in my mind was a disapointment.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:46 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Killzone 2 looks amazing.

And on a SFIV note, I didn't know they added Gen. That's going to be sweet as well. I might be the only fighter game person that likes this though, but I hope they have some cutscenes and actual endings.

Oh and that Arkham Asylum game? Old news I'm guessing, but I just found. The voices of Batman: The Animated Series are going to be in the game. For that alone it might be worth it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMvsqSAd-D8
Old 02-02-2009, 08:08 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Killzone 2 looks amazing.

And on a SFIV note, I didn't know they added Gen. That's going to be sweet as well. I might be the only fighter game person that likes this though, but I hope they have some cutscenes and actual endings.

Oh and that Arkham Asylum game? Old news I'm guessing, but I just found. The voices of Batman: The Animated Series are going to be in the game. For that alone it might be worth it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMvsqSAd-D8
The endings have improved and are done in anime style I believe. I doubt they'll have cutscenes throughout arcade mode though.

Arkham Asylum is looking to be good. I've heard a little about it but don't remember the details. The graphics from screenshots I have seen look amazing though. Also Mark Hamil doing the Joker voice again = win.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:10 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My PS3 tried to die out on me today.. It said the Disk Drive was corrupt and would be restored.. Everything turned out okay.. but it definitely made me poo a little..
Old 02-02-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arkham Asylum looks like a fist full of win.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
My PS3 tried to die out on me today.. It said the Disk Drive was corrupt and would be restored.. Everything turned out okay.. but it definitely made me poo a little..
lol. mines dieing on my too. Won't read discs and whenever it does, it freezes up in the middle of games. Ps3's starting to dissapoint me. this is the 2nd time. Hope I can get it replaced in time for Killzone.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:03 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
lol. mines dieing on my too. Won't read discs and whenever it does, it freezes up in the middle of games. Ps3's starting to dissapoint me. this is the 2nd time. Hope I can get it replaced in time for Killzone.
I just bought this in April of last year.. It better not be dying out on me.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:19 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh wow. I didn't know MLB The Show 09 is a PS3 exclusive. That's ridiculously cool. If all of the upgrades they are putting in work out, this could be the best baseball game ever.

I keep watching trailers for games coming out in '09 and they're saying that this is going to be the year of the PS3. Looks like it with Killzone 2 and God of War III alone. I wish they'd make Tekken 6 and Fight Night Round 4 exclusives as well.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

wasn't the Show 08 exclusive?
Old 02-02-2009, 10:39 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
wasn't the Show 08 exclusive?
Yeah. I found that out. I didn't play that one though.

Oh and Heavy Rain? Not sure if it should just be rented, but that looks great.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:43 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Yeah. I found that out. I didn't play that one though.

Oh and Heavy Rain? Not sure if it should just be rented, but that looks great.
I enjoyed The Show 08 much more than 2k8, but by the time I compared the two I figured I'll just wait to get 09.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:26 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Oh wow. I didn't know MLB The Show 09 is a PS3 exclusive. That's ridiculously cool. If all of the upgrades they are putting in work out, this could be the best baseball game ever.

I keep watching trailers for games coming out in '09 and they're saying that this is going to be the year of the PS3. Looks like it with Killzone 2 and God of War III alone. I wish they'd make Tekken 6 and Fight Night Round 4 exclusives as well.
Eh, they said that last year was going to be the year of the PS3 as well. Microsoft doesn't really announce their games that early like Sony. Microsoft will have some good games like Mass Effect 2, Halo Wars, Halo ODST, unannounced Lionhead Studios game, and an unannounced Rare game. Theres some more I could list but theres no point. They have a good chance of having the best year depending on unannounced titles. However, 2009 will probably be the year of the Wii again. PS3 needs a price drop before it will be the victor. Sony is smart though, they have a 10 year plan for the PS3.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:28 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

I really don't see the appeal of Halo Wars.

I mean, I understand the success of games like those in the past, and maybe it will be a hit with fans of that type of game. But there is no way that typical Halo players will be into Halo Wars.