Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-02-2009, 11:41 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well im officially a trophy *****, I have 5 platinum trophies. Call of Duty: World at War, GTA IV, Drakes Uncharted Fortune, Burnout Paradise City and 007:Quantum of Solace are the games I have platinum on.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Yeah. I found that out. I didn't play that one though.

Oh and Heavy Rain? Not sure if it should just be rented, but that looks great.
I've been waiting for Heavy Rain for years. Real excited about that one. Wont be everyone's thing, see their previous game, Indigo Prophecy. One of my all-time favorites but, it was a love it or hate it deal and Heavy Rain will be in the same mold as far as game play is concerned.

Extremely story based gameplay...basically like you're playing a movie. Lots of people have been calling it an interactive cut scene game. Just to give you an idea.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-03-2009 at 12:00 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:22 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At the Hooters by my house they're doing an NCAA Tournament. It's free and it runs for 10 weeks. there's like 15 guys in it (double elimination) and it's every Wednesday If you win one week your automatically in the final tournament. If you win it all, you get your choice between a PS3, 360 or a Wii.

It's pretty sweet.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:26 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am an Xbox fanboy fo life but I am considering getting a PS3, the only game I really want to play for it is Drakes Fortune, but I would like to have a Bluray player.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:29 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
I am an Xbox fanboy fo life but I am considering getting a PS3, the only game I really want to play for it is Drakes Fortune, but I would like to have a Bluray player.
It's totally worth it for the Uncharted series alone. That game just blew me away when I played it. Graphically, it cant be beat on a console...unless we're talking racing games, like Gran Turismo 5, which is breathtaking.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-03-2009, 12:34 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
It's totally worth it for the Uncharted series alone. That game just blew me away when I played it. Graphically, it cant be beat on a console...unless we're talking racing games, like Gran Turismo 5, which is breathtaking.
Seriously, the first Drake's Fortune was like a playable movie. It's the best game graphically that I have ever played (I don't play racing games). The second one looks to be even better quality and should be a really interesting storyline, much like the first. Also, God of War series just speaks for itself.

The Bluray player is a great added bonus.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:43 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I dont like racing games either but, a buddy of mine had it and let me borrow it. GT5's graphics are just sickening.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-03-2009, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Hitman D
Rookie

Hitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
I never believed in buying a console just for one game but if you want it for the blu ray too then I say get it as long as you do find value on the purchase.

Hitman D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:59 AM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Seriously, the first Drake's Fortune was like a playable movie. It's the best game graphically that I have ever played (I don't play racing games). The second one looks to be even better quality and should be a really interesting storyline, much like the first. Also, God of War series just speaks for itself.

The Bluray player is a great added bonus.
Speaking of God of War, are they going to make a new one that you know of?

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Hitman D
Rookie

Hitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

^^Their making a new one. It's supposed be out this year or early next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Oh wow. I didn't know MLB The Show 09 is a PS3 exclusive. That's ridiculously cool. If all of the upgrades they are putting in work out, this could be the best baseball game ever.
Yea MLB The Show franchise is developed by SCEA. I was surprised too when I found that out.

http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/forma...y-$1265810.htm

Some new info is supposed to be announced about a big exclusive today.

Last edited by Hitman D : 02-03-2009 at 10:04 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:02 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
Speaking of God of War, are they going to make a new one that you know of?
Yea, it's coming out soon I believe. Like sometime this year.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 02-03-2009, 10:03 AM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would be so awesome! Hopefully they bring it to the PS3 this time.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Hitman D
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
That would be so awesome! Hopefully they bring it to the PS3 this time.
It's being developed for the ps3. Two trailers that have been released so far.

Old 02-03-2009, 11:17 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I really don't see the appeal of Halo Wars.

I mean, I understand the success of games like those in the past, and maybe it will be a hit with fans of that type of game. But there is no way that typical Halo players will be into Halo Wars.
Real Time Strategy games is one of my favorite genres. Halo Wars could do what Halo did for FPS on consoles.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Real Time Strategy games is one of my favorite genres. Halo Wars could do what Halo did for FPS on consoles.
You should look into Fat Princess.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just realised that at the PS Store it is possible to go into another section "video" instead of "games". You can rent or buy like 1000 different movies and there is also a television section with a fair amount of shows. i'll probably never use it but I just realised they had it.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:30 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you guys make an Europe account you can get Killzone 2 demo. Who here played the MLB 09 demo? any good?
Old 02-06-2009, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just made a EU account and am downloading Killzone 2 demo. Hope it lives up to the hype...
Old 02-07-2009, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Hitman D
Rookie

I LOVED the demo. Even though it was short. The controls I gotta get used to but it's whatever, game looks like it will be as good as advertised.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:31 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Killzone 2 has gotten some ridiculous reviews. So far on metacritic only two of 40 reviews have given it less than 90/100 and 15 reviews have it rated 95/100 or higher. It's a 93 overall (#6 all-time for PS3 games).
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:37 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really disliked Killzone 2's cover system. I probably just need more time with it but I don't like having to hold the crouch button next to something.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea it just takes some time getting used to. But the graphics, especially with the HUD off, are AMAZING
Old 02-07-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just got a PS3 for Valentines day, you guys play online?

The Chief.
Eric Church - Smoke A Little Smoke
http://youtu.be/XxWjtWONuGc
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 05:43 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yup, my psn is PACKmanN
Old 02-07-2009, 06:14 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

For anyone interested, the Resident Evil 5 demo is available. I don't know about anyone else, but RE is my favorite game franchise.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver