Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-02-2009, 03:30 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heavy Rain and David Cage! Woot!

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:28 PM    (permalink
The Hat On Miles Head
Rookie

The Hat On Miles Head smells like sex panther.The Hat On Miles Head smells like sex panther.

GOW 3 will be easily the best game ever.

I might get AC2 on PS3 because the graphics looks so damn beautiful.
The Hat On Miles Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:35 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe I hate 360 or maybe I love Heavy Rain a little too much, but Alan Wake looks like crap in comparison IMO. It looks closer to Indigo Prophecy than what Heavy Rain hopefully is.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to know more about Agent.

Last edited by Saints 4 Lyfe : 06-02-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Saints 4 Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:09 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if this just came out or this is from a long time ago, but this makes this game sound ridiculous:

Old 06-02-2009, 11:26 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
They're releasing Final Fantasy 13 and 14 in the same year? Is that what he just said?
Watched the trailer and such, seems like 14 is coming out this year and is another MMO. Final Fantasy XIV Online exclusively on PS3.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:36 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I don't know if this just came out or this is from a long time ago, but this makes this game sound ridiculous:

I was instantly attracted to it when Tyson's name was on the roster. This just looks like it will be so phenomenal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:04 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Watched the trailer and such, seems like 14 is coming out this year and is another MMO. Final Fantasy XIV Online exclusively on PS3.
Did they say if there is going to be a monthly fee? I imagine there would be since there was for XI...but I can hope for free I guess.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:06 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Maybe I hate 360 or maybe I love Heavy Rain a little too much, but Alan Wake looks like crap in comparison IMO. It looks closer to Indigo Prophecy than what Heavy Rain hopefully is.
You sir are crazy. I'll guarantee Alan Wake will be much better received and just a superior game. Graphically, it doesnt even look like a 360 game, it's bound to be the prettiest game on the console upon release and the controls are said to be incredibly responsive with extremely polished animations. Those guys at Remedy know how to make exceptional games.

While I want Heavy Rain so bad...a lot of people wont like it because, the entire game is made up of quick time events, just like Indigo Prophecy. One of my favorite games ever, by the way. I also love David Cage (my favorite) and Quantic Dream but, I can def. see a lot of people returning it to the store when they realize it's all QTE's.

Both are heaviliy story based games by two of my favorite developers. I've been waiting for both for sooooooo long. But I def. think Alan Wake will end up being the better game when it's said and done. The atmosphere should be phenominal.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-03-2009 at 12:09 AM.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:12 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You sir are crazy. I'll guarantee Alan Wake will be much better received and just a superior game. Graphically, it doesnt even look like a 360 game, it's bound to be the prettiest game on the console upon release and the controls are said to be incredibly responsive with extremely polished animations. Those guys at Remedy know how to make exceptional games.

While I want Heavy Rain so bad...a lot of people wont like it because, the entire game is made up of quick time events, just like Indigo Prophecy. One of my favorite games ever, by the way. I also love David Cage (my favorite) and Quantic Dream but, I can def. see a lot of people returning it to the store when they realize it's all QTE's.
Yeah, that graphics look great. I don't know though. The whole point of Heavy Rain is to give a different gaming experience, and I think they're going to accomplish that. What Alan Wake is doing, while much nicer, has been done before. Plus, I just like that Heavy Rain is centered around more realistic events, while Wake kind of reminds me of the thriller version of that Will Ferrell movie.

I agree though. I see Wake being more appreciated by the gaming community because it's more of a "game".
Old 06-03-2009, 12:22 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Both are rather, I dont know revolutionary, really. Heavy Rain is basically expanded upon what they started in Indigo Prophecy but, with some crazy new control scheme. R2 to move? Weird, but interesting. A playable movie more so than a video game. David Cage is all about realism so, I'm loving that and hopefully we'll see some emotion that we've never seen in video games to this point. It's also pretty sweet that the one main character has a bit of a drug problem and that can greatly effect what's going on.

Alan Wake on the other hand is trying to go with more of a movie route as well but with much more actual playing involved. Hitchcockian esque...an open world game in a Silent Hill kind of mold but, so much more in terms of story and atmosphere. A true psychological thriller in game form. This open world is also supposed to be beyond massive, like the biggest ever. It remains to be seen how they'll keep you busy, though...because you'd imagine it may get boring just driving around this huge map or running through the forest. haha.

I wish they were both coming out this year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-03-2009, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Hitman D
Rookie

Hitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Heavy Rain hasn't been given a release date yet. I know that guy said next year but I'll wait for Sony to say when.
Also, an unannounced game will be announced sometime today.

Think all the E3 surprises are over? Think again! According to the E3 schedule, [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]Sony[/color][/color] will have an unannounced title revealed tomorrow. At this time, the title is not known, although it's rumored to be "big". Stay tuned on PlayStation LifeStyle for this announcement, coming Wednesday, June 3rd.

http://n4g.com/ClickOut.aspx?ObjID=339018

Last edited by Hitman D : 06-03-2009 at 02:07 PM.
Hitman D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Good info...I really want to know more about the new Rock Star game, Agent, as well.

As for Heavy Rain. It, just like a bunch of other games got the early 2010 tag. Which could mean just that or perhaps another delay. It's def. ruled out for 09, though. As is Alan Wake for the 360.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-03-2009, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uncharted 2 multiplayer=teh winz
Saints 4 Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:34 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

I was watching trailers on the Batman game and that looks pretty sweet. I just love that they brought back a bunch of VAs from the cartoon. It looked kind of easy, but I assume those were all on the first levels and on a relatively easy difficulty. For now though, it potentially looks like a game based off a comic book that might actually be good.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:49 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

It would have been better if they made a Dark Knight game and a Ledger esque Joker.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-04-2009, 02:29 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It would have been better if they made a Dark Knight game and a Ledger esque Joker.
At least they have Mark Hamill doing the voice again.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

I want to try out the Batman game myself!

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:36 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, would anyone happen to know if can you play Rock Band using a guitar hero instrument? I ask cause I really don't wanna have to buy a new instrument for Rock Band: The Beatles, though I might buy the bass or probably the drums

Quote:
Old 06-07-2009, 06:44 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
Alright, would anyone happen to know if can you play Rock Band using a guitar hero instrument? I ask cause I really don't wanna have to buy a new instrument for Rock Band: The Beatles, though I might buy the bass or probably the drums
I know you can on the 360 but I'm not sure about the PS3.

http://www.joystiq.com/Instrument-Compatibility-Matrix/

Here's a chart on whats compatible with what. Who knows about the new Beatles one though. They will probably work. The drums is modeled after Ringo's drums I believe, I have to get them.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 06-07-2009 at 06:47 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:20 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
I know you can on the 360 but I'm not sure about the PS3.

http://www.joystiq.com/Instrument-Compatibility-Matrix/

Here's a chart on whats compatible with what. Who knows about the new Beatles one though. They will probably work. The drums is modeled after Ringo's drums I believe, I have to get them.

They really went all out on the licensing on this one. You can check out the new trailer here:
http://www.thebeatlesrockband.com/

Kick ass on the compatibility chart, thansk a lot dude. I gotta pick up a pair of drums, just don't know whether to wait or not

Quote:
Old 06-07-2009, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paul's Bass does look pretty badass.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My PSN is Jets25. Feel free to send me a friend request but just tell me who you are.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Hurricanes25 : 06-10-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone else playing infamous? the controls are amazing and its just a bunch of fun overall
Old 06-10-2009, 09:05 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote