Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-18-2009, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait for NHL 10.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:29 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The newest Heavy Rain trailer. Looks even more amazing. Def. has an adult feel to the game. That was David Cage's aim, though. He wants to target the Adult gamer. Once again, amazing looking.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:18 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post

The newest Heavy Rain trailer. Looks even more amazing. Def. has an adult feel to the game. That was David Cage's aim, though. He wants to target the Adult gamer. Once again, amazing looking.
I'm in love.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^^^
Looks like a good one, but it sometimes appears that they did better in some sections in graphics then others. But I'm interested in the story

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
^^^^
Looks like a good one, but it sometimes appears that they did better in some sections in graphics then others. But I'm interested in the story
Agreed. The first gameplay trailer they showed was a disappoinment to me because, it was supposed to blow you away but, the graphics weren't what they were proclaimed to be. And the mouth movements were creepy but, one reason they've delayed it was to polish it up. This trailer, I agree that some things look a little weird but, it's much sharper than the previous two character scenes they showed. They also released some new screens to show how it's all coming along. It looks amazing.

Some things wont be perfect but, the level of detail is going to be outstanding.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-19-2009, 11:31 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heavy Rain looks pretty awesome, I would have never known about it if MOTH didn't bring it up a few times. Definately a game I am waiting for.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Agreed. The first gameplay trailer they showed was a disappoinment to me because, it was supposed to blow you away but, the graphics weren't what they were proclaimed to be. And the mouth movements were creepy but, one reason they've delayed it was to polish it up. This trailer, I agree that some things look a little weird but, it's much sharper than the previous two character scenes they showed. They also released some new screens to show how it's all coming along. It looks amazing.

Some things wont be perfect but, the level of detail is going to be outstanding.
Now that looks good

Quote:
Old 08-25-2009, 12:52 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm in the MAG beta. tough. I have no idea what I'm doing at all.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:54 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
I'm in the MAG beta. tough. I have no idea what I'm doing at all.
Learn as you go

Quote:
Old 08-25-2009, 07:20 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Batman comes out today. I'm going to pick it up after class.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Batman comes out today. I'm going to pick it up after class.
Update us on how it is. I want to pick it up as well.
I'm excited to be able to use the Joker. I wonder how that'll work.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow @ Heavy Rain... when's that coming out??

Old 08-25-2009, 10:31 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Early to early-mid 2010 supposedly.

Most believe 1st quarter. The game is finished, they're just polishing it up now so, it shouldnt see another delay.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-25-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
I already have a PS3 but I'm planning on getting a slim when they come out. The PS3 slim has been "leaked" but who really didn't expect it coming?
I've got an old PS3 (i.e. backwards compatible via hardware), so there's no way I'm bothering with the slim. I have been toying with the idea of upgrading my HDD (you just use a laptop HDD)...anyone have experience with that?
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:55 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Finished Battlefield: Bad Company today. Not bad. Seems to be too short, but pretty good. Being used to COD4 controls helps, but there are some minor differences between the two. More arcadey then a sim, but the story kept me wanting to play more. All in all, can't say I disliked it at all

Quote:
Old 08-26-2009, 12:57 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anybody else have framerate issues with Madden/NCAA on their PS3s? For me, football games will run well until about midway through the second quarter, when it will start to freeze up for a few seconds right before the ball is snapped.

Freezing like this only happens to me on football games...I'm starting to think it's the HDMI cable or something.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

I have had that happen a few times...

And I am wondering how great the Batman game is, don't have the $$$ to buy it yet but I want to rent it soon or something.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:54 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Batman is amazing, played through a few hours of it so far. I've enjoyed every minute of it thus far. I haven't unlocked all of the joker stuff yet, but it doesn't seem all that cool. It's a decent enough distraction from the main game, but it isn't game defining.

Overall, awesome game, can't wait to continue it. Good story, great voice acting, fun gameplay andlots of unlockables.

Quote:
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Old 08-26-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I played the demo for batman, and it feels like it will be an incredibly fun game. I think the story will be really enjoyable.

Too bad I decided to buy 3 games at the beginning of summer and am now saving for a TV, so new games will have to wait until my bday in October and Xmas.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:06 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Playing as the Joker should be as fun as anything, its completely creates a new game and replayability

Quote:
Old 08-26-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Playing as the Joker should be as fun as anything, its completely creates a new game and replayability
You can only use the Joker on a series of challange maps, not the whole game. He doesn't control too differently, just has a couple of quirks that make him unique IMO. The challenge maps are fantastic in general though. A fun little thing on the side if you don't feel like playing the story.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-26-2009, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just rented NHL 2k9, and i gotta say it's very good. I'm looking forward to COD6 and Pro Evolution Soccer 2010.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:56 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Just rented NHL 2k9, and i gotta say it's very good. I'm looking forward to COD6 and Pro Evolution Soccer 2010.
I think its just being called Modern Warefare 2, but I'm not sure

Quote:
Old 08-27-2009, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think its just being called Modern Warefare 2, but I'm not sure
same **** man. COD6 modern warfare 2. Also, mafia 2 look pretty good.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
Batman is amazing, played through a few hours of it so far. I've enjoyed every minute of it thus far. I haven't unlocked all of the joker stuff yet, but it doesn't seem all that cool. It's a decent enough distraction from the main game, but it isn't game defining.

Overall, awesome game, can't wait to continue it. Good story, great voice acting, fun gameplay andlots of unlockables.
Good to hear. I think I'm going to trade in some games so I can get the Batman game.
I think they should definitely give the Joker his own game. I'd buy that without hesitating