Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-13-2009, 12:20 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Uncharted 2 time...

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:35 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJHawk50 View Post
Uncharted 2 time...
I envy you....
Old 10-13-2009, 11:16 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Picked up Uncharted today, but can't play until tomorrow. Stupid midterm to study for. I'm seriously thinking about skipping my final two classes tomorrow to play some uncharted.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:49 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was gonna get Uncharted 2 but I can't put Demon's souls down, its the best PS3 ever.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:27 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN1984 View Post
I was gonna get Uncharted 2 but I can't put Demon's souls down, its the best PS3 ever.
Think I'm going to pick up Demon's Soul this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My buddy bought Uncharted 2 so I'll probably swipe it from him in a couple days. I watched him play it for a while and it looks absolutely amazing. Can't wait to try it out.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've only played for a little while but so far, Uncharted > Uncharted 2.

Drake looks a little different, nothing major but, it's pretty strange. As for graphics, I think the first game actually looks better.. It's actually what I figured because, of the setting. I also prefer the game play of the first game, it feels smoother. It still looks great but, so far it just feels like a different series. Setting up explosive charges, lots of stealth, wiping out military like strong posts. It doesnt seem very Uncharted like. So, I'm a little disappointed thus far.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm thinking about getting that at some point...but I can't put uncharted down. Phenominal game. I lost like 2 hours today without even realizing it.

Demons souls sounds extremely interesting, it's been a while since I've had a RPG that I really enjoyed.

Quote:
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Old 10-14-2009, 09:24 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I've only played for a little while but so far, Uncharted > Uncharted 2.

Drake looks a little different, nothing major but, it's pretty strange. As for graphics, I think the first game actually looks better.. It's actually what I figured because, of the setting. I also prefer the game play of the first game, it feels smoother. It still looks great but, so far it just feels like a different series. Setting up explosive charges, lots of stealth, wiping out military like strong posts. It doesnt seem very Uncharted like. So, I'm a little disappointed thus far.
It gets WAY better. Once you leave that area it got pretty awesome IMO. And I know you don't have online play right now, but the online is excellent.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-18-2009, 04:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uncharted 2 def. gets better as it goes on. I wouldnt say that it looks a whole lot better graphically, than the first game, though. There is a difference but, it's not major. The level of detail is amazing, though. But yeah, it's great...I'm 82% done. Looks like it will be a tad longer than the first game.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I bought Demon's souls yesterday...definately better than uncharted IMO. And I really liked uncharted.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-23-2009, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
I bought Demon's souls yesterday...definately better than uncharted IMO. And I really liked uncharted.
I respectfully disagree. I've played both and Uncharted 2 blows away Demon Soul. At least to me, and I'm more of an RPG person than someone who likes shooting/action adventure games.

Both good games though.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys is it true that the new generation PS3 aka PS3 Slim or w.e. is not going to be backwards compatible?

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:32 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Hey guys is it true that the new generation PS3 aka PS3 Slim or w.e. is not going to be backwards compatible?
I haven't talked to anyone that has it, but that is what has been said from reports.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:16 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I respectfully disagree. I've played both and Uncharted 2 blows away Demon Soul. At least to me, and I'm more of an RPG person than someone who likes shooting/action adventure games.

Both good games though.
My only problem with Uncharted is the story length. It has great pacing but I beat it in 8 hours. I probably play it again, but it is gonna take me five times as long to beat Demon Souls once.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-23-2009, 04:42 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Yeah Uncharted does seem short in length. I have played it off and on and am like 59% done with it. Probably like you 'the decider13'. I do enjoy Uncharted 2 so far. The graphics are similar. It's the same great Uncharted game though. I could tell right off the bat that the shooting is different than the first game. You can see the bullets and when you get hit, it knocks you around a bit. To me, when I started playing it seemed as if the other shooters move towards you more than in the first game. Rather than standing around in the same area, in this one they came right up to you. Also for me, there has been more physical fighting involved than the first game by a large margin.

Also the addition of the stealth attack from behind, I am pretty sure it wasn't in the first game...at least I didn't use it if it did. So that was another change that I noticed. Drake does look different, he has some stubble on his face this time. Overall I really enjoy it though.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
Old 10-23-2009, 04:43 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any of you guys play Borderlands yet? It's supposed to be really good and has a ton of weapons. I guess it's an RPG type FPS where you level up your character and such. It's getting 8's+ on official reviews but user ratings are giving it 9's and 10's

Last edited by WMD : 10-23-2009 at 04:46 PM.
WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Any of you guys play Borderlands yet? It's supposed to be really good and has a ton of weapons. I guess it's an RPG type FPS where you level up your character and such. It's getting 8's+ on official reviews but user ratings are giving it 9's and 10's

Yeah, I'm going to end up buying it on the PC as I have a couple of friends who are grabbing it too so we can play some coop. It sounds pretty amazing. Apparently there are like a billion different types of weapons in the games too.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I haven't talked to anyone that has it, but that is what has been said from reports.
I've wanted to buy 1 but they're really pricey and the $299 ones aren't backwards compatible.....the old gen PS3's are still really heavy on the price tag as well. So i guess imma just buy another PS2

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-23-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

Well I got my regular old PS3 160 GB with Uncharted this past summer and it's not backwards compatible either.

Old 10-23-2009, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJHawk50 View Post
Well I got my regular old PS3 160 GB with Uncharted this past summer and it's not backwards compatible either.
Seriously? A friend let me borrow his a while back...I believe 80GB and his played all my PS2 games

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-23-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Seriously? A friend let me borrow his a while back...I believe 80GB and his played all my PS2 games
Only the original batch of PS3s are backwards compatible. I got mine almost two years ago and it is not.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-23-2009, 06:24 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Only the original batch of PS3s are backwards compatible. I got mine almost two years ago and it is not.
I got mine last April and it plays PS2 games.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:28 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
I got mine last April and it plays PS2 games.
You bought it new and it was backwards compatible? Hmm...I'll have to check it out. As far as I knew it was only the originals. I've never actually tried putting a ps2 game in mine because I thought it didn't play them.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-23-2009, 06:54 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
You bought it new and it was backwards compatible? Hmm...I'll have to check it out. As far as I knew it was only the originals. I've never actually tried putting a ps2 game in mine because I thought it didn't play them.
Yeah, I bought it new. It was one that came packaged with Metal Gear Solid 4.