Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-17-2011, 11:34 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Have you played any of the GTA games? Rockstar makes both Red Dead and GTA, so they are very similar. If you like Red Dead, you'll probably enjoy GTA unless you only like it because it's in the old west.

I think one of the problems is I've now played 4 GTA games, and by the 4th I quit halfway through because it was nothing new. So Red Dead really didn't offer much more besides some of the side missions.
I haven't played them, but I know alot of people like them and when doing research for the game i found out it was the same company. After i finish this game I will prob pick up a used copy of one of them. Whats the best on in your mind?

The west was draw for me at first and one of the reasons I first looked into the game. I have only played a handful of non sports game for the ps3 and Im the type who doesnt buy alot of games. But the ones I do buy I will play for a long time.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:21 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
I haven't played them, but I know alot of people like them and when doing research for the game i found out it was the same company. After i finish this game I will prob pick up a used copy of one of them. Whats the best on in your mind?

The west was draw for me at first and one of the reasons I first looked into the game. I have only played a handful of non sports game for the ps3 and Im the type who doesnt buy alot of games. But the ones I do buy I will play for a long time.
Well the problem is only GTA4 is for PS3. So unless you have a model that lets you play PS2 games or really want to play PS2 again, you have limited choices.

Personally, if you were going to pick between GTA3, Vice City, San Andreas, and GTA4 while disregarding what generation system it's on, San Andreas is the best bet. Although, I loved Vice City most because it wasn't as spread out or drawn out as the others, San Andreas overall was the most entertaining and offers the most.

I still haven't finished GTA4, but only because I got so tired of how the story and scenary pretty much mirrored GTA3 and there was really nothing new. But if you are going to play it as your first ever GTA, I would imagine it being pretty fun.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:04 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Well the problem is only GTA4 is for PS3. So unless you have a model that lets you play PS2 games or really want to play PS2 again, you have limited choices.

Personally, if you were going to pick between GTA3, Vice City, San Andreas, and GTA4 while disregarding what generation system it's on, San Andreas is the best bet. Although, I loved Vice City most because it wasn't as spread out or drawn out as the others, San Andreas overall was the most entertaining and offers the most.

I still haven't finished GTA4, but only because I got so tired of how the story and scenary pretty much mirrored GTA3 and there was really nothing new. But if you are going to play it as your first ever GTA, I would imagine it being pretty fun.
After doing some research and seeing how much I like RDR I'm gonna give GTA4 a try. I have some gift cards for christmas so I will prob wait for the next buy 2 get 1 free used deal at gamestop and get this along with mafia 2.

I have never really got into non sports game on the ps3 that much by RDR has got my intrested pecked again. I loved Resistance fall of man 1 and then didnt like devil may cry 4. I play NCAA about 6 months a year so I need a game to play the other 6 months.

So the ballard of *** tony and the lost and d are expanison packs? what all do they add?
Old 01-18-2011, 11:09 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no idea about the expansion packs since I never got them. But to my knowledge, it will just add extra missions to do. It probably won't be any new features or anything, just new missions. Honestly, if you play the full game, you really don't need an extra 10-20 missions, but if you really like the game and wanna play more than just screwing around, it would be worth it. But don't get any expansion until after you've played and decided how much you like playing.

I think you will enjoy GTA4. It probably has a little bit more of a "video game" feel to it than Red Dead did, but it's fun to play.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 01-18-2011, 11:36 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Sounds like mass effect 2 is gonna be as good as advertised

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/114/1144303p2.html
Old 01-18-2011, 12:27 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
After doing some research and seeing how much I like RDR I'm gonna give GTA4 a try. I have some gift cards for christmas so I will prob wait for the next buy 2 get 1 free used deal at gamestop and get this along with mafia 2.

I have never really got into non sports game on the ps3 that much by RDR has got my intrested pecked again. I loved Resistance fall of man 1 and then didnt like devil may cry 4. I play NCAA about 6 months a year so I need a game to play the other 6 months.

So the ballard of *** tony and the lost and d are expanison packs? what all do they add?
I liked GTA4 better than any of the previous GTAs and Red Dead. The DLC is really fun as well. They're worth the price, they're each around a 1/3 of the size of GTA4. Lost and the Damned was my favorite, you play as a character from the GTA4 story who is in a motorcycle gang.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:52 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

San Andreas was amazing. It's tough for me to put too many action-adventure games above it.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sounds like mass effect 2 is gonna be as good as advertised

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/114/1144303p2.html
Unreal game, any Sony fans, you won't be disappointed.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:37 PM    (permalink
SwagU
Veteran

SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
San Andreas was amazing. It's tough for me to put too many action-adventure games above it.
Still reigns as my favourite video game ever.
SwagU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:53 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vice City is my favorite GTA game.. it's up there with my favorite games ever, not sure where it would rank though.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:57 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

San Andreas and Vice City were awesome but I think what made them so good for me was playing them on PC where you could download custom cars and just generally mod the crap out of it as I was never all that interested in the actual games themselves, was also better than GTA 4 because the control system is so much better on a PC than a console.

I really didn't enjoy GTA 4 and have no real interest in Red Dead as a result as I imagine it's just a Wild West version of the same ol'.

I pretty much have the PS3 for Sports games anyway, if a great RPG comes out I'll give it a shot but I just couldn't fathom playing the vast majority of RPGs on a console over a PC(JRPG being the exceptions) and I can't think of any other genre outside of fighting and racing(neither of which I'm a big fan) that consoles are better for.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:43 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

So I have a question for anyone that's played Fallout New Vegas (and if you've played Fallout 3, it would help)...

I loved Fallout3 and so I recently bought New Vegas. I know Obsidian did developed New Vegas, whereas Bethesda developed Fallout 3, but for the most part everyone said it isn't terribly different.

The one thing I've read that people complained about is that in New Vegas there are invisible walls. I'm worried that this means that even though the game is supposed to be wide open, that there are invisible walls at various points in the game that prevent you from going further/exploring before you complete certain missions. Whereas in Fallout 3, you could explore anywhere whenever you wanted. Am I right in my guess about New Vegas, or is it still like Fallout 3?

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 01-19-2011, 12:53 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
San Andreas and Vice City were awesome but I think what made them so good for me was playing them on PC where you could download custom cars and just generally mod the crap out of it as I was never all that interested in the actual games themselves, was also better than GTA 4 because the control system is so much better on a PC than a console.
GTA4 is available for the PC along with the DLC.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:14 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah but I haven't played it on the PC, only on a PS3 which would obviously take away from the overall enjoyment involved.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 01-20-2011, 12:30 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Co-sign. I actually bought it from the XBL store and have been playing it recently.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:51 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

anyone know when the next buy 2 used get 1 free at gamestop is?
Old 01-20-2011, 10:11 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

another question about a game that everyone has already played, what about heavy rain? It seemed cool and diffrent and the reviews was good i've seen so far.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:11 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
another question about a game that everyone has already played, what about heavy rain? It seemed cool and diffrent and the reviews was good i've seen so far.
I loved it when I played it, but the guy who heads the development is a complete douche, so I can no longer endorse it.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:35 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It's a pretty good game. A points its boring as **** because it seems they ran out of good ideas and put in crap just for length.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:39 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

thanks for the input I downloaded the demo and gonna check it out tonight.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:11 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Quote:
did you people actually play the missions in GTA? i got bored/frustrated about an hour in and spent the rest of my time in the game getting the cops to hate me, then seeing how long i could survive on a motorcycle. the only reason i ever got to even the second area was because a friend played through most of the game.
This describes me, which helps explain why the PC version was so good with custom superbikes that go stupid fast making the survival thing even more fun!

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 02-08-2011, 10:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old post...but whatever.

I just recently played GTA 4 again. And it's a great game. It does get a lot of hate these days. But the story actually is one of its strengths. Apparently a lot of people dont even play the main missions or skip all the cut scenes...but I def. think they're missing out. The story is tons of fun, imo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:45 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone playing the Killzone 3 beta? I'm enjoying it quite a bit when I can actually get on haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:48 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Anyone playing the Killzone 3 beta? I'm enjoying it quite a bit when I can actually get on haha.
is it that good?

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still dont even have my PS3 hooked up to the interwebs. The Killzone 3 kills of the day have looked amazing, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote