Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-08-2011, 11:02 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
is it that good?
It still has the problems the previous one had with input lag and just a general feeling of unresponsiveness. It's not the smoothest car at the track, that's for sure. There's fun to be had though and it's free. I would suggest checking it out as it's a viable shooter.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:15 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright...the only thing completely ******** about Killzone is the enemy name color thing. Shooters are a split second game. I understand it's just for one class, but that's waaay too much of an advantage. Consistently being killed by those people. Don't like that mechanic at all.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-08-2011, 11:17 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
because as soon as a mission takes more than 5 or 6 tries, i'm frustrated and angry.
Just play better. :P

I know what you mean, though. It can get a little annoying, but I didnt really have that problem this time around. I know the first time I played, that Three Leaf Clover mission kicked my ass many a time. I def. wish there was "in mission" saves on some of the longer sequences.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:19 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is the Killzone 2 campaign? Never played it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-08-2011, 11:28 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
How is the Killzone 2 campaign? Never played it.
Me neither. I took one look at the dudebros who star in it + the space nazi's they're fighting and tried the multiplayer. Didn't play it more than a few times though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 02-08-2011 at 11:32 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:34 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They are so many first person shooters out there that I'm not sure which one to get. The only FPS ive played through on this series is resistance 1 and I liked it. I'm only intrested in getting one now here is my list? I don't really play online as Im not good enough to so mostly just to single player campign

Resistance 2
Killzone 2
Mass Effect 2
Call Of Duty - black ops (i havent dont much research on this, but all my friends play it on 360)

* I know most of these games have a new game coming out later this year so thats another added bonus to the top 3
Old 02-09-2011, 08:16 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Mass Effect 2 isnt a 1st person shooter. It's an RPG/TPS. And it's easily the best game you have listed.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-09-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mass Effect 2 isnt a 1st person shooter. It's an RPG/TPS. And it's easily the best game you have listed.
Went and watched some gameplay video on my lunch break as I havent got around to playing the demo yet. How come I want informed the girl from chuck is in this game? That alone is worth my money
Old 02-09-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't for get killzone 3 is about to come out though.I live the FPS games to the 360 since the servers are so much better.Though I'm dying to play DC online.Any one take a snap at that one yet?Hopefully soon with my new job in a month or so I can afford the dam 15 bucks a month fee.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone play Little Big Planet 2 much? I just got it not too long ago and it is quite awesome. Some of the things people have created are absolutely insane.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Went and watched some gameplay video on my lunch break as I havent got around to playing the demo yet. How come I want informed the girl from chuck is in this game? That alone is worth my money
haha. She's a genetically engineered hotty with a huge ass. It's lovely. You can do dirty things to that girl. Or you could bed aliens with tentacles and ****...if that's your thing.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-09-2011, 08:31 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
haha. She's a genetically engineered hotty with a huge ass. It's lovely. You can do dirty things to that girl. Or you could bed aliens with tentacles and ****...if that's your thing.
I totally nailed the mental freak because she was easy but you know I shacked up with Sarah Walker!

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thought about buying Mass Effect 2. Wish it was cheaper.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:39 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Just bead uncharted 1 last night and thought it lived up to the hype. I died aton in the game, but thats bc im not that good of a player. The only thing i didnt really like was the puzzles. Started Mafia 2 last night also
Old 02-11-2011, 01:14 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I <3 Uncharted. Those games are just unreal, the set pieces and the visuals are insane. Nathan Drake may be a mass murdering douche, but he's cool as hell. Fantastic character. You gotta get on Uncharted 2 now. Many consider it the best game on the PS3.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-11-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I <3 Uncharted. Those games are just unreal, the set pieces and the visuals are insane. Nathan Drake may be a mass murdering douche, but he's cool as hell. Fantastic character. You gotta get on Uncharted 2 now. Many consider it the best game on the PS3.
It's a must get for me as I read and see all the reviews and this was before i beat the first one. I'm gonna hold off and see if i get it for v-day first if not I'll go buy it with the gamestop buy 2 get 1 free coupon i got.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:07 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

I'm completely hooked on mafia 2 something about the game just has me not wanting to put it down. I guess its because the story is so well done the action scenes seem like they mean something. I wasn't expecting something great like with uncharted or RDR so maybe that has something to do with it also.

Also used my buy 2 get 1 free coupon over the weekend got uncharted 2, resistance 2 and heavy rain.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
I'm completely hooked on mafia 2 something about the game just has me not wanting to put it down. I guess its because the story is so well done the action scenes seem like they mean something. I wasn't expecting something great like with uncharted or RDR so maybe that has something to do with it also.

Also used my buy 2 get 1 free coupon over the weekend got uncharted 2, resistance 2 and heavy rain.
Nice trio. I beat UnCharted 2. Awesome.
I'm not much of a FPS guy but I want to play Heavy Rain.
I'm just cheap and always wait until it down quite a bit.
It's probably time for me to start checking the local game spot.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:39 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Nice trio. I beat UnCharted 2. Awesome.
I'm not much of a FPS guy but I want to play Heavy Rain.
I'm just cheap and always wait until it down quite a bit.
It's probably time for me to start checking the local game spot.
You can find it used now for 35$ at any gamestop if thats cheap enough for you. I havent started it yet as im waiting to beat mafia 2 first.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I <3 Heavy Rain. I havent really played it again since launch, but it is a fantastic experience. I'll play it again for sure. It's a quality game.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-22-2011, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else grabbing MLB The Show 11 this year? I've been getting it for about 3 years straight as it's one of the best sports games around. This year has 2vs2 online coop so if anyone wants to give that a try it might be awesome!
Old 02-22-2011, 06:06 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I <3 Heavy Rain. I havent really played it again since launch, but it is a fantastic experience. I'll play it again for sure. It's a quality game.
Yeah it's pretty fun. Did you see all the endings? I ended up just watching them all but I really only remember the one I unlocked. I think I'm going to replay that soon actually.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:13 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am beasting New Vegas right now. It's so much easier than Fallout 3. Still fun, but definitely a different feel in terms of atmosphere and story.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Yeah it's pretty fun. Did you see all the endings? I ended up just watching them all but I really only remember the one I unlocked. I think I'm going to replay that soon actually.
I watched a few on youtube. Havent seen them all, I dont think. Yeah, my fondest memories will be of my story. Which is exactly what David Cage and Quantic Dream really hoped would happen. They dont even encourage multiple play throughs, so you can have your own personal story. An odd sell tactic. lol. But Heavy Rain far exceeded sales projections and now they have more money than they know what to do with.

Quantic Dream is one of my favorite developers...even though, David Cage is a douche. I love the work they've done and the direction they've gone. They're big on using/creating new technology and software. They're an innovative group and they envision making this type of game for adults for quite a while. And now they plan on going multi platform as well. I cant wait for their next game.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-22-2011, 06:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I am beasting New Vegas right now. It's so much easier than Fallout 3. Still fun, but definitely a different feel in terms of atmosphere and story.
Easier? In some aspects, sure. But Deathclaws are freaking made of steel now.

I love New Vegas as well. It's a really great game. I just wish Bethesda knew how to properly end their games. Endings are not their strong point, imo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS