Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-22-2011, 06:39 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I love New Vegas as well. It's a really great game. I just wish Bethesda knew how to properly end their games. Endings are not their strong point, imo.
That has always been there style though, the whole open ended gameplay doesn't lead itself to a conclusive ending that wraps it all together.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:42 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just finally sat down in the past week and beat Assassin's Creed 2. What a phenomenal game. Can't wait till Brotherhood drops in price so I can pick that up.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
That has always been there style though, the whole open ended gameplay doesn't lead itself to a conclusive ending that wraps it all together.
Their endings are just weak, though. And New Vegas ends rather abruptly, imo at least. It doesnt have to be all conclusive, but they tend to be rushed and anti-climactic. They can still learn a thing or two here, imo. That said, the journey leading up to the endings are fantastic.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:48 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
I just finally sat down in the past week and beat Assassin's Creed 2. What a phenomenal game. Can't wait till Brotherhood drops in price so I can pick that up.
I'm waiting for the same thing. There are some sequels that I am a little hard on right away...for mass changes and what not. AC2 was not one of them...they nailed just about everything. It really was an excellent game. The same can be said for Dead Space 2...it was a love affair from the start, and it normally takes me a while to warm up to sequels of some of my favorite games.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-22-2011, 06:52 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Easier? In some aspects, sure. But Deathclaws are freaking made of steel now.

I love New Vegas as well. It's a really great game. I just wish Bethesda knew how to properly end their games. Endings are not their strong point, imo.
I should clarify by saying easier as in I have a **** ton of inventory and weapons already and I've barely played. In 3, you have to go through like half the game with ****** guns and no ammo. I just got to Novac, and I already have plasma pistol and rifle, laser pistol and rifle, a mini gun, 5 different kinds of other pistols, 3 types of rifles, and all kinds of explosives. All at at least 60% efficiency and with tons of ammo. I also have more bobby pins than I know what to do with, and nothing is ever locked. In 3, every god damn thing was locked.

I also already have 2 companions, so I just do work in any type of fight.

It's still really fun, but it's a different feel than 3. Also, I haven't come across any vaults...are there any in this one?

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:59 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I should clarify by saying easier as in I have a **** ton of inventory and weapons already and I've barely played. In 3, you have to go through like half the game with ****** guns and no ammo. I just got to Novac, and I already have plasma pistol and rifle, laser pistol and rifle, a mini gun, 5 different kinds of other pistols, 3 types of rifles, and all kinds of explosives. All at at least 60% efficiency and with tons of ammo. I also have more bobby pins than I know what to do with, and nothing is ever locked. In 3, every god damn thing was locked.

I also already have 2 companions, so I just do work in any type of fight.

It's still really fun, but it's a different feel than 3. Also, I haven't come across any vaults...are there any in this one?
There are a couple...off the top of my head, I remember three for sure. But I think there are a few more. I havent played in a while. But yeah, one is over run with plant life, one is an enemy stronghold, and the other is a hotel, that used to be a vault. They def. took a different take on the vaults this time around. They're no longer just copy and pasted versions of the same vault. I love Fallout 3...but there were just too many vaults and tunnel exploration for me. It all got way too tedious. In New Vegas, the vaults are scarce and more unique and there is no real tunnel system to speak of.

As for companions...Boone's a beast.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-22-2011, 07:05 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There are a couple...off the top of my head, I remember three for sure. But I think there are a few more. I havent played in a while. But yeah, one is over run with plant life, one is an enemy stronghold, and the other is a hotel, that used to be a vault. They def. took a different take on the vaults this time around. They're no longer just copy and pasted versions of the same vault. I love Fallout 3...but there were just too many vaults and tunnel exploration for me. It all got way too tedious. In New Vegas, the vaults are scarce and more unique and there is no real tunnel system to speak of.

As for companions...Boone's a beast.
Oh, I have Boone and Ed-E. Ed-E is my homeboy to the point where I'm kinda scared for one fight when he's gonna die.

But yea, I feel like it's more spread out than 3, which is good and bad. I like exploring, so parts of 3 were really fun for me, but the vaults got really old. I also like how in this it's not about you growing up in a vault and like growing with the game, it puts you right in the middle of things. I was worried it would be juts like 3, only in Vegas instead of DC.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 02-22-2011, 11:07 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any one here a MLB the show fan and play the game?Demo hit the store tonight,I am trying to downloading but hell its taking dam long time.Gonna be an over night one here darn it.Was hoping to get a few games in before bed oh well.Tomorrow sure.Any impressions yet for real sports fans here?
Old 02-23-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bulletstorm looks like a good game, anybody read up on it?
Old 02-23-2011, 09:49 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carolina_Flyy add me

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bulletstorm demo was hella fun but apparently the campaign is only 5.5 hours long.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:02 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Bulletstorm demo was hella fun but apparently the campaign is only 5.5 hours long.
Thats way to short of a campaign for me to ever buy since I dont play much online
Old 02-24-2011, 11:34 AM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Any one here a MLB the show fan and play the game?Demo hit the store tonight,I am trying to downloading but hell its taking dam long time.Gonna be an over night one here darn it.Was hoping to get a few games in before bed oh well.Tomorrow sure.Any impressions yet for real sports fans here?
Tell me/us how it is. I'm going to get it. Would just like to see non media feedback on it

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:52 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been playing the hell out of MVC2 and Little Big PLanet 2 lately, can't wait for the Show, it's the only game I'm looking forward too until LA Noire comes out.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:02 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Was planning on playing the Sims 3 until Dragon Age 2 came out...but the game just isnt that fun, imo. The best part of the Sims back in the day, was building your house from scratch. But yeah, there is no sand box mode to speak of...it's kind of involved and not really fun. I just want to create things, really.

So I think I'm gonna go with a God of War 3 run through. I still havent opened it, even though I bought it in like October? haha. I've got a week...should be able to knock it out just fine.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-01-2011, 07:44 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Was planning on playing the Sims 3 until Dragon Age 2 came out...but the game just isnt that fun, imo. The best part of the Sims back in the day, was building your house from scratch. But yeah, there is no sand box mode to speak of...it's kind of involved and not really fun. I just want to create things, really.

So I think I'm gonna go with a God of War 3 run through. I still havent opened it, even though I bought it in like October? haha. I've got a week...should be able to knock it out just fine.
You'll be done in about 3-4 days depending how much you play. GOW3 is really short compared to the first 2. Still fun, but definitely not the same as the first 2.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-01-2011, 09:22 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip View Post
Tell me/us how it is. I'm going to get it. Would just like to see non media feedback on it
I will certainly do.I will have it next Tue on release day for sure.I've been playing the hell out of the demo and love the new analog controls for hitting and pitching only.Graphics are far better this year and so is the throwing motion of the players.Commentary hasn't been **** tho its still the same ole crap just one new person doing it.But they have gotten the presentation down big time and game play too.I will post up more next week for sure.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:29 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
You'll be done in about 3-4 days depending how much you play. GOW3 is really short compared to the first 2. Still fun, but definitely not the same as the first 2.
You got me curious, so I popped in my God of War Collection and checked out my completed game saves.

God of War: 7 Hours : 53 Minutes

God of War 2: 11 Hours : 12 Minutes

Pretty typical lengths for modern action games.

When it comes to God of War and say, Uncharted, I think the games actually feel a lot longer than their run times. Maybe because so much action is crammed into that time frame. Uncharted is another that runs about 8 hours. It will be interesting to see if I notice how much shorter God of War 3 is. 8 Hours is pretty much the typical length of an action game like this...I'll even admit that God of War 2 felt long. But they certainly pulled it off. While it's disappointing to hear such and such game isnt very long. In reality, a great action game only really needs to be about 8 or so hours. Some games have failed at trying to extend sequences or chapters with filler just to add to the game length and it lowers the quality. Alan Wake fell victim to this as well. Although, it is a good game overall.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-02-2011 at 01:33 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:35 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GOW3 was kind of a big letdown for me. You can tell some idiot bigwig didn't want to give them any more development time so they had to rush the ending. A lot. I really loved that series but GOW3 was a real bummer.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:10 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Did the DL finish for you? I'm going to get it a few weeks after it comes out anyway. But is the joystick pitching/hitting easy to learn?

Anyone pick up killzone 3. Fun. But if your a call of duty player it might take a few play throughs (online & off) to get used to it

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip View Post
Did the DL finish for you? I'm going to get it a few weeks after it comes out anyway. But is the joystick pitching/hitting easy to learn?

Anyone pick up killzone 3. Fun. But if your a call of duty player it might take a few play throughs (online & off) to get used to it
The pitching part of the new analog is very easy to learn and super fun.But the hitting takes a little time but does get better.You won't be hitting no HR's yours first game that is for sure.It is all on timing and knowing where your pitches are going.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:57 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'm about 4 hours into God of War 3...it's absolutely amazing so far. I just killed another god. Speaking of, they really outdid themselves with these death scenes. lol. I'm loving it.

The gameplay has always been almost perfect, so it's nice to see them leave damn near everything the same here. The formula just works beautifully. There are a lot of GOW of clones, but the standard Sony Santa Monica sets is just unreal and unmatched in the genre. I love how all three games just have that distinct feel. While other series will feel different from game to game with sometimes radical changes, God of War is just consistent throughout, and yet, still fresh with each game. Gotta love it.

I also have to say, it's nice to play a game where I dont have to worry about achievements in the back of my mind. I dont give a damn about trophies...I just play PS3 games for the fun of it and the experience. And while I do this on the 360 as well...I def. can get sidetracked and just waste time, on what are, in the end, just pointless achievements.

God of War isnt quite finished yet, I've heard. It's too much of a money maker and Kratos is too iconic for them to just shelf it. But yeah, I'm really looking forward to seeing what they come up with after the God of War series. Fantastic developer.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-03-2011 at 05:08 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:39 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Just beat God of War 3...took me just over 9 hours.

Honestly, I dont get the hate at all by some fans. The game was absolutely outstanding. The sheer sense of power that Kratos has is insane. Really does feel like you're controlling a god. haha. Such a beast.

I really dont get how you can be let down by this one.

edit...also, I figure it's about damn time every game comes with special video features ala God of War. Seems like it's been a long time coming...off the top of my head the only games I have that have these are God of War and Uncharted. I love watching the making of videos and all that other good stuff. I realllly want to see these for Mass Effect 3, lets go Bioware! :)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-06-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:54 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kind of funny, but the only GoW game I've played is Chains of Olympus for PSP, which is a prequel to GoW1 (and it was awesome - perfect game for the PSP). I keep meaning to get the collection so I can continue my sequential playthrough.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Gotta get on that, my friend. :)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS