Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

View Poll Results: Better player
Rey Maualuga 52 68.42%
James Laruanitis(f'n sp) 18 23.68%
too close(tie) 6 7.89%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Rey Maualuga vs. James Lauranitis(sp?)

Rey Maualuga vs. James Lauranitis(sp?)

I find them very similiar in alot of ways. Too very aggressive linebackers around 6-3 250 who will be a keystone for their respected teams this year. I personally have not seen enough of James to make a desicion, so i'll ask you who you think is the better player.

...Unfortunatley due to the amount of Big Ten fans on here this could get ugly.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maualuga, but only cause he has better physical tools. Both their instincts suck.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
Maualuga, but only cause he has better physical tools. Both their instincts suck.

Instincts? Probably the best trait for the both.
Both do get caught out of position though.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
LB51

Rey

Better physical tools
i think James is overrated due to the picks from last yr
Old 07-10-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777 View Post
Instincts? Probably the best trait for the both.
Both do get caught out of position though.
Laurainitis..

If your looking for sheer size/power.. Maualaga...

Laurainitis.. has a little trouble getting of blocks.. but he's much more instinctive.

When it was an important game... USC Played Oscar Lua because his instincts and his quick thinking put him into position. If they were ahead or playing an inferior opponent... Maualaga would be out there cracking skulls.

for a 3-4 team either would be a great pickup. Though I think Laurainitis has the leadership ability.... while Maualaga just seems to be a head hunter.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:11 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

Oscar Lua replaced Rey on running downs/short yard conversions. Not because of his instincts, but because Lua was one of the best run stoppers in the NCAA. And from your leadership and 3-4 ordeal I seriously have to question how much you know about Reys game.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:32 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Lil' Animal" needs to work on coming off his blocks. He is good against the run and one of the best in the country against the pass as a MLB. I think James might be a higher draft pick than Rey b/c of his fluidity and the fact that he is fast enough and good enough in coverage to play OLB. Just becaues of the sheer fact that JL made the most plays and was/is the leader of the Buckeye defense, he is the top LB of the two.

But I really like Rey. He's a hard hard hitter and is good in run defense. He'll be a really really good pro. But b/c Rey is as hard of a hitter as Brian Urlacher and AJ Hawk are he's right there neck and neck with JL.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

You realize Rey is probably faster then James right?
Old 07-10-2007, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take Rey, please.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rey. I like Laurinaitis though I feel he may be a little overrated. Rey just hits like a tank and seems to play faster than James. I don't think you can really go wrong with either one.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:04 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

You of all people should know it's not even close.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by moc182 View Post
You of all people should know it's not even close.

I was trying to wake up the big 10 homers. :p
Old 07-10-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
MNRunLeft
Rookie

MNRunLeft hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NTct4-vvh...elated&search=
MNRunLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The main reason i would go with Laurinaitis over Rey is the fact that Laurinaitis reminds me of AJ Hawk and Paul Poz in the fact that they would excel in any Lb spot, in any system. Rey seems to be strictly a MLB. Not that that's a bad thing, I just prefer the flexibility of being able to play Laurinaitis inside or outside
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

ill take rey rey thanks, great size and speed, plus the hit on Cowen says it all lol.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:33 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that Rey is more of a disruptor and is certainly the more explosive athlete, but I'm reserving judgment on Laurinaitis. From what I saw last year, a lot of those turnovers kinda fell into his hands, and while he was certainly in a fortuitous position for that the happen, I'm not sure he can repeat. He doesn't really work through traffic all that well, which is going to be a pretty big problem if he plays inside at the next level.

Rey has his problems, but if I had to pick which one projects better to the pros, it would be Maualuga, no question.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:31 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People under rate james nowadays. He was a benefactor of some INTs FFs and Frs. But he is a smart kid out there, aggressive (yes a litle weak in the upper body). Has quickness and footbal intelligence. I think if he get stronger he could be a Vrableesque linebacker that can play inside or out in a 3-4
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:15 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But JL has this in his blood :)

It's always good to get Legion of Doom on Michigan for an Ohio State Linebacker.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:21 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rey b/c I hate Ohio State

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe Rey Maualuga does have some character concerns so that may drop him a little bit.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And who do you think is the best LB between Rivers and Maualuga?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post

Rey has the upside to be twice what Rivers is.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:38 PM    (permalink
MNRunLeft
Rookie

MNRunLeft hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
I like Rivers as a Cover 2 LB, but Rey's got the potential to be a real game chaanger in the middle.
MNRunLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Man rey will be scary at the next level... only reason his productioni isnt eye popping is because he plays on a defence with like 8 possible all americans and all three linebackers will probably be first round picks

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

neither LB are alike at all IMO.....but i'd prolly take Rey

-sig by jkpigskin
-black is offline   Reply With Quote