Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-12-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

man i actualyl really like those UNI's// ya it would be sad if they didnt own the teams

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The No. 1 receiver goes to my school. :)
Old 07-12-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bet if the South Pacific Islands came up with a team they'd be BEASTLY!

I'd like to see Africa field a team. I'm sure Japan can find some Sumo Wrestlers to battle it out in the trenches.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
I bet if the South Pacific Islands came up with a team they'd be BEASTLY!

I'd like to see Africa field a team. I'm sure Japan can find some Sumo Wrestlers to battle it out in the trenches.
man with all the sprinters that come out of africa... can you imagine the 40 times?!?!... stops to clean up drool

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 07-12-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Their slowest skill guy would be running in the 4.3's lol
South Africa and Egypt would probably be the only two w/ teams though

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Their slowest skill guy would be running in the 4.3's lol
South Africa and Egypt would probably be the only two w/ teams though
ya... but still thats some fast teams... although their lines might be hurting a littel bit... but hey when your linebackers are all running 4.2's your in good shape haha

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 07-12-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
don't worry, once OUR sport catches on around the world we'll start losing. take basketball for example.
We lose at basketball because 10 outta our top 13 players dont attend and we play by completely different european rules which play into the hands of the other teams. Look what happens when foreigners that are the best in the european league come to play in the NBA, with the exceptions of Dirk, Yao and some others the vast majority fail and end up back over seas where there old teams hold grudges against them for leaving in the first place.

We send acouple college players over there also, think if Kobe, a healthy Shaq, Duncan, Lebron, Wade, Garnett, Stoudamire, Howard, Redd, Kidd, etc....all actually showed up to support their country enstead of making up excuses why they need to rest. I know some of those players are allready making the comitment etc, but they allways back out.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
ya... but still thats some fast teams... although their lines might be hurting a littel bit... but hey when your linebackers are all running 4.2's your in good shape haha
Those Africans and Kenyens arent fast, they can just run forever because of the heat there trained in. They would get killed in a speed race, but dominate in a long distance one ala Boston marathon.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if a HS team could beat the best of the other countires?

-sig by jkpigskin
-black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:56 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
man with all the sprinters that come out of africa... can you imagine the 40 times?!?!... stops to clean up drool
Very, very few sprinters come out of Africa. They may be of African descent, but they are, almost exclusively, from the western hemisphere. Just because they are black doesn't mean they are fast, in fact, it is an argument for race having nothing to do with athleticism, but if anymore is said on that subject, this thread will get locked.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LMAO. Funny... I'm Korean and have been in South Korea for the past couple months and I didn't even know football existed here...... The only trace of football in Korea are pictures of Hines Ward lol. Good job to America I guess... but it's not saying that much imo since not much of the world really plays football. Let's see how America does in the real world cup instead.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:39 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionSmack View Post
Get over yourself. The basic story is, football is starting to have international tournaments and our boys are going over there and wrecking some ass. I'm proud of that, period. Go burn a flag, pinko.

Did everyone read the whole article? Check this first-half recap:

lol owned
um... huh?? you didn't even prove anything. and you made a hasty generalization by calling me unpatriotic for saying that we should win international "american" football games?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:11 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy View Post
LMAO. Funny... I'm Korean and have been in South Korea for the past couple months and I didn't even know football existed here...... The only trace of football in Korea are pictures of Hines Ward lol. Good job to America I guess... but it's not saying that much imo since not much of the world really plays football. Let's see how America does in the real world cup instead.
You mean the one we're kicking ass in right now

As Homer Simpson, Stephen Colbert, and many other great Americans would say...
USA
USA
USA

USA
USA
USA

USA
USA
USA

USA
USA
USA

USA
USA
USA

Old 07-13-2007, 01:38 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLERSANTA View Post
Or an All-Pro team, it would be 77-0 at the end of the 1st!
How much is the record for an Arena Football game or a CFL game?

If an All-Pro team went international, then it'd break that.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:50 AM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -black View Post
I wonder if a HS team could beat the best of the other countires?
Probabally, think of Marc Tyler and Clausen's high school last year, they are better than the US team

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:54 AM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
I think it is more like failed NFL players :P
lmao, more like failed college players

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:26 AM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

ncstateviking hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

if america wanted to, i feel like we would be the best at any sport we wanted to. think about it, america is either THE, or one of the, team to be in ever competition. our talented athletes go into how many different sports? even as it is, if we sent a real team, either our best players, or a real championship team, and played by either our rules, or gave proper time adapting to different rules, we would win most every championship as it is. certainly we could produce the best basketball, baseball, and football team.

and with our top athletes going into those 3 sports, we are still top contenders in hockey. so brazil can beat us in soccer, what would happen in baseball, football, or basketball? sure argentina has lucked into beating us in basketball for the reasons i just named, what would happen if we played them in baseball, football, and hockey? whatever sport america has as "its sport" we will dominate easily. our talent is spread out among so many sports that some countries with one or two specialties will be able to compete with us. but if all the professional athletes in america had trained in the same sport since they were little, do you really think they wouldnt produce the best team sports has ever seen?
ncstateviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:47 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncstateviking View Post
if america wanted to, i feel like we would be the best at any sport we wanted to. think about it, america is either THE, or one of the, team to be in ever competition. our talented athletes go into how many different sports? even as it is, if we sent a real team, either our best players, or a real championship team, and played by either our rules, or gave proper time adapting to different rules, we would win most every championship as it is. certainly we could produce the best basketball, baseball, and football team.

and with our top athletes going into those 3 sports, we are still top contenders in hockey. so brazil can beat us in soccer, what would happen in baseball, football, or basketball? sure argentina has lucked into beating us in basketball for the reasons i just named, what would happen if we played them in baseball, football, and hockey? whatever sport america has as "its sport" we will dominate easily. our talent is spread out among so many sports that some countries with one or two specialties will be able to compete with us. but if all the professional athletes in america had trained in the same sport since they were little, do you really think they wouldnt produce the best team sports has ever seen?
You have to realize our best players in each sport don't even play in the international competition. Most of our best basketball players don't play, if we put together another Dream Team, we would beat any team out there. If we put the baseball equivalent of a dream team together we would win. Hockey, we are always one of the top teams. We are moving up in soccer, it will still be a while, but eventually we will compete for the world cup. We don't need to specialize, we just need our best team to compete.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
You have to realize our best players in each sport don't even play in the international competition. Most of our best basketball players don't play, if we put together another Dream Team, we would beat any team out there. If we put the baseball equivalent of a dream team together we would win. Hockey, we are always one of the top teams. We are moving up in soccer, it will still be a while, but eventually we will compete for the world cup. We don't need to specialize, we just need our best team to compete.
QFT.. Most guys are financially set in their respective sport's leagues.. Most don't want to play for the country, no matter how prestigious the honor is. If we were to put together a dream team in every single sport we compete in, we would most definatley be the nation to envy in every international competition. I'm not to sure about soccer or rugby just yet, but we are surely making the right steps to get where we need to be.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:47 AM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Thats right team USA's starting QB went to TCU, however i dont know whether i should be proud of him here

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

No idea if this is even related to these football games, but NFLN has USA vs Japan 1 EST on the 26th.

Just a little heads up.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

I thought we already won the whole shabang

Old 07-24-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
I thought we already won the whole shabang
Probably old then, I was watching Total Access and this popped up so I thought of this thread lol.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The US should be better at every sport because we recruit the best people from every country.....
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:56 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaline View Post
The US should be better at every sport because we recruit the best people from every country.....
yeah but the foreigners we recruit go to their own country in the olympics