Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum

Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum Discuss the Jaguars

Old 04-15-2010, 11:10 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.

Seattle signs Mike Williams over Reggie Williams.

God bless you Shack Harris. Somewhere Matt Jones is...doing something very wrong.

sig by jkpigskin
garrard9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:38 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.

Just watched some game tape from the top 2010 DE's. Saw Morgan, Griffen, Graham, Pierre-Paul, and small school guy Alex Carrington.

Graham is the most impressive.

sig by jkpigskin
Old 04-16-2010, 07:55 AM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Aurawolf hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrard9 View Post
Seattle signs Mike Williams over Reggie Williams.

God bless you Shack Harris. Somewhere Matt Jones is...doing something very wrong.
Matt Jones did something bad, he signed with the bengals. Anyway I guess Pete Carroll thinks since he controlled him at USC he can control him now and make him a star. From what i have heard they are still interested in Reggie not that it matters to us we don't get anything for it.
Aurawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seattle signed both, I guess. I wouldn't be surprised if neither made the team.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 03:08 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
Seattle signed both, I guess. I wouldn't be surprised if neither made the team.
Hey Pete Carroll, this isn't college anymore.

sig by jkpigskin
Old 04-17-2010, 10:18 AM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

The only scenario where I don't want to trade down is if Eric Berry is somehow available. How does the draft shake out for that to happen? Maybe Cleveland shocks and goes with Clausen at 7?

sig by jkpigskin
Old 04-17-2010, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The only scenario where I don't want to trade down is if Eric Berry is somehow available. How does the draft shake out for that to happen? Maybe Cleveland shocks and goes with Clausen at 7?
Yeah, if they go with Clausen, Al Davis always goes with need and he won't see safety as a need. Buffalo can't afford to pass on a lineman. Plus Whitner and Byrd are young and very good.

Don't forget about KC. I'd bet Dan Williams or Rolando McClain based on Pioli's tendencies, but you can't rule out Berry.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
Yeah, if they go with Clausen, Al Davis always goes with need and he won't see safety as a need. Buffalo can't afford to pass on a lineman. Plus Whitner and Byrd are young and very good.

Don't forget about KC. I'd bet Dan Williams or Rolando McClain based on Pioli's tendencies, but you can't rule out Berry.
I don't see McClain going 5th. That would be very surprising.

sig by jkpigskin
Old 04-18-2010, 02:07 AM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cross your collective fingers and hope for an OT run in the top 10. If 3 or 4 tackles are drafted, along with Suh, McCoy and Bradford, it will go a long way in helping the Jags get their man/trade.

Check out Black & Teal for all of your Jaguars needs!

Follow me on twitter @ooonooo904
The Linebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

I still think we trade down if Berry is there, the Eagles want him bad and we could probably get what we want from them. Plus, safety is not a premium position and a 10 pick on a safety has not turned out all the well for the teams that do it. I think Alexander and Smith are good safeties, maybe not the best but with our improved pass rush they should be capable enough to do the job back there.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:52 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurawolf View Post
I still think we trade down if Berry is there, the Eagles want him bad and we could probably get what we want from them. Plus, safety is not a premium position and a 10 pick on a safety has not turned out all the well for the teams that do it. I think Alexander and Smith are good safeties, maybe not the best but with our improved pass rush they should be capable enough to do the job back there.
I agree on that last part because as we all know a nice pass rush masks a subpar secondary. I just think that you can't pass up Berry unless the offer is amazing. Would you trade down or draft the next Ed Reed?

sig by jkpigskin
Old 04-18-2010, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Quote:
I agree on that last part because as we all know a nice pass rush masks a subpar secondary. I just think that you can't pass up Berry unless the offer is amazing. Would you trade down or draft the next Ed Reed?
I understand that want for the guy, he is a good prospect. My concern is no safety should be selected in the top 10 it is just the position doesn't warrant the pick. When you look at when the best safeties have been picked it is usually 16-32 in the first round. Like I said though if he is there I think the Eagles will give us what we want to get him. Let them deal with paying him top 10 cash.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Making out a mock so I don't have to study. Throw out any ideas, concerns, whatever you want about it. This is assuming we don't trade back due to the player still on the board.

1.10 Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame 6'3" 222 lbs

They pull the trigger on a guy they've studied extensively. Garrard probably gets cut before the season because of how ready Clausen is to start.

3.10 Donald Butler, ILB, Washington 6'1" 245 lbs

Butler is a defensive leader who can start right away. Completes a good trio with Durant and Smith.

4.10 Shawn Lauvao, OG, Arizona State, 6'3" 315 lbs

Excellent pass blocker who steps in at LG. Nwaneri to C. Manuwai to RG. Meester is the odd man out.

5.12 Quentin Scott, FS, Northern Iowa, 6'4" 224 lbs

I have no basis for this player. I've never seen him play. But he has the size and speed to contribute on special teams and any FS here in the 5th that they like should be able to push Nelson right away. Maybe Robert Johnson or Jonathan Amaya could be guys they like.

6.11 Deji Karim, RB, Southern Illinois, 5'9" 209 lbs

Explosive back to complete the backfield.

6.34 Brandon Deaderick, DT, Alabama 6'4" 314 lbs

I know he played in the 3-4 in college, but I love this guy. Tough lineman who seems like a great person. I'm not sure why he's supposedly a late round pick.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:58 AM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like it Unbiased. My only issue is there might be too many skill position players being drafted. I'm staunchly with GM Gene when he says it starts with big men, but besides that I like the picks.

Old 04-19-2010, 07:03 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

I wonder what makes Tim Tebow a great NFL prospect. Is it his new throwing motion or lack of experience reading coverage.

I respect the guy a ton, can't and won't say anything negative except when it comes to actual football skills. Most people say, "O in two or three years..." how many QB prospects had way more ability than him and didn't make it.

In college hard work can win games your not supposed to be in. In the NFL, it takes talent and preparation.

I think Tebow's deficiencies outweigh his heart and desire to succeed. Truthfully, I could see him leaving football and being a missionary and all the christian stuff that comes with it.

sig by jkpigskin
Old 04-20-2010, 05:31 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

Tebow's a good NFL prospect (not necessarily QB prospect) because he has great athletic ability with decent speed. Good football instincts and good arm strength.

Like you said though his QB skills are AVERAGE. Still a longer release than people like, has trouble reading defenses.

What people seem to love is his popularity/polarizing charisma. He has great determination, but I doubt people in the NFL will follow him.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:06 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

Jags sked released. I'm be at grad school at Syracuse so I'll probably go to the Buffalo and NYG game. very nice.

sig by jkpigskin
Old 04-20-2010, 06:08 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

And we got a Monday nighter!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

vs Titans week 6. My god jacksonville is hosting a monday night game.

As my elders would say, "oy vey"

sig by jkpigskin
Old 04-20-2010, 06:40 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I like the schedule. I'll probably go to the Redskins game on the 26th because my dad's a Redskins' fan. I'll think about others...kinda want to do the opener with the Broncos, the Monday Nighter, and the good ol' Colts game.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

Groves traded to Oakland for 5th rounder.

sig by jkpigskin
Old 04-21-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Instead of going to Jax in the summer like I do every other year, I think I'm gonna postpone vacation till September and go to one of those games in the opening month.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Quote:
Groves traded to Oakland for 5th rounder.
I saw this earlier on the offical forums, looks like Gene is starting to stockpile picks. Tomorrow can't get here fast enough.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:52 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

look at it this way... we just got the same compensation as Pitt got for Holmes and Detroit got for Sims..... nice!

Old 04-22-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
molenguinurtle
Rookie

molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@ Unbiased

I would absolutely love Clausen and Butler as our first 2 picks.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:03 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

Wow. Alualu. Don't know what to say. Gotta prove his worth.

sig by jkpigskin