Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum

Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum Discuss the Jaguars

Old 04-22-2010, 08:05 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel for you guys

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the player. Don't like where we took him. Let's get a 3rd for Henderson. Maybe New Orleans or NYG?
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Aurawolf hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I am ok with it now that the dust has settled, I think he is a solid reliable player who willbe a starter for this team for years. He was considered by many to be a first round pick so it isn't as far as a reach as some have made it out to be, it does seem like a bit of a reach though.

I look forward to next year if he plays like Knighton did in his rookie season there are going to be alot of analyst eating their words.
Aurawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:24 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

totally weak sauce pick. He might be good, but he's such a reach.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Starting OTs and DTs for a decade in back to back drafts. Awesome, and I feel like he's the type of guy who will be a fan favorite.

Who do you think the 3rd round pick will be? I'm thinking the DE from Washington or a C/G. Maybe a LB they really like.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:33 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
Starting OTs and DTs for a decade in back to back drafts. Awesome, and I feel like he's the type of guy who will be a fan favorite.

Who do you think the 3rd round pick will be? I'm thinking the DE from Washington or a C/G. Maybe a LB they really like.
Depends on the pick they get for Henderson (if they do indeed trade him).

Probably LB or S. Daryl Washington if he falls. Personally I like Chad Jones. A big physical hitter but who knows. Crazy draft lots of trades.

Thoughts on new format? Definitely allows for more trade talks.

sig by jkpigskin
garrard9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:34 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.

While I'm at it I'll say watch out for Myron Rolle. Maybe in the 3rd?

sig by jkpigskin
Old 04-22-2010, 11:52 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya Rolle is pretty much a lock to be a Jag.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:04 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quoting myself from the Draft Day Discussion thread:

" Positive of the Alualu situation: Gene Smith picked Derek Cox and Terrance Knighton last year. Both were considered reaches (Mel Kiper didn't even have him drafted). Both are good young players.

Also, Alualu is a good player. He was just a huge reach.

By the way, Gene Smith isn't a BAP guy. He's not a need guy either. I think a third category isn't talked about: he's a "get-my-guy" drafter. Get-my-guy drafting involves heavily targeting a certain player, which can result in reaches. Last year and today illustrate that."

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 04-23-2010, 12:09 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Quoting myself from the Draft Day Discussion thread:

" Positive of the Alualu situation: Gene Smith picked Derek Cox and Terrance Knighton last year. Both were considered reaches (Mel Kiper didn't even have him drafted). Both are good young players.

Also, Alualu is a good player. He was just a huge reach.

By the way, Gene Smith isn't a BAP guy. He's not a need guy either. I think a third category isn't talked about: he's a "get-my-guy" drafter. Get-my-guy drafting involves heavily targeting a certain player, which can result in reaches. Last year and today illustrate that."

Yea but those other two players you listed weren't 1st rounders, let alone top 10 picks. That makes the actual reach itself not as important.

Alualu is a very good player actually, but I just don't think it was taking advantage of player values, even if you took a lesser value to move down, but you could of gotten him around 20 most likely. In the process picked up at least a couple 3rds, or a 2nd and a 4th. That's pretty valuable in this draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:31 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

I was stating them in terms of Gene Smith's judgment in general. But you're right.

Also, I pretty sure they wanted to trade down and simply were unable to.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 04-23-2010, 12:47 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm liking Alualu, though we probably reached a bit to get him.

Guy to watch out for in the mid rounds is Chris Cook from Virginia. Everything I've seen about the guy strikes me as him being a Gene Smith sort of player.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

What is going around was the Jags were getting offers for trades in the 20s and New England wanted Alualu, the Jags were worried the Pats would jump up and grab him if they traded back that far.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:09 AM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

If you want a hint on who would be on the Jags board. Figure out who was a team captain this past season in college. I think almost every '09 pick was a team captain.

sig by jkpigskin
Old 04-23-2010, 10:11 AM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

Another thing, the more I get into the journalism world the more I realize that the you can't criticize Alualu bc he was "a late first rounder on most media mock draft boards."

That's basically like me eventually working my way into a senior football writer position. These guys make a mock draft based on need and whatever the team tells them.

In Gene Smith I trust and as much as I hate to say it I think if we get a 2nd rounder for Big John we gotta pull the trigger.

sig by jkpigskin
Old 04-23-2010, 05:42 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrard9 View Post
If you want a hint on who would be on the Jags board. Figure out who was a team captain this past season in college. I think almost every '09 pick was a team captain.
I don't think Mike Thomas was a team captain, but he was a four-year starter with no character issues and that's plenty good enough.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:32 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
I don't think Mike Thomas was a team captain, but he was a four-year starter with no character issues and that's plenty good enough.
Your right he wasn't but he was a parking attendant at church. nuff said.

sig by jkpigskin
Old 04-23-2010, 08:08 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

another DT! D'Anthony Smith!. Henderson is all but gone...
The Linebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:10 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

... Welp. Defensive Tackle Two: Electric Boogaloo.

Gene Smith really likes to stick to his guns and pick consecutive big uglies at the same position, I suppose.

Henderson will be traded before the night is out.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:24 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

I'm so ******* confused. John Henderson has yet to be traded, and they draft two DTs?

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 04-23-2010, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

I am just enjoying the ride and not taking anything to seriously anymore. Whatever Gene Smith has planned I hope it works out for us.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

I envision Smith and Alualu playing next to each other on obvious passing downs. It sounds like he really has confidence that they can both win 1-on-1 battles.

I'm hoping for Newhouse in round 4. Norwood would be a great pick, though. Could find a spot for him.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:48 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with ya, Aura. Although, I wish everyone else trusted a trained professional over their own opinions...
The Linebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:48 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

D'Anthony Smith is a two-time team captain (GM Gene said it in the presser).

I'm telling you he loves that leadership stuff. Would you trade Henderson for a 4th rounder? If it's early enough to grab a Corey Wooten I would do it.

sig by jkpigskin
Old 04-24-2010, 01:17 AM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

I think we are getting to the point where the value for Henderson trade starts to get outweighed by his value to the team. There might still be a trade early tomorrow but after our pick in the 4th I think that is where the vaule ends. If Gene is really shopping around all of our players I would like to see Ingram get traded and Nelson.