Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum

Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum Discuss the Jaguars

Old 04-24-2010, 11:23 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By now he has to be traded for some pick next year or a player.

Oh btw, Kirk Morrison!

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Aurawolf hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I am interested in who we pick up on undrafter free agent, I will copy and paste my list from the offical forums to here see what you guys think.

Blair White, WR Mich State This guy is a good route runner with decent speed and great hands, couple that he has outstanding work ethic.

Kyle McCarthy Safety Notre Dame can tackle ok speed and has decent coverage skills, some upside good size.

Trevor Harris QB Edinboro, I have a feeling this was the Jags pick for a QB and figured he wouldn't get drafted, they had a private workout with the guy and though he hasn't played top compitition he has everything you want in a QB

Tony Washington OT Abilene State, Big strong tackle that can get bigger and stronger. I think he is a true tackle and would just be for more depth.

Cirion Black, OT LSU, Suprised he is here, can be dominate tackle but I think he can move in to gaurd with his size and strength.

Micah Johnson LB kentucky, This guy has lots of upside and can play inside or outside, big and strong he can help with the run. Also a decent special teamer.

Donovan Warren, DB Michagin, He can play safety or corner, not super fast but good size and decent instincts.
Aurawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:57 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In addition to Aurawolf's list above I'd like the Jags to look at Sergio Render and Jevan Snead (why not, he's got a lot more talent than your usual camp fodder arm).
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:28 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
In addition to Aurawolf's list above I'd like the Jags to look at Sergio Render and Jevan Snead (why not, he's got a lot more talent than your usual camp fodder arm).
I'll throw UConn DE Lindsay Witten onto the wish list as well. Should be interesting to see what Gene does. Russell Allen was the surprise contributor last year.

sig by jkpigskin
garrard9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.

found complete list:

Pos. Name Ht. Wt. Age College

OT Daniel Baldridge 6-8 311 24 Marshall

LB Kyle Bosworth 6-1 236 23 UCLA

TE Mike Caussin 6-5 252 23 James Madison

LB Jacob Cutrera 6-3 238 21 Louisiana State

OC John Estes 6-2 302 23 Hawaii

CB Josh Gordy 5-11 195 23 Central Michigan

WR Jason Harmon 6-2 214 23 Florida Atlantic

QB Trevor Harris 6-2 223 23 Edinboro

OT Kevin Haslam 6-5 304 23 Rutgers

CB Chris Hawkins 6-0 186 24 Louisiana State

RB Chad Kackert 5-9 199 23 New Hampshire

P Robert Malone 6-2 234 22 Fresno State

WR Chris McGaha 6-1 199 23 Arizona State

DT Kommonya Quaye 6-1 305 22 South Dakota
FB Ben Stallings 5-10 248 22 Lambuth

WR Roren Thomas 5-10 172 22 Lindenwood

FS Terrell Whitehead 6-1 194 Norfolk

sig by jkpigskin
Old 04-24-2010, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was Whitehead a teammate of Don Carey? He should have a decent chance to contribute.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:19 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
Was Whitehead a teammate of Don Carey? He should have a decent chance to contribute.
I would assume he was. Seems like he could make a practice squad.

Here is how I see this draft:

Gene Smith beefed up the defensive line (it occurs to me that he loves DL that have good verticals. That was Knighton last year and Smith this year)

Picked up Kirk Morrison who's gonna be a stud next to Smith and Durant.

And he bascially got a 4th round pick for Groves. Nice work.

On to my next question, who are you most excited to see in minicamp? Truthfully I'm interested in seeing Dillard and Zach Miller.

sig by jkpigskin
Old 04-25-2010, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

I want to see Alualu versus Manuwai in the Oklahoma, lets see what the kid really has.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:04 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to Shefter's Twitter: One other Jaguars note - the team also withdrew its tender offer to linebacker Clint Ingram, making him an unrestricted free agent.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

According the Schefter also they are going to release Big Hen today. The Ingram thing isn't suprising he was pitching a fit and not signing his tender anyway why both keeping the door open he already burned his bridge.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:56 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All these things make total sense.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:29 AM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Starting D next year.

DE - Kampman/Hayward/Hart
DT - Alualu/Smith
DT - Knighton/Ellison
DE - Harvey/Lane/Mincey/Williams
SLB - Daryl Smith/Allen
MLB - Morrison/Allen
WLB - Durant/Allen
CB - Mathis/Brackenridge/Middleton
FS - Alexander/Nelson/Greene
SS - Anthony Smith/Seansidine (my nickname for him)
CB - Cox/Starks/Carey/McGee

Book it! Lol, I think Hart and J. Williams are cross trained to play LB and rush ends...

Check out Black & Teal for all of your Jaguars needs!

Follow me on twitter @ooonooo904

Last edited by The Linebacker : 04-27-2010 at 01:44 AM. Reason: because!
The Linebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:50 AM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Starting Offense

QB - Garrard/McCown
RB - MoJo/Jennings/Deji
FB - Jones/Owens
WR - Sims-Walker/Osgood
OT - Monroe/Black
OG - Manuwai/Forney
C - Meester/Newton
OG - Nwaneri/Stephenson
OT - Britton
TE - Lewis/Miller/Wilford
WR - Thomas/Williamson
WR - Dillard

K - Scobee
P - Podlesh
LS - Cain

Old 04-27-2010, 01:51 AM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

I probably have 1 too many on defense and not enough OL, but whatever. nearly 5 months early anyway...

Old 04-27-2010, 11:41 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Though it's early, looking at this roster I feel pretty dang good about our teams future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

LB you forgot recently acquired Kaiho(sp?) from the Colts. Other then that I am worried about the depth on the Oline, the Dline as you have it there looks to be stacked for depth.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Linebacker View Post
Starting Offense

QB - Garrard/McCown
RB - MoJo/Jennings/Deji
FB - Jones/Owens
WR - Sims-Walker/Osgood
OT - Monroe/Black
OG - Manuwai/Forney
C - Meester/Newton
OG - Nwaneri/Stephenson
OT - Britton
TE - Lewis/Miller/Wilford
WR - Thomas/Williamson
WR - Dillard

K - Scobee
P - Podlesh
LS - Cain
I'd like to switch Uche and Vinny and I think there's been a little talk of that actually happening. Uche quietly had a good year and Vinny disappointed in the pass blocking area.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:08 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

I left Manuwai and Nwaneri where they were because I pray to the football gods that Manuwai is 100% healthy.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:42 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

Oh, and I left Kieaho or whatever off because I don't think he makes it.

By the way, the Jaguars roster is finally updated on jaguars.com, so check it out. We have a ton of rookies.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:57 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

I'll tell you who can make this team from the UDFA's, Terrell Whitehead for one. 6'1" 194lbs FS. Team captain, 3 time FCS All-America and All-Mid Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC) honoree,

Career totals include 249 tackles, 10 tackles for loss, 18 INTs, 21 passes defensed and one sack

The other guy is Josh Gordy -- 5'11" 195 CB
Career totals include 212 tackles, 10 INTs, 37 passes defensed and three tackles for loss

Old 04-29-2010, 11:44 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am a part Jags fan now because of Kirk.... Go Jags!!!
Old 04-30-2010, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Linebacker View Post
I'll tell you who can make this team from the UDFA's, Terrell Whitehead for one. 6'1" 194lbs FS. Team captain, 3 time FCS All-America and All-Mid Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC) honoree,

Career totals include 249 tackles, 10 tackles for loss, 18 INTs, 21 passes defensed and one sack

The other guy is Josh Gordy -- 5'11" 195 CB
Career totals include 212 tackles, 10 INTs, 37 passes defensed and three tackles for loss
I think Estes might make the team just because of the lack of depth there. Trevor Harris will probably also make the team if he shows the promise the scouts saw in him, there is no way the risk the kid to PS if he has that kind of potential.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
I am a part Jags fan now because of Kirk.... Go Jags!!!
Welcome aboard, I can say as a long time Jags fan we are excited to have him on this team and 2010 is going to be a great season.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:22 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurawolf View Post
Welcome aboard, I can say as a long time Jags fan we are excited to have him on this team and 2010 is going to be a great season.
You get a very good MLB for moving down 50ish picks in the draft... the 3rd day of the draft.... But it may just be a one year rental but still helped you out alot.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:15 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

Zach, we are hoping that Morrison turns out to be like the 2003 signing of Mike Peterson. That would be the ideal situation. Last year the LBs were inconsistant behind a pretty weak line (in terms of QB pressure). The Jags D is based on getting to the QB with 4 or 5 guys at most. They want the LBs to be very quick and to gap control and not over pursue.

Aura, I agree with Harris and Estes, but I'd definitely give Newton the edge. He's had a year in the league, probably has played G and C on the practice squad, has a year of muscle/weight gain, and knows the system. I think Estes makes the PS. Harris, well I'd love if he panned out. He looks to have a pretty decent skill set (bigcatcountry showed me that) and set some records in his his college play. If he catches on quickly, I see the Jags carrying 3 QBs into the season.