Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum

Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum Discuss the Jaguars

Old 05-06-2010, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Aurawolf hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

My problem with Mallet is decision making, the couple of games I saw him in were agianst good defenses and he would make some pretty ill advised throws. I am not really sure who I want the Jags to pick up for QB next year, want to see how they do this season to really get an idea. I am thinking Luck though if he comes out, he has all the tools but was his success because of Gerhart or is he really that talented.
Aurawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:45 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurawolf View Post
My problem with Mallet is decision making, the couple of games I saw him in were agianst good defenses and he would make some pretty ill advised throws. I am not really sure who I want the Jags to pick up for QB next year, want to see how they do this season to really get an idea. I am thinking Luck though if he comes out, he has all the tools but was his success because of Gerhart or is he really that talented.
Vic's guy is Christian Ponder, that dude can play ball. I'm interested to see if he can sneak his way into the Heisman discussion.

sig by jkpigskin
garrard9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:38 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
lol, someone at NFL.com goofed.

Yeah, I do like Ponder bu something tells me he might have a let down year. If he doesn't he proves he is the QB we might want and I am all for it. The one major issue could you imagine all those Tebow fans in an uproar because we drafted the FSU QB regardless if he is the better pro prospect.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:59 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default im at FSU

I'm currently attending grad school at FSU, so I'll make sure to make it to some games and get a good hard look at Ponder next year. One thing about Ponder's situation is that he seems to have awful talent around him, but I could be wrong (but I don't think I am).

I just GM Gene to draft a QB for the future. I'm tired of waiting and our last, best chance could be next year. If we wait any longer than that then it will be wasting our current young roster, as the players will be getting older while the QB will be a rookie, but then again, a great QB can make and average team great.

Check out Black & Teal for all of your Jaguars needs!

Follow me on twitter @ooonooo904
The Linebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Linebacker View Post
I'm currently attending grad school at FSU, so I'll make sure to make it to some games and get a good hard look at Ponder next year. One thing about Ponder's situation is that he seems to have awful talent around him, but I could be wrong (but I don't think I am).

I just GM Gene to draft a QB for the future. I'm tired of waiting and our last, best chance could be next year. If we wait any longer than that then it will be wasting our current young roster, as the players will be getting older while the QB will be a rookie, but then again, a great QB can make and average team great.
What are you studying? BTW, I'm covering a couple days of Jets training camp this summer in Cortland, NY (Syracuse is about a 35min drive). It's going to be an absolute zoo.

Back to our regular Jaguars programming.

sig by jkpigskin
Old 05-08-2010, 10:22 AM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2L in Law School ftw!

Old 05-08-2010, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Ah, the slow days of post mini-camp before OTAs. So who do you guys think stick from the rookies?
Old 05-09-2010, 11:28 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Definitely a mistake. Kinda funny though.

Aurawolf: I haven't read up as much on mini-camps as I like, so I'm interested to hear who the rest of y'all like.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:24 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

I think Terrell Whitehead, Kyle Bosworth and Kevin Haslam all have a legitimate chance to make the team. Whitehead was said to have looked pretty good during the last mini-camp and he played consistently well in college. There is also a distinct need at FS. Bosworth offers immediate special teams upside, with the triangle numbers to potentially offer a younger, cheaper solution for OLB depth. Haslam looks the part and there is need on the line. If worse comes to worse, one could slide Britton inside and have Haslam play OT or vice versa. Haslam has experience at the G and OT positions.

Last edited by The Linebacker : 05-09-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:33 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

Just as a further in depth look at Whitehead. He meets all of GM Gene's criteria for a player. Per Jaguars.com bio
Quote:
Four-year letterman … School’s first ever three-time FCS All-America and All-Mid Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC) honoree
Quote:
Served as team captain
Quote:
Career totals include 249 tackles, 10 tackles for loss, 18 INTs, 21 passes defensed and one sac
Quote:
… Earned conference player of the week honors twice and was first-team Walter Camp FCS All-America selection
The draw back on him are 4.51 second 40 time. Also, he only managed 10 reps at 225. Otherwise he has pretty good size at 6'1" 194, but he could probably stand to gain 5-10 pounds. He seems to be a smart, productive player, kind of like Russell Allen, ie not the best talent, but a good, instinctive player.

Old 05-09-2010, 04:33 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gene loves his team captains, lol.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 05-10-2010, 08:14 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

Anyone else have an opinion?

Old 05-10-2010, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

I can see them keeping Whitehead and Greene for the safety position unless they end up signing Atogwa or something. I think McGaha also stands a really good chance if he shows the amazing catchs he did at Arizona in OTAs we need a big physical receiver which we seem to be lacking atm.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurawolf View Post
I can see them keeping Whitehead and Greene for the safety position unless they end up signing Atogwa or something. I think McGaha also stands a really good chance if he shows the amazing catchs he did at Arizona in OTAs we need a big physical receiver which we seem to be lacking atm.
Truth be told I'm most interested in seeing Don Carey. As for the rookies, Larry Hart intrigues me. The Jags have had horrible luck with pass rushers and Hart certainly does not possess the height and weight for that.

As for Atogwe, he's just a name. I trust Gene Smith.

sig by jkpigskin
Old 05-12-2010, 10:24 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

Don Carey is a CB for the Jags and he is supposedly fighting for the Nickel position.

Old 05-14-2010, 05:03 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

Quote:
Don Carey is a CB for the Jags and he is supposedly fighting for the Nickel position.
Gene liked him enough to steal him from Cleveland (they tried to waive him then grab him back to put on injured reserve).

So his is certainly an intriguing prospect. Austen Lane is another guy who I want to see battle NFL caliber OT's.

sig by jkpigskin
Old 05-15-2010, 02:34 AM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Has anyone heard this weeks Jaguars this week? Sounds like Knighton has put on to much weight and Britton has become a monster. Looking forward to seeing how Monroe and Britton have progressed and I think Harris is going to be a surprise for this team.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:56 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

I'm not worried at all about Knighton. Go check the Jaguars.com archives and watch some of the Luke Richesson (trainer) stuff. The regime gets people into shape.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:35 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

Quote:
I'm not worried at all about Knighton. Go check the Jaguars.com archives and watch some of the Luke Richesson (trainer) stuff. The regime gets people into shape.
The new trend in weightlifting is more of an emphasis on stretching because lets face it, these guys are way too heavy and have a much bigger injury risk than regular people. The Jags trainer is all about that kind of stuff and losing weight. I think Knighton will be fine.

sig by jkpigskin
Old 05-19-2010, 04:28 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

“It was 70-40 before and now it’s [cornerback] Scotty Starks vision: 15-20,” Jones-Drew told me recently. “I didn’t wear contacts. I was just out there playing off instincts. Blurry. You get used to it. I was nearsighted. So I could see up close, I just couldn’t see on those long passes.”

That's right. MJD was a Pro Bowl RB with great vision and being a great pass-catcher...nearsighted.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 05-19-2010, 06:22 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

g9, so true. If anyone really wants to know what those guys go through, check out P90x or Insanity (more so P90x) to understand the concepts of plyometrics. Anyway though, Knighton's whole job is to clog the middle and take up 2 blocks. I think he looks perfectly suited to do that.

Unseen, I read that too. That's pretty amazing, although I don't really think it hurt his running that much. Now his pass catching, I always wondered why he kinda double clutched the ball when he caught it down field...

Old 05-24-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

Looks like Jags got Justin Smiley from Dolphins pending physical. Guess that means Meester is gone and we move on with Newton or Nwaneri at center.

sig by jkpigskin
Old 05-25-2010, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Maybe, maybe not. One I worry Smiley has a big injury past and I am not really excited giving up a draft choice for someone who might be one injury away from being done. Seems they want him there to push Uche and Forney more then anything by the article on the main page.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:55 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

Time to create a little discussion:lineups/depth chart. I figure we can focus on several position groups.

1. Secondary
2. Defensive Line
3. Interior O-Line
4. Wide Receiver

Is anybody getting excited about the potential of Alualu?

sig by jkpigskin