Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum

Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum Discuss the Jaguars

Old 05-27-2010, 11:11 AM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not worried about the Smiley trade. A conditional 7th rounder? Com'on Aura! That's nothing. When was the last 7th to make this team and make an impact? Bobby McCray. Plus, he may not even meet the condition and even if he does, if he becomes a starter, he automatically becomes better than a 7th. He passed the physical, so they think he is ok. So hopefully he stays that way.

g9, here's my guess.

CB - Mathis, Cox, Starks, Carey, Brackenridge, Middleton, Gordy, Coe, Hawkins
S - G. Alexander, Nelson, Smith, Greene, Whitehead, Seansidine
DE - Kampman, Harvey, Hayday, Lane, Mincey, Hart, Williams, Navare, Harrington
DT - Knighton, Alualu, Smith, Ellison, Quaye, Curry
G - Nwaneri, Manuwai, Smiley, Forney, Stephenson
C - Meester, Nwaneri, Newton, Estes
WR - Sims-Walker, M. Thomas, Dillard, Osgood, Williamson, Hughes, Denmark, Underwood, McGaha, Harmon, R. Thomas

Check out Black & Teal for all of your Jaguars needs!

Follow me on twitter @ooonooo904
The Linebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Aurawolf hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

My concern is when the team trading you has a concern not to let you in their training facility because they are concerned your shoulder won't hold up to weightlifting you have to wonder. One thing I had missed earlier though was he apprently redid his contract which makes it a safer trade since when he signed with Miami he had a big contract.
Aurawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:08 AM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurawolf View Post
My concern is when the team trading you has a concern not to let you in their training facility because they are concerned your shoulder won't hold up to weightlifting you have to wonder. One thing I had missed earlier though was he apprently redid his contract which makes it a safer trade since when he signed with Miami he had a big contract.
Exactly, it was a low risk play. Different contract, and the team gave up a conditional 7th round pick.

I could see Smiley at LG, Uche at C, with Manuwai moving to RG.

sig by jkpigskin
garrard9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:45 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if he hadn't redone his contract, his pay was not exorbitant. It was like $2-million. If he comes in and is a starting guard, that's average pay. Now his pay is $500,000. Barely veteran's minimum. This is a great trade, even if he is hurt. The payoff could be huge. It's like putting 5$ down on the 1/50 horse, you lose, so what, you win, you win big.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

From my understand he had a 5 year 25 million dollar contract with Miami and his redone contract is something like 2-3 million a year. If it works out it willbe worth it but if he continues to have major injury issues then we are just throwing good money after bad. I agree there needs to be more depth to the Oline just on a wait and see thing to see if it was addressed properly or not.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:10 AM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

Just to show that it's not 2-3 mill a year, from jaguars.com

“They brought in a guy who’s a very, very talented player and he was making $500,000. They think they can get the job done with someone cheaper.”

That's Smiley talking about himself. He redid his contract for the cheap, so we are good. His salary implications are minimal.

Old 05-29-2010, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Linebacker View Post
Just to show that it's not 2-3 mill a year, from jaguars.com

“They brought in a guy who’s a very, very talented player and he was making $500,000. They think they can get the job done with someone cheaper.”

That's Smiley talking about himself. He redid his contract for the cheap, so we are good. His salary implications are minimal.
My understanding was he was talking about Miami replacing him, I know he redid his contract but Vic Ketchman on Jaguars this week said it was something more along the lines of 2million a year which is better then 5 still. Agian my concern was paying him the huge contract Miami gave him coupled with his injury history and concern his shoulder still isn't right. His redone contract regardless of which amount is right is less so less risk and if his shoulder can hold up then it will turn out to be a good trade. Uche on the main forums has said he is doing well so cross our fingers and hope I guess.

Last edited by Aurawolf : 05-29-2010 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:16 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurawolf View Post
My understanding was he was talking about Miami replacing him, I know he redid his contract but Vic Ketchman on Jaguars this week said it was something more along the lines of 2million a year which is better then 5 still. Agian my concern was paying him the huge contract Miami gave him coupled with his injury history and concern his shoulder still isn't right. His redone contract regardless of which amount is right is less so less risk and if his shoulder can hold up then it will turn out to be a good trade. Uche on the main forums has said he is doing well so cross our fingers and hope I guess.
Maybe they gave him some money upfront and lowered his annual base salary.

sig by jkpigskin
Old 05-30-2010, 04:13 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

Ah, who knows, I haven't listened to JTW. I'll just wait for Jags02 to post up his salary details.

Old 05-30-2010, 04:46 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

Aura, I'm sorry, it seems you are more right. Per jacksonville.

Quote:
"[Garner] was making shy of $500,000, and he's very talented, and they're paying somebody a whole lot of money [Smiley will make $3 million this year, although he restructured his deal for a cut in the final two years], and they think they can get the job done with somebody cheaper. You see that a million times," Smiley said.
So basically, the $500,000 quote was about the guy replacing him. I misunderstood the original, non bracketed/edited quote.

Old 05-30-2010, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Yeah, that was the way I had understood the qoute when I read it on the main page. I guess really the question is going to be can he stay healthy. If he does he is worth the money for the guard depth alone. Also if Meester struggles it gives us the ability to move Uche to center.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:24 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

I hate the deadzone

Old 06-05-2010, 07:25 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Linebacker View Post
I hate the deadzone
I can only speak for myself but I grew up playing soccer and I can't wait to watch the World Cup. That will fill a good month of time and then I start my summer classes in July. Summer goes by pretty quick.

sig by jkpigskin
Old 06-06-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

I'll be watching the US dominate group C. I'll actually be in Europe for the finals, so we'll see how that goes. I just hate not having anything Jaguars related to talk about.

Old 06-06-2010, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Well training camp is only a couple of months away.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:05 AM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

There is nothing to talk about because we have a team of high character players who aren't complete morons (Matt Jones/Reggie Williams). Maybe throw Khalif Barnes in the mix.

sig by jkpigskin
Old 06-07-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Well I guess we can now talk about the fight at OTAs, YAY!
Old 06-08-2010, 11:26 AM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

lol, between 2 guys who won't make the team. I like the intensity though!

Old 06-17-2010, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

League shuts down Jaguars OTAs
Old 06-17-2010, 09:22 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

herp to the derp JDR

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:28 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Someone ticked off Kassim, from his twitter:

"So I heard that on the fan forum these jag fans are accusing me of being the reason we aren't practicing next week...WOW? get a life"

"And if you're the ******* who talks smack and comes on Twitter reporting back on the fan forum go **** yaself moron!"

Some people in this town amaze me."

o_O

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:59 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

You know the best part? Kassim, MoJo and Kirk Morrison have been out to the bars at Jax Beach for the last handful of weekends. I was lucky enough to be there the night Kassim signed his contract and after the draft when Morrison came into town. The three of them bought 100 Coronas, twice, and handed them out! I got one and then shook Kassim and Morrison's hands.

Old 06-26-2010, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Really I don't think the people appriceate how great these guys are. Not one major issue during the off season and they are so involved with the community, you can actually see a player out in the community and approach them. When I was in South Florida it was like sighting the Virgin Mary when you saw a phins player.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:42 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

The dead zone is the most dangerous hunter in all the land. A thread destroyer. Guess I'll listen to what Vic has to say.

sig by jkpigskin
Old 07-15-2010, 09:03 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id be the female for Kirk Morrison. Just saying. Its not like I have a choice anyways.
zachsaints52 is offline   Reply With Quote