Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum

Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum Discuss the Jaguars

Old 08-15-2010, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Aurawolf hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Suprised noone has started discussing the preseason game, there was some good parts and then there was the rest.
Aurawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been wanting to leave it alone, just because I think it looks funny when no one has posted here in over a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Yeah, but from my experince it gets that way, we had a long period of no news to go along with it. Now hopefully it is back to football time.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:29 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.

Not really much to say right now. I really don't care about the pre-season, only news worthy things are injuries (fingers crossed we stay healthy). How about I throw out a question.

Breakout player? Offense: Zach Miller. Defense: Don Carey

sig by jkpigskin
garrard9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Good question but given Carey is really a rookie this season Zach Miller, if he can stay healthy which is starting to seem like a problem for him. I am hoping Derrick Cox has a gangbuster year, we need him to step up and Mathis to stay healthy.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:24 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just read on the Steelers board that Anthony Smith is probably going to be yalls starting SS. Any truth? If so, prepare for some awesomeness.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:38 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats the deal with my #1 fantasy pick?

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:40 AM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
Whats the deal with my #1 fantasy pick?
He's a beast. Only thing is that last year he tailed off the last few weeks because he had a lot of carries. I hope Rashad Jennings gets just a few more carries to lighten the load. Get ready for some solid pass catching as well.

sig by jkpigskin
Old 08-27-2010, 10:42 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrard9 View Post
He's a beast. Only thing is that last year he tailed off the last few weeks because he had a lot of carries. I hope Rashad Jennings gets just a few more carries to lighten the load. Get ready for some solid pass catching as well.
I meant in regards to his MIA stint.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

The going rumor is MJD willbe having minor surgery to clean up his knee but is expecting to be back by start of season. This is just a rumor at this point and as far as I know noone who has confirmed this so take it as it is.

Terribletowel39 it is very possible he willbe starting as a strong safety, at this moment I would say it is between him and Sean Considine.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:41 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how does Mike Sims-Walker look?

how big of a "fantasy" season is he going to have?
Old 08-30-2010, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Based on Preseason I would say he will do well. Other then the first game dropsies he has done very well agianst Miami and Tampa. I am not a big fantasy guy but he is going to be one of the major weapons on this team.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
Just read on the Steelers board that Anthony Smith is probably going to be yalls starting SS. Any truth? If so, prepare for some awesomeness.
Yes he is. He's looked like a good tackler this preseason, but he sure does love to talk.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
Yes he is. He's looked like a good tackler this preseason, but he sure does love to talk.
Yeah, I noticed that myself. I was hoping he had learned his lesson a couple seasons ago when Brady took him apart. Lets hope he doesn't get to many media interviews:-D
Old 09-03-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any of you guys worried about MJD or are you expecting the beast master to not skip a beat?
Old 09-03-2010, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Well in all honesty we don't know what MJD's injury actually is since the Jags have never offically said what it is. At this point they aren't exactly clamoring at the waiver wire for RBs so they don't seem to worried.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:25 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Scott's first draft for the Jaguars kinda sucks. He's going just off of stats currently, knocking Harvey for his lack of production. Well, he obviously doesn't take into consideration the fact that everyone on that line last year was pretty freaking bad (besides Harvey and Knighton). The improved surrounding cast should make Harvey a good starter. And he knocks the WRs again. Jeez. Mike Thomas, Dillard, MSW, Underwood. This receiving core could be much improved over last yet. I think its vastly underrated.

He makes a passing suggestion that we could maybe get a QB or secondary help. lol. No Scott, that's the BIGGEST area of need on the team. That and interior OL.

Check out Black & Teal for all of your Jaguars needs!

Follow me on twitter @ooonooo904
The Linebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Yeah I saw that as well, it is like no matter what we do our Dline and wideouts are always the problem and are in permanent need of fixing. I hope we come away with a QB and Safety in the first two rounds next draft. If we don't get a QB in the first two rounds I am going to chain myself to Gene Smith's door just to annoy him:D
Old 09-05-2010, 10:24 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Underwood, Greene, Haslam?

I LOVE YOU GUYS <3
can you say officially my 2nd favorite team?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:35 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

A little concerned with the DT group. Seems thin.

sig by jkpigskin
Old 09-06-2010, 01:58 AM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Well they added that guy from Detroit, Cohen. I don't know we should be fine, Mincey can play inside as well as end, the questions is who is goign to spell Knighton I don't think the other DTs are 1 point stance kinda guys.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:25 AM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see it like this. Cohen (did some research, dude seems like a relentless beast) will back Knighton, at 300ish pounds and possessing massive strength, I think its easy to see him there. Mincey will back up Alualu and Douzable is the guy who can go to either spots if necessary. I'm actually excited to see this Cohen guy play. D6 from the jags.com message board gave him glowing reviews.

How about that Nelson trade? Another great piece of work by GM Gene. A player for a player and pick?! David Jones played behind arguably, the best starting CB duo in the league last year. I think we may have found a good, young potential (post Mathis) starter.

As far as drafting next year, its imperative that we get a new, young, GOOD QB of the future. You need the QB to grow as the team grows, not have the team support the QB then get old when the QB finally gets good. Gene Smith could probably keep the team good as the QB matures though, I think he is that good.

The LB's Draft Forecast
1. QB --- I just can't see GM Gene passing up on this. Its just that simple
2. Now from here on out, I see the Jags addressing depth. SS, FS, CB, LB, Interior OL, and whatever position that may bomb this year. That's quite a load. I hope David Jones plays well.
Probably lost the 7th -
Conditional 5th-7th for Nelson -

Check out Black & Teal for all of your Jaguars needs!

Follow me on twitter @ooonooo904
The Linebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Thanks for the info on Cohen, Gene Smith thought he was the best DT on the waiver wire so that should say something. I have to think they know the need to get the QBotF in this next draft. Bringing in Ratliff to me shows they have no concern for a developmental QB to add to the PS. I am alittle concerned about wideout depth going into the season, MSW, Mike Thomas and Dillard willbe fine I am sure but beyond that we have two guys who are fast but have catching issues. Suprised they kept 3 FBs on the roster, I guess Bolen was to good to risk for PS.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:56 PM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan

Our Draft Picks for the 2011 season so far:

1st Round
2nd Round
3rd Round
4th Round
4th Round (From Saints)
5th Round
6th Round
We traded our 7th round pick to Miami for Justin Smiley, but still have an undetermined late round pick coming back from Cinci for Nelson. My guess it will be another 7th unless Nelson starts so many games then it could move up to a 6th but I don't see that happening.

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST
GatorsBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Lets hope Gene pulled off a miracle and we end up with a 6th round pick for Nelson, it willbe one of the biggest steals of all time:D