Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum

Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum Discuss the Jaguars

Old 09-27-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hrmm, Vic has been touting Ponder, who I'd be ok with, but if we were a top 5 selector, Luck looks to be a great selection. TBH, I'd take anyone at the moment. Garrard looked like a dog who'd been beaten by its owner, with his tail between his legs hiding in his doghouse and not willing to come out.

Check out Black & Teal for all of your Jaguars needs!

Follow me on twitter @ooonooo904
The Linebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Aurawolf hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Um, wouldn't that be more apt to describe Vick? Sorry had to. Yes Garrard is not playing very well, I am hoping we pick up Edwards he can't do much worse and then we draft our future QB next season.
Aurawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:09 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My thought process....

If Garrard continues his ways he could be done with the Jags. I'm sure the gauranteed money has already been paid out.

If Trent Edwards shows he has something, it would at to the sentiment that Garrard is gone, as Edwards offers a much lower salary and is younger than Garrard by a handful of years.

Those 2 points together mean the Jags probably bomb this season and we are high enough to draft a QB of the future (hopefully the new CBA will shrink the initial salary.)

Wait a second... conspiracy theory time... have the Jags been waiting to draft a young QB because of the lack of a rookie minimum!?!?! Duhn duhn duhn! GM Gene, you crafty GM!

Old 09-28-2010, 09:57 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trent Edwards. Yeah.

This season's over.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:37 PM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan

Trent Edwards didn't get time in the pocket in Buffalo because they never drafted O-Lineman who were any good. He should get more time in the pocket here. I expect Trent to learn everything he needs to know in Jacksonville pretty fast since he is from Stanford.

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST
GatorsBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Really Edwards is a win win, he is better then Bouman I think we can all agree on that. Hopefully he can either a.)play better then Garrard or b.) Get Garrard back on his feet and playing well, either way we win. He is younger then McCown and Garrard at 26 so he still has some upside potential and next season we may not have to draft more then one QB because we will have our QB of the Future and his backup.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
Trent Edwards didn't get time in the pocket in Buffalo because they never drafted O-Lineman who were any good. He should get more time in the pocket here. I expect Trent to learn everything he needs to know in Jacksonville pretty fast since he is from Stanford.
While true, all of those hits he's taken behind that line and the injuries those hits have lead to have put fear in his mind. He plays scared and because of that has become captain checkdown. That's a psychological thing he has to move past and that won't be a quick process no matter how much better your Tackles are.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:33 AM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan

When you bring a QB in you have to expect that his mind will be clear from everything with his old team. I mean this is the NFL, if you're scared you're going to get hit, you just need to quit.

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST
Old 10-03-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WOWOOWOOWOWWOhhhoooooo

Good

Josh Scobee. Best player on the team.

MJD. Welcome back bruh.

Ugly

David Jones. Why do we insist on keep the cornerbacks to one side of the field, and letting a mismatch like this occur? It's stupid. That said, he's not very good either. We deserved to lose this game, let's be honest. We're not going anywhere if we can't fix the pass defense.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Well we were facing Peyton Manning with a lead, I am suprised he didn't reach 400 yards passing. THe defense though was improved, 2 turnovers and a sack on Manning is like huge.

You forgot to add safety play to the good, other then the one blown cover over the top play at the end they were where they needed to be and tackling, hitting and get the turnovers.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:34 AM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

there is really no way of fixing the pass defense right now...its not our defensive scheme its the talent we have back there right now. David Jones is a Nickel back not a starter, it will be Cox opposite of Mathis soon enough, in this year's draft we should be taking QB, Safety, DE or LB

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST
Old 10-04-2010, 10:46 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think about Cox as a potential FS?
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

I know it has been floated but if Cox can get his mojo back and play up to last years level we need him more as a CB. Alexander and Smith in the backfield is a good working combo.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:35 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly don't know what to think of Cox as an FS. I've only really seen him as a cornerback and I'm not sure if he would be good at safety. What skills would he need to lack for the transition not to be successful, other than practice? I mean, what special skills are needed to be an FS that a CB might lack?

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 10-04-2010, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Really as a FS you have to have decent speed t get into position, smarts to diagnose the plays and tackling ability because you are the last line of defense. Cox has those traits but the way Alexander is playing we don't need him there because Jones isn't playing very well we need Cox at the #2 corner.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

I would much rather keep Cox at corner and keep the GA42 and Smith combination at safety. Because Im just not that sure David Jones is able to play at the level of CB that Cox is able too

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST
Old 10-06-2010, 01:21 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

Guys, the Corners aren't terrible. The pass ranking is as bad as it is from bad LB and S play. Seansidine could not give the over the top help needed, the LBs blew coverages, etc. You'll find it almost impossible to stop a good quick slant. You'll also find that on many of the given up big plays our guys have fallen down or been tripped up, not necessarily been out of position (the CBs I mean). The long late Wayne catch was a Jones stumble, but he still got back up and was able to make the tackle.

EDIT -- added more

Last edited by The Linebacker : 10-06-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Jones to me is ok but I think Cox at last years level is better. Mathis of course is Mathis, brilliant as any corner inthe NFL at times he will get beat but I still hope he stays next season. I think it is hard to say really how good the corners are because we have faced some of the elite passing teams in the NFL up to this point. This week agianst the Bills with the improved safties lets see how they do from there, agian though I think Cox in the lineup is something we need.

After watching the game agian on NFL rewind I think we would do much better with Cox, Manning picked on Jones because it was easy too, a lot of times Jones was looking into the backfield at the QB I think he was being aggresive and trying to for the pick but he actually got out of position a few times because of it. As long as Cox can cover his guy up long enough for the pass rush to have some effect then I still say Cox is our best option.

Last edited by Aurawolf : 10-07-2010 at 01:37 AM. Reason: undated info
Old 10-07-2010, 03:01 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.

Derek Cox > David Jones

But seriously, when is JDR gonna let him out the doghouse. Wouldn't expect this from a Gene Smith draft pick. Is it effort? Consistency?

sig by jkpigskin
garrard9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

I don't know but if the pass rush is getting to the BIlls this week we need ot put him in so he can gain some confidence.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:59 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

yay

Good

Josh Scobee. <3

David Garrard. After a couple mistakes, he played very well afterwards

Deji Karim. STUD. He's gonna be a great backup.

Marcedes Lewis. ohhh yeah. Pay the man!

Aaron Kampman. ******* beast.

Bad

Pass defense. Still needs work, but Cox did a good job coming back in later.

Ugly

Del Rio's 4th down call. Jesus, did we learn anything from the last time we did this? What a ******* terrible idea.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 10-10-2010, 07:47 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.

Yeah it was a terrible call by JDR.

On a side note. I live in Syracuse and was looking forward to watching the game on local TV (I refuse to go to that trashy stadium). Anyway, the game gets blacked out so i can't watch it at home and all the sports bars can't carry it on sunday ticket. Thankfully i found a decent feed on my comp.

Derek Cox is back? He played Evans pretty well.

sig by jkpigskin
garrard9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

When Jaguars took Deji Karim over Myron Rolle people were worried, I guess maybe we need to Trust in Gene. I'm loving the pick over Myron Rolle

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST
Old 10-11-2010, 04:12 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's on ninjas!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PM me if interested in being the GM of your team in our forum mock!

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43261
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote