Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum

Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum Discuss the Jaguars

Old 11-30-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MJD has 10 rushes for 73 yards in the first half and 11 rushes for 40 yards in the second half.

Players. Not. Plays. We simply didn't have the horses to keep up and the cream rose to the top in the second half. It's as simple as that. If we play the Giants ten times, I'm confident they beat us eight out of ten.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:15 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
NFL Players don't need speeches,Speeches are for High school and College Players. Plus the fact that we were passing a lot more in the second half and not running the ball as much. Saying that a speech is what turned your team around is not something to be proud of.

I mean I know people like to believe the whole Braveheart story and that one man can lead the battle with a speech and make them better than they were before but its just not true.

When your defense is lining up 4 guys on one side of the line and the QB doesn't see the blitz coming yea thats because Justin Tuck's speech. I MEAN COME ON GARRARD IT IS FREAKING OBVIOUS THERE BRINGING THE ******* HOUSE and he didn't notice it is because Justin Tuck's riveting speech OMG JUSTIN TUCK SHOULD BE A FREAKING PREACHER.

Of course they need speeches. Things like that start and HS like you mention, but they never go away even at the NFL level. It's about pumping yourself up and motivating yourself. Welcome to football! That's what players need and falls under the leadership category. We needed a big time speech after not showing up in the first half. Factor in booing the team by the fans and things culminated.

If you listen to the NY area media, everyone has been asking the players about the speech and booing that the players heard. So it's a huge part of football no matter what level you're in.

The Qb probably sees the blitz, but no one is open to throw the ball to. He held the ball too long, which during the game ironically the announcers said that David G. does. He paid for it then finally. But it depends on what the play was and what protection you guys had. The blitz came from his backside, so the play was meant to be from his other side. We actually showed blitz one side with the overload and then dropped back, and sent the over load side in.

Tuck's riveting speech woke our team up. We didn't even show up in the first half of the game. The team looked like they forgot they had a game on sunday. After halftime, the flow of the game changed on both sides of the ball.

David G's smile, which he sported in the first half, all of a sudden went away when we started hitting up. Things change when your team is motivated, and we had the right players to motivate us. That's leadership. The other aspects comes down to coaching then and player's execution on their end.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No. You are most definitely not correct. People who need speeches don't have an internal drive. People who need speeches need someone to tell them what to do. The best get angry when they aren't doing well. The best don't sit and wallow in their inability to get themselves motivated. They realize this is their livelihood, that if they sit around they could lose their jobs. The BEST motivate themselves. Coaches coach, players play. Motivation comes from where it comes, but the best motivate themselves.

Check out Black & Teal for all of your Jaguars needs!

Follow me on twitter @ooonooo904
The Linebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:32 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Linebacker View Post
No. You are most definitely not correct. People who need speeches don't have an internal drive. People who need speeches need someone to tell them what to do. The best get angry when they aren't doing well. The best don't sit and wallow in their inability to get themselves motivated. They realize this is their livelihood, that if they sit around they could lose their jobs. The BEST motivate themselves. Coaches coach, players play. Motivation comes from where it comes, but the best motivate themselves.
I am 100% correct. Motivation and getting your team mates pumped up is part of the sport. In fact it's ingrained in the very fabric of the culture of the sport. This goes for pre game speeches, half time speeches, and post game speeches. Let's not forget these are human beings and not some video game. Players in this sport need motivation to play at their best. That's the whole aspect of leadership and having the right personnel on your team. Same with coaching, and having the right HC who can motivate your team to play.

It sounds cute, when someone says, players don't need speeches or motivation, because they have to do it themselves. That's good in theory, too bad that is far from reality. Realistically, all these players have talent, but it's up to good coaching, in terms of motivation, and good leadership to bring that level of energy up so that they best can execute the game plan.

Not everyone can be a leader. Some of your best motivators and captains may not be the best players. However, they have that something that when they speech, everyone else responds.

One last example if when we played Dallas in Dallas, before Tubby got fired. We were down 20-6, and our guys, our veteran players told were going up and down the sideline constantly motivating everyone. Don't worry, we can come back, just keep fighting. And we did, and we won that game.

I watched that cowboys sideline when the tide turned and it was dead silence. Guys just sat their not engaged. And I tell the guys on their section of the board, all the time, that their team lacks leadership. No one to grab each player by the facemask and get them pumped.

Motivation via speeches or any other tool is part of the game.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:01 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FISHER SUCKS FISHER SUCKS FISHER SUCKS

Good

MJD. Like a ******* boss. He gives me such a hard-on

Run defense. Shut down CJ for the most part.

Bad

Pass defense. As usual. Bailed by a bad QB.

Coaching. Some head scratchers, like 3rd quarter playcalling and going for it on 4th. I would have rather kicked a FG. Also Jack's challenge seems questionable, but I would have done it. Wouldn't have hurt in the slightest.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:07 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GG guys. I actually thought this was a winnable game for the Titans since Collins was back, but apparently I overestimated his ability to just be competant and didn't take into account the defense laying down and allowing MoJo Drew to trample and roflpwn everyone.

Babies were crying. Women were looking around confused. Men were drinking the pain away. Just a horrible scene. It's like the apocolypse...except in football. Footbocolypse, if you will. And Jeff Fisher is the antichrist. Kerry Collins is just a little gremlin that Fisher screws in the inflatable practice field thingy.

Oh yeah... RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGEihopeweatleastgetm allettorlockerAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TitanHope I'd +rep you but I +repped you recently. I'd punch one of those crying babies myself if Collins was my QB.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 12-05-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I already had a baby massacre planned, as I explained to Doughie yesterday, so this only adds to the fire.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:31 AM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
I am 100% correct. Motivation and getting your team mates pumped up is part of the sport. In fact it's ingrained in the very fabric of the culture of the sport. This goes for pre game speeches, half time speeches, and post game speeches. Let's not forget these are human beings and not some video game. Players in this sport need motivation to play at their best. That's the whole aspect of leadership and having the right personnel on your team. Same with coaching, and having the right HC who can motivate your team to play.

It sounds cute, when someone says, players don't need speeches or motivation, because they have to do it themselves. That's good in theory, too bad that is far from reality. Realistically, all these players have talent, but it's up to good coaching, in terms of motivation, and good leadership to bring that level of energy up so that they best can execute the game plan.

Not everyone can be a leader. Some of your best motivators and captains may not be the best players. However, they have that something that when they speech, everyone else responds.

One last example if when we played Dallas in Dallas, before Tubby got fired. We were down 20-6, and our guys, our veteran players told were going up and down the sideline constantly motivating everyone. Don't worry, we can come back, just keep fighting. And we did, and we won that game.

I watched that cowboys sideline when the tide turned and it was dead silence. Guys just sat their not engaged. And I tell the guys on their section of the board, all the time, that their team lacks leadership. No one to grab each player by the facemask and get them pumped.

Motivation via speeches or any other tool is part of the game.
Its not in theory that players don't need speeches, they are getting paid high amounts of money to play this game. that should be the only motivation they need is to keep there job. I mean you don't see the mail man out there that has 2 kids at home needing motivation. I mean I know you like to think that everyone needs that Braveheart Moments where Mel Gibson comes out with the face paint and motivates the boys to victory. But its just not what happens in the NFL a NFL player should not need motivation.

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST
GatorsBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Its not in theory that players don't need speeches, they are getting paid high amounts of money to play this game. that should be the only motivation they need is to keep there job. I mean you don't see the mail man out there that has 2 kids at home needing motivation. I mean I know you like to think that everyone needs that Braveheart Moments where Mel Gibson comes out with the face paint and motivates the boys to victory. But its just not what happens in the NFL a NFL player should not need motivation.
No one needs to motivation to get up, punch the clock, attend some meetings, and go through the motions... I do think it takes some level of motivation to play the game with intensity and a high level of passion. Just like it takes some level of motivation to go up and beyond what you're expected to do at your daily job.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:

What should be or could be doesn't matter. Yeah one would think money, playing the game as a career, being a role model, and so on.. would be great motivation enough. But it's not.

I have been around NFL players, and coaches to know that motivation is a big thing. Coaches give speeches, players give speeches, and even guest people come in and give speeches.

You're saying saying a player should not need motivation, that the factors above are good enough. I agree, but reality is they do, because those factors aren't enough.

When we played the Pats, Coughlin gave one hell of a speech to motivate his guys. Why did he do that? Why can't he say? Guys, you're in the superbowl, and your getting paid tons of money. So win! It doesn't work that way. You find ways to motivate your team. He had a VERY good speech which touched the players, and that year we had a war veteran with no legs, who touched the team. I forgot his name, but he motivated the team big time. He gave speeches to the team half time, pre game, and even came to practices.

Motivation in all forms by anyone is part of the game like it or not. Coaches, players, and inspirational people all effect players and getting them to play to their potential.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Aurawolf hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't care, just win. If you have to have a speach inspire you or your a Pro who just plays let the winning do the talking.
Aurawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 02:14 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How much 3-4, if any, have you guys run this year? I know you moved back to a 4-3 base but wondering if you guys still run any 3-4.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
How much 3-4, if any, have you guys run this year? I know you moved back to a 4-3 base but wondering if you guys still run any 3-4.
None, whatsoever. Only time they run a three man front is in some nickle 3-3-5 packages.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:53 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
None, whatsoever. Only time they run a three man front is in some nickle 3-3-5 packages.
That's what I figured. That was one of the most short lived 3-4 transitions I can remember.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
That's what I figured. That was one of the most short lived 3-4 transitions I can remember.
It was a stupid idea from the beginning, because they literally has zero players that fit the 3-4 except for Quentin Groves, who was terrible anyways.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

well Pot Roast can fit either system but yeah Stoner is dead on in that is was an aweful idea to begin with.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:16 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

wowzers, y'all

Good

Jennings and MJD. BEASTS.

Marcedes Lewis. Man.

Ugly

Defense. Missed tackles, bad coverage...oy.

Refs. Goddamn these helmet penalties. Also they totes false started on the final drive.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 12-12-2010, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

The Dline didn't do to bad, managed to rip off 4 sacks (I don't care what the ref thinks that was a sack and fumble) It would be nice though if the backend of the defense would step up like that.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:38 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Exciting game, I must say. Good game.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:41 AM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need Courtney Greene back. Seansidine is not fast enough to cover a running back, tight end or wide receiver. While Greene isn't super awesome, he's got more physical talent than Seansidine.

Check out Black & Teal for all of your Jaguars needs!

Follow me on twitter @ooonooo904
The Linebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:58 AM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
wowzers, y'all

Good

Jennings and MJD. BEASTS.

Marcedes Lewis. Man.

Ugly

Defense. Missed tackles, bad coverage...oy.

Refs. Goddamn these helmet penalties. Also they totes false started on the final drive.
Can we get some praise for Aaron Morgan? If it wasn't for him that Middleton sack wouldn't of happened and our D-Line looked very good

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST

Last edited by GatorsBullsFan : 12-16-2010 at 09:00 AM.
GatorsBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:09 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

I'm so nervous for Sunday. :/
Old 12-19-2010, 02:26 AM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Linebacker View Post
We need Courtney Greene back. Seansidine is not fast enough to cover a running back, tight end or wide receiver. While Greene isn't super awesome, he's got more physical talent than Seansidine.
While Greene isn't the best coverage safety it is sad to say he might be our best coverage safety. Unless there is a major lightbulb turned on in Carey's head he is just purely aweful at safety and Considine may not have speed but at least he knows where he should be something Carey is very hit and miss at.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:17 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

can't do **** for ****. **** this team.

Good

Daryl Smith. Played hard.

Jason Hill. He has potential.

Marcedes Lewis. Still very good.

Bad

MJD/Running game in general. Could not get going

Garrard. WTF was that pick?

Ugly

Coaching. Bad defense, bad going for it.

Defense. Injuries, yes, but the defense is leaky. Both run and pass D let us down. They tightened up later, but too late.

I wanted JDR gone even if we made the playoffs (and lost the first game). There needs to be a change of atmosphere.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote: