Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum

Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum Discuss the Jaguars

Old 10-10-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah no kidding. I do mocks all the time before class starts. I should post one just to get my sanity back.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay, here's my updated mock, because I'm in "Watch Blaine grow up" mode right now.

Free Agency:
Mario Williams - Just a dream, but he'd obviously be our featured defender. Kampman gets the boot.
Brandon Carr - Replacement for Mathis
Robert Meachem - Solid #2 who is actually built to play on the outside.

Draft:
1. Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina - Bookend to Mario, last piece of the D-line.
2. Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers - #1 receiver for Gabbert. Plays extremely tough.
3. Amini Silatolu, OG, Midwestern State - Big right guard. Nwaneri and Rackley will compete for LG and C spots. I think Britton will head back to RT.
4. Russell Wilson, QB, Wisconsin - Good backup for Gabbert. I think Gene's the type to trust Gabbert enough to avoid a veteran backup.
5. Traded to NYJ for Lowery
6. Bryan Anger, P, Cal - Should replace whoever we sign this week after we cut Turk.
7. Bobby Wagner, LB, Utah State - Provides more depth at LB since we're only carrying 5 at the moment.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

There's no way to take us serious if we don't take a WR in the first round. It's so obvious that we need to address that position (along with DE)
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:12 AM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdamal86 View Post
There's no way to take us serious if we don't take a WR in the first round. It's so obvious that we need to address that position (along with DE)
Its so tough taking WRs in the first round...its so hard to predict...Plus I think Gene has had the better luck with the D-Line. I think we could get just as good of a WR in the second round

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST
GatorsBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:14 AM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan

We could have a top 3 pick this year...would be the first time in a long time

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST
Old 10-16-2011, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

We're going to get embarrassed on Monday Night Football next week.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:22 AM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
It will be fun to watch...Gabbert will show the world watch

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST
Old 10-20-2011, 10:07 PM    (permalink
JagWired32
Rookie

JagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Im pumped as well. I hope Gabbert continues to improve like he has been each week. I want him to show that we have something special down here, because we do. I hope MSW has a big game for Gabbert's sake.

BK on the sig
JagWired32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:09 PM    (permalink
JagWired32
Rookie

JagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdamal86 View Post
Dude, this draft has some nice WR's. I agree that WR is a huge need, but i think Sanu would be pretty good and we could pickup another solid guy in FA like Meachem like he stated. We need to get a stud DE, this team is lacking that big time.

BK on the sig
Old 10-22-2011, 10:11 AM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

WR and DE seem to be the big ones and depth at O-Line

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST
Old 10-22-2011, 01:34 PM    (permalink
NOIS
Rookie

NOIS hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
Likely. But I do think Sims-Walker will help our chances. He's a decent redzone threat. And we've been struggling to score when we've gotten down near there. Blaine needs a guy who he can throw it up to and can go up and fight for it. Walker has showed he can be that guy for us in the not so distant past. Maybe he can step for us.
NOIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
NOIS
Rookie

NOIS hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
WR and DE seem to be the big ones and depth at O-Line
WR - Do doubt. We need a playmaker on the outside that other teams will respect.

DE - I like Mincey, Chick, and Roth (all of them have played well for us). I think Lane is a decent backup. I'm still not sure about Kampman's future with us. But my guess is he won't be able to return to his former self. So I could see us targeting a DE at some point in the draft.

O-Line - We'll probably look to add veteran depth through free agency. Someone to compete with our current guys. But I wouldn't rule out us drafting a guy either.
NOIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
JagWired32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOIS View Post
Likely. But I do think Sims-Walker will help our chances. He's a decent redzone threat. And we've been struggling to score when we've gotten down near there. Blaine needs a guy who he can throw it up to and can go up and fight for it. Walker has showed he can be that guy for us in the not so distant past. Maybe he can step for us.
I think he will step up and be a solid part of our passing offense early. He has good size, and when he tries he is a very good WR. With him getting cut from St. Louis, it should wake him up a bit.

BK on the sig
Old 10-25-2011, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Dallas357
Rookie

Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what's so bad about our defensive ends? teal glasses are on, but I like mincey and chick with kampman

we really have a shot at getting mario? He'd come here? i know we have the money.

mario, blackmon, corner in the 2nd. omg! omg! omg!
Dallas357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

If you're talking about my mock, it's just an ideal scenario for me. I have no reason to think we'll get Mario. It's just wishful thinking. But I do think we need to get a young DE in there, especially if they want to continue using Kampman in a limited role. I don't want to resign Roth. Mincey will get a nice multi-year deal and Chick will continue being the DPR.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
JagWired32
Rookie

I hope we sign Mincey long-term and he gets a solid deal, he deserves it, he makes our line look alot better and is pretty solid against the run and gets pressure when he is in.

We really need to get a top DE like ive said, i obviously want a WR with our 1st, but if there is a good DE there and we would have to reach for a WR, id rather take that DE.

BK on the sig
Old 10-30-2011, 10:36 AM    (permalink
JagWired32
Rookie

Gameday! Huge game today for us, we win and we are back in the playoff race, we lose, and more than likely we are out of it.

BK on the sig
Old 11-03-2011, 11:30 AM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

And then we do THAT against he Texans. Team is hard to watch but I think next year we should be close to a 10 win team
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:16 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hullo peoples. Since the season is out of reach, I'm starting to get back into the mock draft mode. I'll be posting a roster breakdown shortly with my top 5 perceived needs to open it.
The Linebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:45 PM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously WR is a clear need and Gene Smith will probably pass on both Floyd and Blackmon...so someone like Sandu, Randle(LSU) or Kendall Wright in round 2.

Round 1...Claiborne, Couples or trade down
3. RB - Jeremy Hill - LSU
4. C - Travis Swanson - Arkansas
4. DT - Justin Ellis - Louisianna Tech
6. LB - Kevin Pierre-Louis - Boston College
6. WR - Jeremy Gallon - Michigan
7. OG - Zach Fulton - Tennessee

UDFA
QB - Stephen Morris - Miami
CB - Kendall James - Maine
RWills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a bad initial impression. I don't know if he'll definitely pass on Blackmon, but definitely Floyd.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:29 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

*double post* Can't figure out how to delete this.

Last edited by The Linebacker : 12-03-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:32 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

Wuzzup guys. I've been zoned out on the whole draft scene since the season started but I'm ready to get back into it. Here's my take.

Order of Needs
1. WR
2. CB
3. DE
4. OG/C
5. Everything else

Here's a site you guys can look at to determine the Jags draft spot. http://www.fannation.com/users/view_user_profile/800490 . Just scroll down and look on the left of the screen. He has a SoS article he does every week. Currently he has the Jags drafting 4th. I could get "better" (draft higher) or "worse" (draft lower). I tend to think it'll probably stay about the same. With that in mind, here's my break down of the roster.

Methodology – Position, prognosis, draft need on a 1-9 scale, 1 being DIRE NEED, 9 being no way.

QB – Gabbert, McCown, LeFevour
Observations – Gabbert has all of the tools, he just lacks extensive experience. People seem to forget that he just turned 22, came out as a true junior and only had 2 years of starting experience under his belt. We were told when he was drafted that he was a project that needed a year to sit and learn. Its obvious that he needs practice and reps. Increase the talent around him (line and receiver play) and he will get better. I tend to think he's thinking to much, less than he's scared. He has the chance to still be something special. McCown will be here next year, maybe. Whoever is the new coach will determine that. If the offensive scheme changes greatly, we could see a change in the veteran backup. LeFevour is a nonfactor. He'll get a chance to show something to the GM Gene at practice, maybe get himself a practice squad spot.
Prognosis – Gabbert will be given the reigns next year, without question. A veteran will be here, whether its McCown or another veteran that fits the new coaching staff's offensive style.
Draft need – 6

RB – Jones-Drew, Jennings, Karim, Harris, Murphy
Observations – Well, MoJo is the offense this season and even though he just got paid, they should pay him again. Jennings absence is so glaring that it hurts. Having him back will be huge. Karim has utterly disappointed this year. No kick return wow moments and he loses yards on runs waaaaay to often. His screen passes aren't bad though. Looks timid. Harris has a chance to really show what he's got for the remainder of the season, as he was elevated to the 53-man roster by Interim HC Tucker because of how well he has been practicing. He's in direct competition with Karim. Murphy showed well during the preseason, so we'll see how he comes back from injury. He's got a legitimate chance to make the roster.
Prognosis –The run game, which has been good this year, will benefit from Jennings return. The rest of the squad will come from those already on the team.
Draft need – 8

FB – Jones, Owens, Bolen
Observations – Jones is blocking on a Pro Bowl level, after this week, I fully expect MoJo to be #1 in the NFL in yards. If the offense changes to a more spread out offense, Jones could potentially get the axe, as, at this point, he is just a blocker. Owens is a Pro Bowl ST player and provides good occasional RB presence when needed (better than Karim). Bolen could be the heir to Jones if Jones ever gets released.
Prognosis – Great group. No need here.
Draft need – 9

TE – Lewis, Miller, Potter, Onobun, Cloherty, Rucker
Observations – Lewis has really, well, sucked this year. He spent too much time chopping and kicking and too little time catching. Having Gabbert's lasers thrown at him probably didn't help either, but I count at least 5 dropped TD's this year. He needs to refocus, he's still good though. Miller, the injured man. He needs to get himself healthy and stay that way. He's shown flashes as a play maker, but again, its injuries. The rest of the guys are fills ins. Potter a blocker, don't know anything about the other three besides that they are journeymen at best.
Prognosis – Lewis needs to refocus and Miller needs to get healthy, if both come to fruition, this is a strong group, otherwise someone to push Lewis wouldn't hurt.
Draft need – 5

WR – Thomas, Dillard, Shorts, West, Osgood, Robiskie, Sims-Walker, Zachery, Charly
Observations – Thomas has had a very average season so far, but still he has been the best out there. Dillard is playing pretty well. I've always loved his ability and think he's in for big things now that he is in the starting line-up. Shorts had his first catch this past week and I think his problems generally stem from the competition jump and lack of repetitions. He's got talent and will probably improve big time down the stretch. West has flashed, but not enough, he'll be fighting for a roster spot. Osgood is a ST ace, but offers nothing more, he'll probably stick around, seeing as how much ST suffered when he and Owens were injured. Robiskie did nothing before he landed on IR, so, he'll have to probe himself. MSW was waived/injured this week, but I think that he could be brought back next year at a veteran minimum. I don't have any info on Zachery and Charly, though that probably doesn't matter.
Prognosis – This group will get much better with an offseason, without question, but it needs a #1 and a speedster. Thomas, Dillard and Shorts will be the core of the WR group going into the future. Change will come here, through FA and the Draft.
Draft need – 1

OT – Monroe, Britton, Bradfield, Whimper, Baldridge, Haslam
Observations – Monroe started off a little shaky, but has been solid all year. Britton has been injured all year, Bradfield filled in admirably during the Steelers game and has a legit shot to make it as the #1 backup. The only thing holding Bradfield back is lack of reps/experience at RT. He'll battle Haslam for the #1 OT backup spot. Whimper has been a revolving door, he's gone next year. Baldridge has something you can't teach, size. He has a chance to compete.
Prognosis – Monroe is playing well. It all hinges on Britton's health. A back injury is a tough injury to overcome, especially for a big man, so there's some real worry here. If he's healthy, this is a strong group next year, stronger than this year. *EDIT* Britton's IR reason was due to a surgery infection, not a more seriously hurt back, great news, he should be back next year *EDIT* Bradfield could be the next Collier.
Draft need – 3 if Britton is done. 7 if Britton is healthy.

OG – Nwaneri, Rackley, Spitz, Bussey
Observations – Nwaneri has been solid this year and will either be a starting guard or the starting center next year. Rackley started off horribly, but has gotten much better as the season has gone on, he'll be a starter next year. Spitz has been hurt on and off all year, we'll see what happens with him, he could be kept around for veteran depth. Bussey is a PS player.
Prognosis – Rackley will start, Nwaneri will start, but it could be at C. A guard will be drafted I think. This group will be better next year.
Draft need – 5

C – Meester, Estes
Observations – Meester has been solid all year and this might be his best year in the last few. Still, though, he is getting older and the Jags need to have an idea as to who is replacing him in the future. Estes has been around for a while, but I think that Nwaneri is replacing him down the line.
Prognosis – Meester is playing well, even at his age. If Estes isn't the future, Nwaneri is, if Nwaneri stays at G, a C will be drafted.
Draft need – 6

DT – Knighton, Alualu, Collins, Mosley, Douzable, Irvin, Smith
Observations – Knighton is a Pro Bowl caliber player and when he got hurt (for the first time in his football career), the center of the defense suffered. Alualu is a good DT, but has struggled with a knee injury since last year. I tend to think he'll have a clean up procedure during the offseason in an attempt to get him up to 100%. Collins and Mosley offer good depth as run stuffers and Douzable has the versatility to play all along the line (Mincey-ish). Irvin was decent at Georgia and he'll have a chance to compete. Smith has been on IR for two years. He was compared to Alualu, so if he could ever become healthy, there's a chance he could still crack the top 4 DT rotation, there's also cause for concern that he could be done. Smith's health could change the draft need.
Prognosis – Very, very good group. If the Jags selected another high end DT, I wouldn't complain. The group needs its Meier (great compliment to Stroud, Henderson).
Draft need – 6

DE – Mincey, Chick, Kampman, Roth, Selvie, Morgan, Lane, Schiechl
Observations – Mincey has exploded this year and deserves a contract extension. He's pure hard work. Mincey can also switch to DT on pass rush situations, giving him ultimate versatility. Chick was a great PS find and looks to be the DPR the Jaguars have always been looking for. Kampman could be done, but his attitude is so good, who knows. Roth was a surprise this year and should have a good chance of making the roster next year. Selvie is a late season acquisition and I haven't seen much out of him, he could fight for a spot next year. Morgan flashed last year but needs to increase his size in order to offer more versatility. Lane will be in the running for a starting DE spot next year, he showed improvement during the offseason. Schiechl is a small school talent who was placed on IR to protect him (almost certain), that year in an NFL training program should help him compete for a spot next year.
Prognosis – Lots of hard workers here, however, there is no premier pass rusher here. Next year a premier pass rusher could be drafted or found in free agency, but I doubt the latter.
Draft need – 3

LB – Smith, Posluszny, Session, Allen, Bosworth, Lockley, Bentley, Franklin
Observations –
Prognosis – Smith is awesome, has been for years. His play is even better with competent teammates. Poz has been the MLB missing since Peterson, maybe even better. Session, once he got healthy and started becoming comfortable with the system, made plays. He's a hitter. Allen is the all-around backup, very average though. Lockley has a chance to improve and end up climbing the backup depth chart. Bosworth is a decent player who can't stay healthy. Bentley and Frankling are in the running for next year.
Draft need – 5

CB – Mathis, Cox, Middleton, Coleman, Youboty, Rutland, Heath, Trent, Isaac
Observations – Mathis was have his best season in years, but is on IR. Cox really came on this season, but is also on IR. Middleton played well in his stint as a starter, but is also on IR. Youboty was a midseason pickup and has a good game against the Texans. We'll see how he does down the stretch. Coleman is the starting nickelback and has been great in that role. He has a chance to make next year's squad. Heath and Rutland are UDFA's, but the team seems to be high on Rutland, who's actually gotten some decent PT. He'll start this week vs. the Chargers, so we'll see. Isaac went onto IR and didn't really show anything. Trent is a nonfactor.
Prognosis – The injuries are a concern, but could end up helping the Jags in the long run. Mathis could have lost his market value after a knee injury, so he could be had for cheaper. The UDFA's can get extensive PT and basically a tryout for next year's squad. If either Rutland or Heath step up, the Jaguars could really benefit. However, as the league goes further and further to a passing league, CB's will always be needed. I wouldn't be surprised if the Jags go after a #1 CB.
Draft need – 3

S – Lowery, Landry, Prosinski, Estrada, Greene, Whitehead
Observations – What a difference a year makes. Landry was brought in and GM Gene made the best move of the offseason and found Lowery for a 5th rounder. The secondary has been great all year. Night and Day from years past. Amazing. Prosinski has played in dime packages as an extra safety and has played on ST and has shown athleticism and decent tackling. He projects to next year's backup FS. Greene, the team's original SS is on IR and will probably make the team as a back up next year to Landry. Estrada, a UDFA, has a change to compete for a ST spot next year. Whitehead has physical ability, but has been on IR since he came to the Jaguars.
Prognosis – Landry is the starting SS and Lowery the starting FS. Lowery needs to be locked up to a longer term contract. Besides maybe some competition, this is a strong group.
Draft need – 6

ST – Harris, Scobee, Cain
Observations – Scobee has been great this year and deserves a contract. He loves the golf and the community, so I doubt he pulls a Podlesh. He needs to be resigned. Harris has done a pretty good job, screw wasting a draft pick on the position and just keep Harris here. Cain has not messed up yet, so he'll still be here.
Prognosis – Nothing will change here, with the exception of camp legs or a street free agent to replace Harris.
Draft need – 9

Last edited by The Linebacker : 12-10-2011 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Eben Britton's IR status came from an infection due to surgery. Good news there. Changes the draft needs.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:41 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

With all of that out of the way. I think there a few ways the Jags can go in the first round.

1. Justin Blackmon
2. Matt Kalil
3. Morris Claiborne
4. Trade Down

Honestly, it all depends on what the Jags could get for a trade down. If moving up 6 spots to draft a QB takes a relatively high second pick and a 1st round swap, then I wonder if the Jags could get something, ANYTHING like what Atlanta paid for Jones. If that was the case, a trade down would be awesome. Think about it, trade from 4 to say 18, get a 1st, 2nd, 4th, and a 1st next year. That'd leave the Jags with a 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, 6, 7 (I think). Then load up on WR, as it seems to be very deep this year. There's potentially a chance Jeffery could be available in the middle of the round, which would be a nice consolation prize. Otherwise, I'd like Blackmon. If Britton is done (pure speculation on my part), then I could see Kalil, but I have this feeling that Bradfield could really step up next year. Whimper is not the future. Claiborne could be a great addition too.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:47 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

2012 Free Agents
Luke McCown
Brock Bolen (restricted)
Zach Potter
Guy Whimper
Jeremy Mincey
Matt Roth
Leger Douzable
Nate Collins
CJ Mosley
Russell Allen (restricted)
Rashean Mathis
Dwight Lowery
Will Middleton
Courtney Greene
Josh Scobee

There could definitely be more or less, as I only used FFtoobox's list.