Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum

Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum Discuss the Jaguars

Old 12-06-2011, 08:37 AM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

*sighs*

Still shaking my head
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last night was rough, but that game would have been much closer if the injuries on defense hadn't finally caught up to the team. Before the game began, No Roth, Kampman, Session, Middleton, Mathis, Cox, Lane, D'A Smith, Greene. Now a few of those are unknown quantities, but still, with the injuries across the board, their expected value was definitely missed. Then during the game we lost Lowery and Chick. I don't see how any team can play through that. Top 3 corners out, 4 of top 5 ends out, backup SS out, etc. etc. No way a nonexistant pass rush covers for a UDFA at corner, a street free agent at the other corner and a rookie at free safety. Not to mention a DT playing DE in Douzable.

Check out Black & Teal for all of your Jaguars needs!

Follow me on twitter @ooonooo904
The Linebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:21 AM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SUPER AWESOME FUN TIME TRADE DOWN DRAFT!

I always like to channel my inner Stigma every once in a while. GM Gene says he always looks to draft value with need. IE, fit the highest rated guy at a position lower than he should be drafted while looking to trade back and recoup value. Hasn't happened so far in GM Gene's tenure, but let's pretend he gets ultra-"Patrioty" this year. Let's get to it.

1. TRADE -- someone wants one of the top tier QB's. Let's say Seattle, so they can get Barkley ahead of Washington. Jags get 1, 2, 5 from Seattle.
1S -Let's say Detriot wants an OT who has fallen. Jags get #1, #2, #6
1D - Cordy Glen, OG
Jags surprise people and take the massive moutain, Cordy Glen, G, Georgia. Glen comes in and immediately starts at RG. Rackley stays at LG, Meester at C, Nwaneri replaces the worst performer of the two.
2. Kendall Wright, WR
Jags take WR in the second. Wright is a producer who has speed to burn.
2S - Mohamed Sanu, WR
Jags come back and immediately take another WR, giving them the big, strong receiver they lack.
2D - Melvin Ingram, DE
Jags get a DE that will probably fill the void by the most likely going to be cut Kampman.
3 - Shaun Prater, CB/KR
Here's a guy who could upgrade the CB depth while providing kick return ability.
4 - Nigel Bradham, OLB
Jags draft the nasty OLB they have been looking for. He'll end up playing when Session inevitably gets hurt for a game or two next year. Provides great depth.
5S - Ryan Broyles, WR
Jags take a flyer on an IR candidate hoping he can contribute next year.
6 -Dominique Davis, QB
Jags get a developmental QB with upside.
6D - DaJohn Harris, DT
Picked solely because his name is nearly identical to DaJuan Harris.

Last edited by The Linebacker : 12-13-2011 at 07:31 AM.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:06 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

Alright no shows. Here's another thing I was thinking about. Who will the Jags get to satisfy the WR position. If we've learned anything for GM Gene so far in his GMing Career, we know the he targets his signings and tries to get them signed immediately out of the gates. This is followed by signing vets at positions of need so that he can go into the draft thinking BAP. So what free agents do you think he could sign? I think he gets two bigger named WRs.

WR FA List

I'd love to see a big receiver paired with a burner, or just an overall #1 signed, maybe two #1s. How about...

1 or even two of those guys would make my day.

I'd personally take Stevie Johnson and Meachem.

Who would you take?

Old 12-20-2011, 09:41 AM    (permalink
KLima878
Rookie

KLima878 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Out of those listed I'd take Johnson. He just seems to get open more. Bowe has some good talent but can also disapear at times for games at a time. They need consistentcy for Gabbert to help him grow
KLima878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:23 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

I'd take any two of them really. Also, V jackson and desean jackson are avaiable too. not sure whether either of those two fit the GM Gene team first mentality mold. Stevie Johnson and Meachem for me.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just curious: As a jags fan, would you tank the next game to block the Colts from getting Andrew Luck or the windfall they would get by trading the #1 pick?
Old 12-23-2011, 08:52 AM    (permalink
KLima878
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Just curious: As a jags fan, would you tank the next game to block the Colts from getting Andrew Luck or the windfall they would get by trading the #1 pick?
May not have to tank. Have you seen all the guys on the IR? They may lose outright. Honestly sad to say but I wouldn't mind two more losses. The team isn't going anywhere.

I'm in favor of benching MJD the last game too. Why give him more touches and more of a pounding that's not needed
Old 12-24-2011, 12:53 AM    (permalink
kearsney
Rookie

kearsney hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I cannot see the Eagles resigning D Jackson so he should be available and he would provide deep speed and significantly immediately upgrade the WR corps and special teams as a punt returner.

His attitude this year is directly tied to the fact that the Eagles have refused to ante up the dough for a new contract. I think he will be fine in a new environment.
kearsney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 12:48 AM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

Lame. I wouldn't bench MoJo. He wants the rushing title, so lets get it to him. The Jags have never had a rushing champ. We could use some good news.

I worry about Jackson. He talks too much. Just very.... nonJaguars. I don't think he'll be on the radar, but he is a good player, and if GM Gene could over look the me first mentality (he won't) he would be a good pickup.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:13 AM    (permalink
KLima878
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Linebacker View Post
Lame. I wouldn't bench MoJo. He wants the rushing title, so lets get it to him. The Jags have never had a rushing champ. We could use some good news.
Adrian Peterson called and says hi. Not me, I'm in favor of benching him. He over 350 touches with is usually not good news for a RB the next year. rather have him for next year, than have a rushing tittle that means nothing in the long run.

Don't get me wrong it would great to have MJD win the title but not at the cost of shortening his career.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:02 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

I understand where you are coming from, but I still disagree. Injuries happen in generally a freaky manner. If he's gonna get hurt, he'll get hurt. Let him win one for the gipper (Weaver) and give this franchise something to hang its hat on this season.

Old 12-29-2011, 03:04 PM    (permalink
JagWired32
Rookie

JagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Out of that old list, i dont think we would be able to land 2. I think a realistic option would be Robert Meachem though.

BK on the sig
JagWired32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
JagWired32
Rookie

JagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLima878 View Post
Out of those listed I'd take Johnson. He just seems to get open more. Bowe has some good talent but can also disapear at times for games at a time. They need consistentcy for Gabbert to help him grow
I agree, Johnson would be a great guy, but everything im hearing is if they dont get an extension done he will be tagged. I dont see him being available. I would love Dwayne Bowe, not sure he would want to come here though...who knows.

BK on the sig
Old 12-29-2011, 03:06 PM    (permalink
JagWired32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Linebacker View Post
I understand where you are coming from, but I still disagree. Injuries happen in generally a freaky manner. If he's gonna get hurt, he'll get hurt. Let him win one for the gipper (Weaver) and give this franchise something to hang its hat on this season.
I agree. I also think Mojo would get pretty pissed off if we did sit him.

BK on the sig
Old 01-02-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagWired32 View Post
I agree, Johnson would be a great guy, but everything im hearing is if they dont get an extension done he will be tagged. I dont see him being available. I would love Dwayne Bowe, not sure he would want to come here though...who knows.
Bowe is from Florida...good chance he would want to come here if he doesn't get franchised tagged or extended by KC

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST
GatorsBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

Serious question, Do you really think being from Florida matters? I mean, if I was an NFL player, I'd follow the money and successful franchises. Wouldn't you?

Old 01-04-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

Although, if he's smart, Florida would be a great move.... No income tax! Woooo!

Old 01-09-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan

I do think close to home has something to do with his decision but I also think that we might take a WR in the draft that could lead us going with someone else a little less costly

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST
GatorsBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

Well, just remember, if we take a WR in the draft, it will be after Free Agency. We can't guarantee a home run in FA nor can we guarantee one in the Draft. We should just hope for the Jaguars drafting and signing good WR's all around.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats on your new HC.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:55 AM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

Thanks, I think its a pretty good hire, to be honest. He's had success and has dealt with adversity (Bills). Hes also had sustained success with Atlanta. Now I can't speculate on the Falcons playoff game, but one game doesn't make a man. Its hard to beat a team when you can't run against them though.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:54 AM    (permalink
KLima878
Rookie

After watching this weekends games it made me think about the draft and seeing how the Giants were able to preasure rodgers all day and how the Broncos never really preasured Brady at all. If Quinton Coples can be the elite pass rucher I would like to see the Jags take him if Blackmon is gone.

I dont know much about Coples beside that he is a good athlete with all the tolls but takes plays off. is that correct?
Old 01-19-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

I have no idea about Coples, I've heard he compares to Harvey..... ermmmmmmm... no thanks if thats true.

Old 03-16-2012, 07:33 AM    (permalink
KLima878
Rookie

I'm liking the offseason so far. We may have overpaid a little for Robinson but hey thats the way the market was trending. I really like his game and should fit nice as long as we get another good WR opposite him. Henne is a good backup with starter potential and is only 26 years old. Resigning Mincey and Lowery was nice too, they both stepped up their game last year.

With Tampa signing VJax I can only assume they want draft Blackmon which leave just the Browns and Rams to worry about. Would be sweet to see Blackmon and Robinson on the outside with M80 in the slot.