Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum

Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum Discuss the Jaguars

Old 12-25-2006, 08:13 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Very good news. I still want them to find a place on the line for Norman, though. That kid's a beast, and he can play any position. He was great last year when filling in for Meester, and he was virtually flawless when he stepped in for Barnes against Houston.

One of our jars on the shelf.
Kinda off to the side here, but Vic is really looking stupid for how much he was pimping the Jaguars pre-Tennessee. "Real division champions", "Like the Ravens of 2000", "Capable of doing something like the Steelers last year".

I know, I know. It was just predictions, and it's what I've and ever Jags fan hoped, but they were pretty lofty, and now they've been shot down.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 12:07 PM    (permalink

Jets won all hope is lost
Old 12-26-2006, 03:19 PM    (permalink
nshelat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfreak123
Well...not yet.

Basically, we're banking on:
Tenessee to lose to New England :)
New York Jets to lose to Oakland
Cincinatti Bengals to lose to Pittsburgh :?

Oh yeah. And we have to win as well. Our fate will be decided before the late-afternoon games.

GO JAGS!!!!
Old 12-26-2006, 04:23 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nshelat1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfreak123
Well...not yet.

Basically, we're banking on:
Tenessee to lose to New England :)
New York Jets to lose to Oakland
Cincinatti Bengals to lose to Pittsburgh :?

Oh yeah. And we have to win as well. Our fate will be decided before the late-afternoon games.

GO JAGS!!!!
Chances are slim, but one must hold out hope, I suppose.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 12-26-2006, 07:15 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys resigned Manuwai, I hate you. :evil:

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 07:36 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Not my fault

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 12-26-2006, 08:17 PM    (permalink

NE will rest there startes oak is oak and cincy will more than likely kill pitt
Old 12-26-2006, 09:49 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen
Quote:
Not my fault
Yes it is. :evil:

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 09:23 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Not my fault
Yes it is. :evil:
whatevah

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 12-28-2006, 03:30 AM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been gone for a while and all I can say is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 08:45 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
I've been gone for a while and all I can say is...
Yeah...look how lame our six page thread is...the other thread woulda had, like 25 pages.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 12-28-2006, 11:04 AM    (permalink
leftwich7
Rookie

leftwich7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

lets be honest, for all the people who still have hope, the jets won't lose to oakland and the bungals sure as hell won't lose to pitt. just and the season and get byron some reps and david a coach on how NOT to turn the ball over in the 4th quarter

big ups to Sf49ers1121
leftwich7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:22 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftwich7
lets be honest, for all the people who still have hope, the jets won't lose to oakland and the bungals sure as hell won't lose to pitt. just and the season and get byron some reps and david a coach on how NOT to turn the ball over in the 4th quarter
I know, I know. It's just the fan-like thing to do.

And I do wanna finish things out with a win anyways.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 12-28-2006, 12:13 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could care less if we win or lose in this one. The thing that got me through that last loss was. "Hey, if we lose out we have a sweet draft spot."

Laron Landry anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 02:42 PM    (permalink
KFL
Rookie

KFL hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
I could care less if we win or lose in this one. The thing that got me through that last loss was. "Hey, if we lose out we have a sweet draft spot."

Laron Landry anyone?
I agree. If our playoff hopes are over I wouldn't mind a loss. It hurts to say it but hey lets face reality.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:23 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag

Laron Landry anyone?
Meh, I'm not a big fan of that. You can't really predict how the draft will fall and such, so you just want to win.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 12-28-2006, 05:32 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jag

Laron Landry anyone?
Meh, I'm not a big fan of that. You can't really predict how the draft will fall and such, so you just want to win.
I agree. Plus, I don't really want Landry.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 05:55 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

And besides, the Jaguars play at the same time (1:00 EST) as all of the other "decisive" games, so they need to play to win.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 12-28-2006, 06:37 PM    (permalink
BehrenMan007
Pro Bowler

BehrenMan007 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So is Leftwich done or what?
Will they trade or cut him in the off-season

What will they do with their RB scenario for next year with Fred Taylor, Mo Drew, Alvin Pearman, LaBrandon Toefield, and Greg Jones?

credit to cardsalltheway
BehrenMan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 10:38 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

look for the FO to keep Byron around for his final season on his contract...and if he produces and plays well, they'll probably resign him...I only see them trading Garrard for maybe a third or fourth rounder...but I dont' think that'll happen so they'll duel it out in training camp and the winner becomes the starter...likely to be Leftwich....he's a great QB when given the right tools (I.E. a good WR core, great RB's, a stellar offensive line, good TE's)...he just needs to stay healthy (he looked great in 2005 before he got injured)

The FO will probably let go of Pearman or Toefield, but I wouldn't be surprised if they found a way to keep all of them...they've all contributed before and are pretty decent at what they do (Toe runs the ball hard on third down, Pearman is decent at punt returns, MOJO is an absolute beast, Taylor while getting older is keeping his legs fresh and had another 1000 yard season, and Greg Jones will soon be back to pounding out touchdowns in the red zone)

also look for the Jags to let Deon "I arm tackle WR's so get over it" Grant walk this offseason, he's a free agent and with the talented depth at safety in this years draft I wouldn't be surprised...the team could also make a run for Kevin Curtis of the Ram's, he's also a free agent....
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:31 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrenMan007
So is Leftwich done or what?
Will they trade or cut him in the off-season

What will they do with their RB scenario for next year with Fred Taylor, Mo Drew, Alvin Pearman, LaBrandon Toefield, and Greg Jones?
No, Leftwich is not done. All of the "trade Leftwich" rumors were nothing more than speculation by the media and fans, and never really had any merit.

LaBrandon Toefield is a free agent, as more than likely won't be resigned. Taylor, Mo Drew, and Greg Jones will share carries, while Jones will start at fullback again also.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:24 AM    (permalink
leftwich7
Rookie

leftwich7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

so then what is the situation at FS. Grant simply can't cut it, do we possibly have Sensabaugh slide over and play with Darius or do we move Brian Williams over to FS and slide Starks/Cousin into the starting CB role.

big ups to Sf49ers1121
leftwich7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 03:22 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftwich7
so then what is the situation at FS. Grant simply can't cut it, do we possibly have Sensabaugh slide over and play with Darius or do we move Brian Williams over to FS and slide Starks/Cousin into the starting CB role.
I think there are two likely scenarios.

One is that we draft a safety on the first day, and he, Sensabaugh, and Darius will battle it out for the two starting safety spots.

Another is we draft a corner and sit him for a year. Sensabaugh will take over at FS. The next year, Darius' contract will be up, and he'll be 35 anyways. Sensabaugh will slide into the SS spot, our new corner will be ready to start, and Brian Williams will move to FS.

Either way, I think Sensabaugh is going to be starting somewhere in the secondary next year.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:19 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22
look for the FO to keep Byron around for his final season on his contract...and if he produces and plays well, they'll probably resign him...I only see them trading Garrard for maybe a third or fourth rounder...but I dont' think that'll happen so they'll duel it out in training camp and the winner becomes the starter...likely to be Leftwich....he's a great QB when given the right tools (I.E. a good WR core, great RB's, a stellar offensive line, good TE's)...he just needs to stay healthy (he looked great in 2005 before he got injured)

The FO will probably let go of Pearman or Toefield, but I wouldn't be surprised if they found a way to keep all of them...they've all contributed before and are pretty decent at what they do (Toe runs the ball hard on third down, Pearman is decent at punt returns, MOJO is an absolute beast, Taylor while getting older is keeping his legs fresh and had another 1000 yard season, and Greg Jones will soon be back to pounding out touchdowns in the red zone)

also look for the Jags to let Deon "I arm tackle WR's so get over it" Grant walk this offseason, he's a free agent and with the talented depth at safety in this years draft I wouldn't be surprised...the team could also make a run for Kevin Curtis of the Ram's, he's also a free agent....
Pretty much...

Quote:
I think there are two likely scenarios.

One is that we draft a safety on the first day, and he, Sensabaugh, and Darius will battle it out for the two starting safety spots.

Another is we draft a corner and sit him for a year. Sensabaugh will take over at FS. The next year, Darius' contract will be up, and he'll be 35 anyways. Sensabaugh will slide into the SS spot, our new corner will be ready to start, and Brian Williams will move to FS.

Either way, I think Sensabaugh is going to be starting somewhere in the secondary next year.
Pretty much...

Although, word is that Del Rio likes Deon Grant as a leader/person, so we'll see.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 12-29-2006, 10:53 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

According to Vic, Ingram will not be fined for his hit: http://www.jaguars.com/news/article.aspx?id=5763

niiiiiice

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote: