Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum

Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum Discuss the Jaguars

Old 01-02-2007, 06:19 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil
I heard a rumor that Jacksonville may be interested in Matt Schaub? Is there any validity to this?
No...it's just connect-the-dots hype.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:15 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Thanks, I didn't figure they would be...but *shrug*
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carl Smith, Steve Walters, Ken Anderson, and Pete Rodriguez are all fired, per JDR on his radio show tonight. My thoughts on another board:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I
Wow.

I expected Rodriguez and Anderson to get the boot, but I thought Del Rio had more faith in Carl.

I just said that I wouldn't be shocked, but maybe the sheer slaying that just occured got me. Five guys?

I've never had a huge beef with Carl Smith. Granted he's not the greatest OC in the world, and he could be lent to more creativity, but I'm first to blame players over coaches in the game, and what I see is a team that has had a great running game but some inconsistency at QB and sheer mediocrity at WR.

JDR's itchy trigger finger with firing coaches is a bit disturbing. Oh well, we'll see. Nobody was lying when they said it would be a "fun offseason".

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 01-02-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I assume that we'll hear that Tice is going to be our offensive coordinator any day now. I'm certainly not against the idea. Just look at what he did for our running game and for the development of Wrighster. But the biggest knock on him is that he's not very good at making in-game adjustments.

I agree with your sentiments on Smith, too. Players>plays, and this team simply didn't have the personnel to be a dominant or consistent offense. Seems to me like a scapegoat move.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And I found you, Unseen. You're INT on JagNation.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
And I found you, Unseen. You're INT on JagNation.
I thought you had me figured before...ah well.

So how does it make you feel? Sad? Happy? Enlightened?

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 01-02-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

IT GON RAIN

Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno
IT GON RAIN

I BLEEV IT BRDHWR

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 01-03-2007, 06:57 AM    (permalink
KFL
Rookie

KFL hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Brian Brohm looked good last night. I sure hope he comes out and falls to us.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:08 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFL
Brian Brohm looked good last night. I sure hope he comes out and falls to us.
Eh, it depends. If Leftwich is gone, I'd like it, although I'm wary of having to start a new rookie QB two times in four years.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 01-03-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But Brohm can actually throw the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:39 PM    (permalink
CARDIAC CAT 7
Rookie

CARDIAC CAT 7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
But Brohm can actually throw the ball.
Are you kidding me Leftwich has one of the best arms in the NFL, sure sometimes he throws rocket balls. But the problem with Leftwich is not his arm, its his legs. Anyways, I like Tice and I hope they promote him.

Found this list of Free Agents dont know if you've seen them all:
Unrestricted Free Agents:
RB LaBrandon Toefield (hardworker, but hes not needed)
WR Cortez Hankton (solid 4th reciever, reliable hands)
TE Kyle Brady (probably retire)
OT Wayne Hunter (Mike Williams back next year, Hunter not needed)
DE Marcellus Wiley (probably retire)
DT Tony Williams (4th string DT, not needed)
LB Tony Gilbert (decent Special Teamer, thats it though)
S Deon Grant (hopefully resigned,if not resigned, this is probably Jacksonville's 1st round pick)
Restricted Free Agents:
QB Quinn Gray (very good 3rd string QB)
WR Earnest Wilford (most consistent WR, need him back)
TE Brian Jones ( heard hes got potential, but 4th string TE?)
DE Bobby McCray (BEAST, hopefully no one goes after him)
DE Elton Patterson (dont remeber ever seeing him play?)
LB Jorge Cordova (solid player)
CB Ahmad Carroll (who cares)
PK Josh Scobee (solid young kicker)

Just my opinions
Old 01-03-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leftwich has yet to show he can put touch on the ball consistently. Brian Brohm on the other hand has, I'd much rather have Brohm than Byron. Just my opinion.

Quote:
421 Witness
756*
Old 01-03-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
Leftwich has yet to show he can put touch on the ball consistently. Brian Brohm on the other hand has, I'd much rather have Brohm than Byron. Just my opinion.
If he's the BAP when we're selecting, then I'm all for it. He'll sit behind Leftwich/Garrard/Gray for a year, and then will probably take over the year after.

There shouldn't be a big panic to win it all now. We're one of the youngest teams in the league, and most, if not all, of our core players are signed long term.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
CARDIAC CAT 7
Rookie

The Jaguars this offseason really need to get better depth on D. It seems like every year Jacksonville has a handful of quality starters go down. This year for instance:
R. Hayward (put on IR early)
M. Stroud (missed almost half of the season)
M. Peterson (put on IR mid way)
D. Darius (put on IR late)
Im betting Brohm wont come out because he could be first pick next year. With that out of the way, I think Paul Posluszney or Laron Landry would best fit what Jacksonville needs. I like Griesen more as a backup, and Laron Landry if Deon Grant doesn't get signed. I guess they could put Landry at SS but I really like Sensabaugh, what do you guys think of him?
Old 01-03-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDIAC CAT 7
The Jaguars this offseason really need to get better depth on D. It seems like every year Jacksonville has a handful of quality starters go down. This year for instance:
R. Hayward (put on IR early)
M. Stroud (missed almost half of the season)
M. Peterson (put on IR mid way)
D. Darius (put on IR late)
Im betting Brohm wont come out because he could be first pick next year. With that out of the way, I think Paul Posluszney or Laron Landry would best fit what Jacksonville needs. I like Griesen more as a backup, and Laron Landry if Deon Grant doesn't get signed. I guess they could put Landry at SS but I really like Sensabaugh, what do you guys think of him?
I like Landry as a prospect, but I don't really like the idea of taking a safety in the first round unless hes a physical freak, or if he's a downright playmaker. Landry is more of a solid player who does everything well, but nothing great. I think Reggie Nelson would be a better fit for us, as we need a safety who is a playmaker and can roam around deep in coverage. I wouldn't be entirely opposed to taking Merriweather in the second round, either, granted the team thinks his actions at the brawl were a one-time thing.

The same thing goes for Pos. I just don't see anything "special" about him that would make me want to spend a first round pick on him. He's solid, yes, but there are solid guys all throughout the draft.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
CARDIAC CAT 7
Rookie

Forgot about Reggie Nelson (hopefully he comes out like the rumors say) he would be a good fit. One of their first three picks has to be in the front seven though they need some depth for pass rushing.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
leftwich7
Rookie

leftwich7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i really don't think Brohm will come out and if next year's QB situation is a disaster then you can look to a guy like Henne,Ainge,Keller,or even Booty if he has a great senior year. but this year, OLB and DE are very needed and resigning Grant and Wilford should be high priorities

big ups to Sf49ers1121
leftwich7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

OLB and DE are not "great" needs...McCray, Spicer and Meier are great in rotation....if we drafted a LB where would he go?? We are not going to switch to a 3-4, so who would sit...my suggestion would be no one...Ingram is a tackling machine with great upside, Darly Smith is back at his natural position which made him a high second round pick to begin with, and Mike Peterson will wreak havoc on the outside (also his natural position)....

Deon Grant is as good as gone, he rejected the Jags initial offer to resign so I don't see the FO giving in to a guy who hasn't really done much here...except arm tackle...Reggie Nelson will probably be gone by the time it's up for us to pick, if Ted Ginn is there, I'd expect consideration for him...but I think we might have an ace up our sleeve where we would trade up to get a Landry or Nelson...so who knows, we could actually wind up with the possibility of picking Jamarcus Russell (who has looked stellar in the Sugar Bowl)...who knows...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Yeah, I heard about the reject, so I'm guessing it's bye for him. That would make safety officially a need.

If the Jaguars trade Leftwich, I would not be opposed to taking a QB, but it's down my list for what I want to see happen.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 01-03-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22
OLB and DE are not "great" needs...McCray, Spicer and Meier are great in rotation....if we drafted a LB where would he go?? We are not going to switch to a 3-4, so who would sit...my suggestion would be no one...Ingram is a tackling machine with great upside, Darly Smith is back at his natural position which made him a high second round pick to begin with, and Mike Peterson will wreak havoc on the outside (also his natural position)....

Deon Grant is as good as gone, he rejected the Jags initial offer to resign so I don't see the FO giving in to a guy who hasn't really done much here...except arm tackle...Reggie Nelson will probably be gone by the time it's up for us to pick, if Ted Ginn is there, I'd expect consideration for him...but I think we might have an ace up our sleeve where we would trade up to get a Landry or Nelson...so who knows, we could actually wind up with the possibility of picking Jamarcus Russell (who has looked stellar in the Sugar Bowl)...who knows...
They're not great needs, but if the best available player happens to be playing one of those positions, then I wouldn't hesitate to draft him. Those positions are far more valuable than safety, and a quality safety is much easier to find.

I know we have a good rotation at defensive end, but consider a couple of factors. At defensive end both Spicer and Wiley are over 30; obody knows if Reggie Hayward will recover fully from his achilles tear; and Meier is a defensive tackle who has played end because of need. It certainly wouldn't hurt to develop another nice, young, defensive end, as you can never have too many of them.

Also, at linebacker, we have to think about drafting Mike Peterson's replacement sooner rather than later.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
leftwich7
Rookie

i'm not opposed to trading leftwich and somehow coming up with the impossible: getting LSU stars Russell and Landry, that would be nice because Russell reminds me of Leftwich without the windup and a little more mobility

big ups to Sf49ers1121
Old 01-04-2007, 09:55 AM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

I'm a very big fan of Reggie Nelson, so I'd be happy with that pick.

Quote:
421 Witness
756*
Old 01-04-2007, 10:52 AM    (permalink
leftwich7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
that would also be nice, Nelson and Mathis combine for about 100 pounds of hair as well as double digit INT.

big ups to Sf49ers1121
Old 01-04-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
So would I. And we're going to be picking in the middle of the first round, right where he's expected to go.