Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 07-12-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jared Gaither a RAVEN!

http://www.profootballtalk.com/

The Ravens have used our 5th round pick on Maryland Terrapin OT Jared Gaither. Celebrate!
Old 07-12-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good pick...u guys are gonna have a good l ine for years to come
Old 07-12-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HOLY JUMPIN ******* JESUS!!!!!

My dreams come true!!!!

Finally a MD player who I watched at UMD is a Raven!!!!!

I think I'm actually gonna cry Im so goddam happy!!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is going to be a steal b/c the odds of finding a OT of his caliber in round 5 of next year's draft is next to none.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So you can just draft a player whenever you want, then?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Staley who?? How awesome did this situation work out for us!! We miss out on Staley who Gaither is better then IMO, and we get the best OG available in the draft, our OL once the most pathetic excuse for an OL is going to be the strong point of our team for years to come!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 07-12-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are just stock piled with talent on the offensive line. I am so excited, because even if some of these guys bust we have so much depth that we are bound to get a great starting line.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:13 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Sorry for the double post but how awesome has this worked out. Before his academic problems I was hoping to somehow land Gaither in the first round of next years draft now we get him for the lowly price of a 5th rounder, ah this is sweet.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you guys find a legit QB of the future, man, Ravens will be beastly in 2 years.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Sorry for the double post but how awesome has this worked out. Before his academic problems I was hoping to somehow land Gaither in the first round of next years draft now we get him for the lowly price of a 5th rounder, ah this is sweet.

It is amazing, I was definitely hoping we would get him in rd 1 next year, but to get him for a 5th in next year's draft and to have him right now, learning from JO right away is amazing!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amazing I am so damn happy, JO has got his protege to work with. Highway robbery fellas.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
If you guys find a legit QB of the future, man, Ravens will be beastly in 2 years.
You a Buckeye fan, you should know about this guy they call Troy Smith? ;)
Old 07-12-2007, 02:19 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm glad you guys are excited to get Gaither, but I saw where you guys thought you got the best OG in the draft...I'd have to argue that one and back it up with facts(stats) to prove that the Falcons landed the best OG. Anyway, that being said, I think this is a great pickup, I was really hoping the Falcons wouldn't spend a pick earlier than round 4 on him, and obviously I was right. I would have been thrilled to get him in the 5th, but his immaturity is what would kill him, but he went to one of a few places that I think can actually take the time to make him develop. Congrats Baltimore on a nice addition.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
You a Buckeye fan, you should know about this guy they call Troy Smith? ;)
More power to you if Troy gets there. If he turns out to meet his potential, you'll in a Super Bowl before 2013.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow to get this guy in the 5th is an absolute steal! How does Ozzie keep doing things like this? He's a Hall of Famer as a GM without a doubt.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

AMAZING

:D :D :D

A 5th rounder for a guy who is without a doubt a first round talent. I would have been happy with a 2nd for him. But a fifth? What a steal. As ERU said, how perfect did this work out? We miss out on Staley, nab Grubbs, and get a guy who I feel is equal to Staley for a 5th rounder.

We could be looking at this in the next few years:

LT - Adam Terry
LG - Jason Brown
C - Chris Chester
RG - Ben Grubbs
RT - Jared Gaither

That could be an amazing line.

I'm so crazily pumped about this. Another stellar move by the front office and Ozzie.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Troj2man
Rookie

Troj2man hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Amazing job once again by Ozzie and co. Gaither is an absolute steal for a 5th round pick. Also remember that the Ravens will probably get at least 1 5th round comp pick for Ovie and/or Pashos. We could be looking at the next JO in Gaither.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
bennybee38
Rookie

bennybee38 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

im so happy right now
bennybee38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

great job by the Ravens. And in the 5th round what a steal. Now they can groom him to replace Ogden (or maybe he'll play RT, but I think he has the talent to play the left side) when the time comes, great situation for Gaither, who better to learn from then Ogden. What a job by Ozzie and the gang. Going into the offseason, OL seemed like a major position of concern, especially after Pashos immediately signs with JAX. Ozzie goes out and gets Grubbs, Yanda and now Gaither to make up a deep OL with quality starters and a great mix of youth and veterans that should be good now and in the future. This is why the Ravens are one of the best franchises in football, consistently great personell moves.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I look at him I do a double take and think I'm looking at a young Jon ogden. Thats based solely on frame and not on talent though
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is amazing. 5th rounder full of potential. We really have a good core of young lineman.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:20 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

The only thing I care about now is what # he chooses so I can get his jersey.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 07-13-2007, 06:50 AM    (permalink
simms2clayton

I think it would still be wise for Gaither to be put on the practice squad for the start of next season. Make him earn his roster spot and give him a lot of adversity so he could reach his full potential once he gets on the 53.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:56 AM    (permalink
mikedoobie
Pro Bowler

mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.

If we put him on the practice squad that means any team could make a go at him, that would be a very bad move he will earn a spot on the team we have very little depth at T so having him as a backup for the upcoming season is the right thing to do. He is only one injury away from starting

Doobie- Baltimore Ravens Loyalist
mikedoobie is offline   Reply With Quote