Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be shocked if anyone here would take Freeney over Peppers.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You also think the Houston Texans will make the playoffs this year and that they were right to pass on Reggie Bush, Shiver. :p

I'll take Freeney over Peppers. Peppers was an absolute stud in 2004, but it's 2007 and he disappears from games more than Freeney now. I'll give credit to Peppers, he does a better job compiling 3-sack games against piss-poor competition (has to be nice playing Tampa twice a year), but I want a DE who can continually pressure the pocket and actually get an elite quarterback like Tom Brady and Carson Palmer off their spot.

Only thing is, I would: (1) have Freeney play the run more instead of the continual 9-tech BS that we had to endure - with Cato June manning WLB behind him no less - until the 06 playoffs (better late than never, I guess); and (2) bring in more talent at DT to make the interior stout instead of a sieve, thereby actually *gasp* provide Freeney with situations to pass-rush, much like Carolina has done continually for Peppers through the Draft and Free Agency.

Also, Freeney interests me as a 3-4 OLB, as a fan of the 3-4 defense myself. Not that the transition will come before Coach Dungy retires.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:17 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

ill take peppers over freeney everyday of the week and im thinking its 07....

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
You also think the Houston Texans will make the playoffs this year and that they were right to pass on Reggie Bush, Shiver. :p
I'm not the only one, shockingly. Me and BBD are in one accord.

Quote:
Also, Freeney interests me as a 3-4 OLB, as a fan of the 3-4 defense myself. Not that the transition will come before Coach Dungy retires.
I pondered that possibility last year. I would have to see how he would handle coverage, but I think he could be very successful in that role personally.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:05 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I'm not the only one, shockingly. Me and BBD are in one accord.

I pondered that possibility last year. I would have to see how he would handle coverage, but I think he could be very successful in that role personally.
ya i think he would be a great rusher... i think he will do the same thing jason taylor did as he got older... he lost some of his qucknoess off the ball.. so they stood him up... and he has been succesfull.. i think the colts may do that to freeney aswell

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'll take Freeney over Peppers. Peppers was an absolute stud in 2004, but it's 2007 and he disappears from games more than Freeney now. I'll give credit to Peppers, he does a better job compiling 3-sack games against piss-poor competition (has to be nice playing Tampa twice a year), but I want a DE who can continually pressure the pocket and actually get an elite quarterback like Tom Brady and Carson Palmer off their spot.

Only thing is, I would: (1) have Freeney play the run more instead of the continual 9-tech BS that we had to endure - with Cato June manning WLB behind him no less - until the 06 playoffs (better late than never, I guess); and (2) bring in more talent at DT to make the interior stout instead of a sieve, thereby actually *gasp* provide Freeney with situations to pass-rush, much like Carolina has done continually for Peppers through the Draft and Free Agency.

It must be nice playing Houston every year too? Does Freeney not compile sacks against piss poor competition as well? Conveniently, Freeny's best game (3 sacks, 3 FF) last year came against the Bengals without their starting LT Levi Jones. Freeney was a stud in 04 too, but this is 07, and he only had 5.5 sacks last year.

As for the pass rush situations, Peppers is a strong side DE and he has to pass rush with more caution than Freeney because it is his job to stop the run most times. Freeney has more freedom to go straight to the QB. Not to mention Freeney is almost always going to be coming from the QB's blind side.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:24 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
It must be nice playing Houston every year too? Does Freeney not compile sacks against piss poor competition as well? Conveniently, Freeny's best game (3 sacks, 3 FF) last year came against the Bengals without their starting LT Levi Jones. Freeney was a stud in 04 too, but this is 07, and he only had 5.5 sacks last year.

As for the pass rush situations, Peppers is a strong side DE and he has to pass rush with more caution than Freeney because it is his job to stop the run most times. Freeney has more freedom to go straight to the QB. Not to mention Freeney is almost always going to be coming from the QB's blind side.
And it won't that mean Freeney will be going against the better pass blockers opposed to Peppers who goes against the inferior ones?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:42 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would: (1) have Freeney play the run more instead of the continual 9-tech BS that we had to endure - with Cato June manning WLB behind him no less - until the 06 playoffs (better late than never, I guess)
Actually, it was usually worse than that most of the time, as Gardner was usually overpursuing...err..."manning" SLB behind him.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote