Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 07-14-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Chiefs '07 preview

Chiefs '07 preview
Old 07-15-2007, 08:23 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that's a fair article. I am hoping Brodie will surprise all of us. But an 8-8 season is definately a possibility.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we win no more then 9 games this year and that is if no star player gets hurt just my two cents I would not be shocked at all if we go 6-10 or worse. I think we will play pretty good on D but I don't have much faith in the O what so ever our OL and QB are huge question makes.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really? I can see your remarks about the offense. But Damon Huard(assuming he starts, I think Brodie's ready, but whatever) had the second best passer rating in the NFL last year. Our offensive line, is a lot be worried about, but we have a decent cast. My only real concern on defense is Cornerback, but Ty Law and Surtain have proven reliable over the years.
However, I looked at our schedule tonight and thought it was a little rough, so I think 7-9 or 8-8.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I know that about Huard but teams have a half a year of game film to watch on Huard they will be ready for him if he does start. I like Croyle alot but I think it will take him a few games to get the feel for the NFL I think by then we will be playing catch up. I would feel better about it if we were in the NFL but we are in the best Div in football our D is really going to have to carry us this year if Law or Surtain gets hurt we are SOL at CB.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I know that about Huard but teams have a half a year of game film to watch on Huard they will be ready for him if he does start. I like Croyle alot but I think it will take him a few games to get the feel for the NFL I think by then we will be playing catch up. I would feel better about it if we were in the NFL but we are in the best Div in football our D is really going to have to carry us this year if Law or Surtain gets hurt we are SOL at CB.
So who do you think will start opening day? Croyle or Huard? I sometimes wish we were the SeaHawks. KC is an average team in the AFC, but we'd be a upper echelon team in the NFC. I think it sucks that there is that much discrepency between the two conferences.
As for our cornerbacks, it helps to look at stats to see how durable they are. Surtain has only missed 5 games his entire career(out of ten years) and Law has similar numbers, but I'm too busy to look them up right now.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:33 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm very optimistic about this year for some reason.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
So who do you think will start opening day? Croyle or Huard? I sometimes wish we were the SeaHawks. KC is an average team in the AFC, but we'd be a upper echelon team in the NFC. I think it sucks that there is that much discrepency between the two conferences.
As for our cornerbacks, it helps to look at stats to see how durable they are. Surtain has only missed 5 games his entire career(out of ten years) and Law has similar numbers, but I'm too busy to look them up right now.
I believe Crolye will start Herm wants him to IMO Huard is going to have to have a lights out pre season to win the job. I agree with you about Surtain and Law being durable but they are both one year older it only takes one bad play to get hurt see Trent Green.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I'm very optimistic about this year for some reason.
I'm excited, almost to the point of buying HBO so I can see that hard knocks season unfold. I'm excited because we have infused our extremely aging team in with a whole bunch of new, talented young players. I think analysts see that and think we're going to have a top ten draft pick this year. Then, with talent gaining experience, we could surprise a lot of teams this year.....
Old 07-19-2007, 08:35 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah their could be doors opening that I don't even know about. I just think alot of suprises in a good way will occur.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 01:57 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont know why Herm wants croyle to start this season, i think another season to learn would only help, and huard would be a steady consistent hand in the offense with LJ, and spreading the ball to the wideouts...even if croyle is the future, it wouldnt be bad to go with huard one more year, i mean alot of the players are old, if you can push for 9 wins with huard and get hot at the right time, you never know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I dont know why Herm wants croyle to start this season, i think another season to learn would only help, and huard would be a steady consistent hand in the offense with LJ, and spreading the ball to the wideouts...even if croyle is the future, it wouldnt be bad to go with huard one more year, i mean alot of the players are old, if you can push for 9 wins with huard and get hot at the right time, you never know
First off, I dont think I've ever read anything where Herm says it's Croyle's job to lose. I think analysts say that because they see Huard and his entire career being a back up to big time quarterbacks(how's that for a good omen eh?) but I think that you have to get Croyle out on the field. As I always tell my brothers' wife, "Cut the umbilical cord".

However, I can understand because you don't want an injury-prone guy like Croyle behind a mediocore line like ours. Next years draft is plum full of big time Offensive Line, so I hope we can pick up at least one or two big time OLineman. Speaking of Croyle, I think that's his only "big" complaint via Scotts' Analyst of the guy, I am hoping he is right and we got ourselves a steal: http://web.archive.org/web/200604091...diecroyle.html

People tell me that they think Huard putting up the second best passer rating was a fluke, that they didn't know anything about him? I don't know how much faith I put into that....granted, I've never played DB in high school or anything, but if the reason he was so good when he played was that they didn't know him very well, why don't rookie's come out of the box and start smoking people? Why hasn't Peyton Manning been stopped to have so many yards? I think they are all viable questions...