Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 07-15-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Anything new on Jeff Samardzija?

Samardzija is now in the bullpen for the Peoria Chiefs as his 2nd year of pro baseball has continued to be incosistant. I pose this question. Are there teams that will be callig him about his services yet?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeff will not play football; he has alot of guaranteed money in baseball

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
Samardzija is now in the bullpen for the Peoria Chiefs as his 2nd year of pro baseball has continued to be incosistant. I pose this question. Are there teams that will be callig him about his services yet?
hes doing terrible.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 08:01 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is stupid. I would prefer to be a star and make good money than be 'just another guy' and make a ton.
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 08:01 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if he goes back to football he has to pay the cubs back alot of money.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
He is stupid. I would prefer to be a star and make good money than be 'just another guy' and make a ton.
...because he was such a sure thing in football as well
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

makes me think of Drew Henson

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Jeff will not play football; he has alot of guaranteed money in baseball
Yes thats true, but are the Cubs willing to put up the cash for a few more season of average or below average stats? If they release him then the cash would be his if I am not mistaken, which would leave him free to pursue NFL possibilities right?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He shouldn't have expected to do that good so early anyways. Give him a few years, then if he can't pitch he'll change to football.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
He was a first round pick possetion reciever, and viewed as close to a sure thing as far as production. A poor mans Larry Fitzgerald is what a lot of people said. He had a much better shot to be a probowler than an allstar.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I had to choose between the two for me personally it would be baseball. Guaranteed money with larger contracts on top of that plus less wear and tear on the body.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
He was a first round pick possetion reciever, and viewed as close to a sure thing as far as production. A poor mans Larry Fitzgerald is what a lot of people said. He had a much better shot to be a probowler than an allstar.
Nothing is a sure thing, he wasn't guaranteed to be doing anything special in the NFL....

I guess I'm just most critical of your original assumption, and that you claim you'd choose football over baseball in his situation. Saying you'd rather have the pride or glory over the money is one thing...actually taking the pride over the money is another. I'd have a hard time believing that few if any people on here would actaully make that choice, when I'm sure that he personally was just as confident in his own baseball skills as he was his football skills.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:39 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
If I had to choose between the two for me personally it would be baseball. Guaranteed money with larger contracts on top of that plus less wear and tear on the body.

thank you, it was the same decision for bo jackson as well...baseball pays alot more to the best athletes, and the mediocre athletes are paid alot higher then mediocre football athletes, especially with him being a pitches...

he could play WR in the NFL, and take that punishment day in and out for a long time to come, or he could be a pitcher, make more money, and not even have to play every day with no physical contact...hmmm wonder what id take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:10 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
Nothing is a sure thing, he wasn't guaranteed to be doing anything special in the NFL....

I guess I'm just most critical of your original assumption, and that you claim you'd choose football over baseball in his situation. Saying you'd rather have the pride or glory over the money is one thing...actually taking the pride over the money is another. I'd have a hard time believing that few if any people on here would actaully make that choice, when I'm sure that he personally was just as confident in his own baseball skills as he was his football skills.
I guarantee I would choose the NFL, but that is just because I think football is>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>more fun than baseball.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:17 AM    (permalink
simms2clayton

JS made a good choice. He's getting more guaranteed, a better signing bonus, and there isn't nearly as much pressure in the minors as there is in the majors.

I read he was just ranked as a top 150 prospect in the minors by Baseball America.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:31 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I always thought it was a bad decision. He got a bunch of money in baseball, but he probably would have made close to that (within 2 million or so in football). No he wasn't a sure thing, but he would have been on an NFL team in a big city rather than stuck playing low A ball in the middle of west bumblef**k.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He's still young. He wasnt expected to make the Cubs roster this season and who knows about next season. Choosing between a pro baseball or football career was a big decision and nothing so far has happened to make him question his choice. The main thing for Samarj is to learn how to use his body leverage to throw heat instead of using all arm. He can get alot of speed and power by using his 6'5 frame as leverage.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:16 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post

Pride and glory over money? You make it sound as if football players make very little. He would still be living a very nice lifestyle either way.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What were the details of Greg Olsen's contract? I wonder how that compares to Samardzija's baseball contract?
Old 07-16-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
What were the details of Greg Olsen's contract? I wonder how that compares to Samardzija's baseball contract?
5 years $10.7 million. Samardzija got $8 million guaranteed.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Ever think that Jeff picked baseball because, *gasp*, he likes it more? Let him play what he wants. Plus, he's in his early 20s. He has plenty of time to develop into a quality baseball player.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
5 years $10.7 million. Samardzija got $8 million guaranteed.
Pretty much thats the same money in my mind. Within a million or two. Of course I'm assuming Jeff would have roughly been picked around 31, but I thinks that a fair assumption. Even if Jeff barely played, he would have been on an NFL roster and not in west bumblef**k playing baseball between corn stalks. And no team gives up on a first round pick until at least 3 years. He would have made 8 million dollars.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Pride and glory over money? You make it sound as if football players make very little. He would still be living a very nice lifestyle either way.
Yeah, he would be making a good deal of money playing football also. But your assuming he doesn't feel he can be a baseball star, doesn't enjoy baseball more, and doesn't feel more confident in his baseball skills then football skills.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Pretty much thats the same money in my mind. Within a million or two. Of course I'm assuming Jeff would have roughly been picked around 31, but I thinks that a fair assumption. Even if Jeff barely played, he would have been on an NFL roster and not in west bumblef**k playing baseball between corn stalks. And no team gives up on a first round pick until at least 3 years. He would have made 8 million dollars.

its gonna take olson 5 years to make 10 mil, jeff has 8 mill guaranteed off top...and like it was said before, you ever think that he likes to play baseball more?

its obvious which sport you like more, but the decision was completely different for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
its gonna take olson 5 years to make 10 mil, jeff has 8 mill guaranteed off top...and like it was said before, you ever think that he likes to play baseball more?

its obvious which sport you like more, but the decision was completely different for me
I actually don't know what sport I like more personally. But I do enjoy watching Jeff play football more rather than him pitching for a low A team in Idaho.