Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2007, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MA / FL
Posts: 3,166
Reputation: 65199
Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default How Good is Paul Oliver?

was he really gonna be a top 10 pick next year?
__________________




Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,587
Reputation: 0
Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
was he really gonna be a top 10 pick next year?
No, he wasnt going to be a top ten pick. Alot of people think he was a late first early second but I think he would have been a solid second. Not too many knocks on him however his speed is sub-par. Jack of all trades to me that does everything you look for but isnt great in everything.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:04 AM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 582
Reputation: 93
nbarnett56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

I thought he was pretty overrated. That game where he "shut Calvin Johnson down" Reggie Ball threw for a whopping 42 yards. Granted Oliver did make some good coverage plays though in that game. Overall I think he will be a solid player. He won't have to come in and start will be behind Jammer and Cromartie so he will pretty much just be a nickleback.

As always, the draft is hit and miss. Players come out of nowhere and become 1st round picks so its tough to say. He is in a good situation though so time will tell.
nbarnett56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:12 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 10,906
Reputation: 226837
BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
was he really gonna be a top 10 pick next year?
Yes, but only if he measured in a the reported 6'0 205 and ran the reported 4.3/4.4.
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:52 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,137
Reputation: -170
eacantdraft smells like sex panther.
Default

No he isn't very good. He was the 4th round pick that he was. Probably would be a good nickleback, not that good of a CB.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:55 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: RAWR
Posts: 39,155
Reputation: 3772322
draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Have you ever even seen him play ea? For some reason I think you haven't.

Oliver would have been at worst the #2 preseason senior CB and there is a legitimate argument for him being the #1. Him being a top 10 pick next year would have been dependent on his senior season but preseason there is an argument for it.
__________________

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,137
Reputation: -170
eacantdraft smells like sex panther.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Have you ever even seen him play ea? For some reason I think you haven't.

Oliver would have been at worst the #2 preseason senior CB and there is a legitimate argument for him being the #1. Him being a top 10 pick next year would have been dependent on his senior season but preseason there is an argument for it.
Oliver had a slow 40 time. And there was a reason why he was chosen in the 4th round and not the 1st round. One day he may be a good NFL player, but he was not a top 10 prospect in quality.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: RAWR
Posts: 39,155
Reputation: 3772322
draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Is that why Scott has him as the #7 senior? Oliver's 40 time and workout are irrelevant because if he was playing next year none of that would be known. Where you are picked in the supplemental doesn't reflect where you would have actually gone in the real draft. Would Oliver definitely been a top 10 pick, no clue, but if he wasn't in the supplemental he would be projected there.
__________________

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,137
Reputation: -170
eacantdraft smells like sex panther.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Is that why Scott has him as the #7 senior? Oliver's 40 time and workout are irrelevant because if he was playing next year none of that would be known. Where you are picked in the supplemental doesn't reflect where you would have actually gone in the real draft. Would Oliver definitely been a top 10 pick, no clue, but if he wasn't in the supplemental he would be projected there.
Oliver's workout totals would have sent his stock spiraling in the regular draft just like it did the supplemental draft. There has been plenty of players who went in the 1st round of the supplemental draft (surprisingly most were busts), so if Oliver was highly ranked, he would have gone in the 1st or 2nd round.

Workouts can make or break a player's draft status more than anything they did on the field in college.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 11,814
Reputation: 1691
Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft View Post
Oliver had a slow 40 time. And there was a reason why he was chosen in the 4th round and not the 1st round. One day he may be a good NFL player, but he was not a top 10 prospect in quality.
His slow 40 time likely had a lot to do with a lack of time to train for it.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 9,439
Reputation: 197475
Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I personally think we would have seen Oliver fall off a little. Georgia lost both of its disruptors on that defensive line in Moses and Johnson, something that played a huge part in the success of that secondary.

I thought Oliver played well last year, but I wasn't sure I saw fantastic lock-down skill. He most certainly would have gone within the first two round barring a terrible season, but I don't think he was the next big thing at cornerback either.
__________________
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:19 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,417
Reputation: 1574
JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft View Post
No he isn't very good. He was the 4th round pick that he was. Probably would be a good nickleback, not that good of a CB.
If he's so slow, as you say he is in your next quote, nickelback is not a good position for him. You're nickel should be a quick guy if he's gonan be matched up on a speedy receiver usually...why would you want a slow guy there...he makes a better #2 corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft View Post
Oliver had a slow 40 time. And there was a reason why he was chosen in the 4th round and not the 1st round. One day he may be a good NFL player, but he was not a top 10 prospect in quality.
Maybe he was chosen in the 4th because it was the supplemental draft. I don't know many teams who would be willing to throw out a first rounder for next year in a supplemental draft.


Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft View Post
Oliver's workout totals would have sent his stock spiraling in the regular draft just like it did the supplemental draft. There has been plenty of players who went in the 1st round of the supplemental draft (surprisingly most were busts), so if Oliver was highly ranked, he would have gone in the 1st or 2nd round.

Workouts can make or break a player's draft status more than anything they did on the field in college.
Oliver also had less time to prepare, like all the other prospects did. But even so, assuming he's slow I doubt it drops him to day two. It could but who knows. At this point though, he's not a fourth rounder. I know a few players have gone in round two, but who are these players who have gone in round one? I could be wrong I haven't researched the Supplemental draft history, but I can't think of too many 1st round supplemental players.

Edit: After looking it up a little, I only see about 5-6 players taken in the first round, and a couple more taken in round two, and most of the first rounders are from a longer time back, like Kosar, Bosworth, Rob Moore, Steve Walsh, Bobby Humphrey, and Dave Wilson. None of those guys were drafted in the past ten years though, so clearly there has been a trend away from using first rounders in the supplemental draft. The whole "he would've been drafted in the first if he was that good" argument doesn't have much weight.

Last edited by JK17 : 07-16-2007 at 11:28 PM.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philawarepragueacago
Posts: 865
Reputation: 647
Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Is that why Scott has him as the #7 senior? Oliver's 40 time and workout are irrelevant because if he was playing next year none of that would be known. Where you are picked in the supplemental doesn't reflect where you would have actually gone in the real draft. Would Oliver definitely been a top 10 pick, no clue, but if he wasn't in the supplemental he would be projected there.
jon clayton on espn says that the supplemental draft translates roughly to one round lower from the draft in april...
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philawarepragueacago
Posts: 865
Reputation: 647
Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
If he's so slow, as you say he is in your next quote, nickelback is not a good position for him. You're nickel should be a quick guy if he's gonan be matched up on a speedy receiver usually...why would you want a slow guy there...he makes a better #2 corner.



Maybe he was chosen in the 4th because it was the supplemental draft. I don't know many teams who would be willing to throw out a first rounder for next year in a supplemental draft.




Oliver also had less time to prepare, like all the other prospects did. But even so, assuming he's slow I doubt it drops him to day two. It could but who knows. At this point though, he's not a fourth rounder. I know a few players have gone in round two, but who are these players who have gone in round one? I could be wrong I haven't researched the Supplemental draft history, but I can't think of too many 1st round supplemental players.
You're pretty much right on, nobody is silly enough to submit a first round bid for a supplemental player... However Oliver's slow speed and low intelligence alone could easily drop him to day two, especially considering his position.
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,417
Reputation: 1574
JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
jon clayton on espn says that the supplemental draft translates roughly to one round lower from the draft in april...
That's definitely not an exact science, but Oliver is/was being talked about as a first rounder...So were some third rounders this year, at this point, last year, but I don't know if Oliver would have fallen that far. It's possible but the point remains the same, Your draft status in the supplemental draft has little correlation wtih your actual draft value.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,417
Reputation: 1574
JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
You're pretty much right on, nobody is silly enough to submit a first round bid for a supplemental player... However Oliver's slow speed and low intelligence alone could easily drop him to day two, especially considering his position.
Yeah, it definitely could have, but I don't know if it drops him that far still. Then again, look at Daymeighon Hughes who had a good senior year and fell to the end of the third because he was slow. Definitely wasn't going to be a top ten pick I don't think, and could easily have fallen to day two...I don't know how much of his poor speed though can be attributed to his lack of preparation time. The other guys numbers' who prepare for the combine and pro days have a lot of time to get ready and workout, whereas Oliver didn't really. No excuses still, but its all guesswork to know where he would have been at next year, at the combine.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 11,412
Reputation: 1827586
CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

We'll never know, will we?

The guy ran a 4.4 out of high school, he just had no time to train. I'm not worried about his speed. The guy is in an ideal situation for a corner to learn and develop; monster pass rush, experienced veterans, no pressure. I think he has a very solid career ahead of him.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philawarepragueacago
Posts: 865
Reputation: 647
Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
Yeah, it definitely could have, but I don't know if it drops him that far still. Then again, look at Daymeighon Hughes who had a good senior year and fell to the end of the third because he was slow. Definitely wasn't going to be a top ten pick I don't think, and could easily have fallen to day two...I don't know how much of his poor speed though can be attributed to his lack of preparation time. The other guys numbers' who prepare for the combine and pro days have a lot of time to get ready and workout, whereas Oliver didn't really. No excuses still, but its all guesswork to know where he would have been at next year, at the combine.
yeah the preperation is a good point, and maybe he isnt as slow as we think he is. What i do know is that hes not fast, and if hes not fast he cant play nickel. If he cant play nick he might as well not play cb casue where would he play. That would mean hed have to be a backup to the safeties, mccree hart jue weddle.. wow 5th safety? im liking his chances of making the team..
heres a thought, maybe we drafted him to replace hank milligan, on special teams. I bet that positions worth a 4th rounder..
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:42 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,417
Reputation: 1574
JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
yeah the preperation is a good point, and maybe he isnt as slow as we think he is. What i do know is that hes not fast, and if hes not fast he cant play nickel. If he cant play nick he might as well not play cb casue where would he play. That would mean hed have to be a backup to the safeties, mccree hart jue weddle.. wow 5th safety? im liking his chances of making the team..
heres a thought, maybe we drafted him to replace hank milligan, on special teams. I bet that positions worth a 4th rounder..
We'll also have to see where his game speed is at though. I'm not an expert on Oliver and to be honest, as much as I love the draft, I don't know too much about the prospects until the draft comes closer, because I'm a much bigger NFL fan then NCAA fan. I do know though, that lots of times game speed differs from workout speed. Maybe Oliver can keep up as the nickel maybe not. Maybe he's not intended to play nickel, maybe he'll be a better backup safety, backup cornerback, situational player who knows. Maybe they're doing it to push Cromartie to play when Florence is gone after this year, maybe its just for cornerback and safety depth in general. Maybe they want him to start one day at cornerback or safety, who knows what they want, but I'm willing to wait on ruling out the positions he can't play until we see him on the field and see that he's too slow.

ChargerCohen just said he ran a 4.4 out of High School. Whether he can still do that, whether it was mistimed, who knows, but if he can run that speed, and does it towards TC or the season, thats not to slow for a nickelback, if you ask me.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philawarepragueacago
Posts: 865
Reputation: 647
Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
We'll also have to see where his game speed is at though. I'm not an expert on Oliver and to be honest, as much as I love the draft, I don't know too much about the prospects until the draft comes closer, because I'm a much bigger NFL fan then NCAA fan. I do know though, that lots of times game speed differs from workout speed. Maybe Oliver can keep up as the nickel maybe not. Maybe he's not intended to play nickel, maybe he'll be a better backup safety, backup cornerback, situational player who knows. Maybe they're doing it to push Cromartie to play when Florence is gone after this year, maybe its just for cornerback and safety depth in general. Maybe they want him to start one day at cornerback or safety, who knows what they want, but I'm willing to wait on ruling out the positions he can't play until we see him on the field and see that he's too slow.

ChargerCohen just said he ran a 4.4 out of High School. Whether he can still do that, whether it was mistimed, who knows, but if he can run that speed, and does it towards TC or the season, thats not to slow for a nickelback, if you ask me.
yeah well 4.4 was 4 years ago and im sure alot less bulk.. remember you dont walk into the nfl the same weight you walk into college as..

as for the positions sure who knows where hes going but it makes you wonder what the hell we're doing.. just like scott chandler... please tell me a charger fan understands that pick.
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:01 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,417
Reputation: 1574
JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
yeah well 4.4 was 4 years ago and im sure alot less bulk.. remember you dont walk into the nfl the same weight you walk into college as..

as for the positions sure who knows where hes going but it makes you wonder what the hell we're doing.. just like scott chandler... please tell me a charger fan understands that pick.
Yeah I'm not really impressed by something he did 4 years ago, its just something to ponder.


Apparently, Chandler has been doing good...When he'll play, or what he'll be used for beats me. But from what I hear, he looks like a player...
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philawarepragueacago
Posts: 865
Reputation: 647
Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
Yeah I'm not really impressed by something he did 4 years ago, its just something to ponder.


Apparently, Chandler has been doing good...When he'll play, or what he'll be used for beats me. But from what I hear, he looks like a player...
while we're speaking of players that seem to have no point.. what about legedu what of him? i dont exactly like the idea of him going antwaan randle el on us and playin qb or smething stupid.. whats his future anybody know?
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:25 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,417
Reputation: 1574
JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
while we're speaking of players that seem to have no point.. what about legedu what of him? i dont exactly like the idea of him going antwaan randle el on us and playin qb or smething stupid.. whats his future anybody know?
I read they are using him as an H-Back, and possibly someone to fill in for Neal down the road? (I think I heard that somewhere, but it doesn't make much sense to me)....

Maybe he'll do good as an H-Back, but who knows...it was a weird draft.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philawarepragueacago
Posts: 865
Reputation: 647
Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
I read they are using him as an H-Back, and possibly someone to fill in for Neal down the road? (I think I heard that somewhere, but it doesn't make much sense to me)....

Maybe he'll do good as an H-Back, but who knows...it was a weird draft.
i have a feeling hes purely for special teams.. and that a couple guys who played last year wont make the team..

its crazy to think wed draft someone for special teams, but i guess that maybe if you're as good as we are you can do that?
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:47 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,417
Reputation: 1574
JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
i have a feeling hes purely for special teams.. and that a couple guys who played last year wont make the team..

its crazy to think wed draft someone for special teams, but i guess that maybe if you're as good as we are you can do that?
Well now you're just being cocky...and you will get destroyed for that. You better hope it doesn't bite you in the ass either, and we really flop.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.