Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-17-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.
Default Peter King first power rankings are out.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...mqb/index.html

I agree with most of his picks. Detroit is too high, Arizona and Cleveland is too low.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minnesota and Cleveland at the bottom? Eh.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some Kelly Gregg love, that is good.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:47 AM    (permalink
LionSmack
Veteran

LionSmack hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

King has overrated the Lions almost every year lately. I think at this point he's kind of throwing good money after bad, and figuring one of these years he'll be right and look really good. After all, the NFL is all about total surprises, and if you're looking for a dark horse team to back, they don't get darker than the Lions.
LionSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns get Joe Thomas, Eric Steinbach, an upgrade at RB (a huge question mark though.) a year under the belts of Winslow/Edwards, a corner to start opposite of Bodden, upgrades on the d-line, and possibly the return of LeCharles, not to mention the addition of Quinn who should play some time during the season, and we go down to 32nd... I don't get it!
Old 07-17-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

eh its alright....i believe the steelers should be top 10 but i guess 12 is good...i believe the steelers are way better then the jets and the rams are a so so..seattle they can be better then along with philly..but thats imo
Old 07-17-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll agree with Seattle and St. Louis staying on top of the NFC West. Don't like the Lions or Titans being in the top half of the league, and I'm thinking Cincy should be higher
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL at the Bengals being that low. The only NFC teams we should be behind are the Bears and maybe Saints, although in a head to head I think we at the worst split with them. I think we'll have a better year than the Ravens, via schedule and just banking on things that went wrong for us last year going right and things that went right for them last year not going so well. With that said I still think they should be ahead of us in initial power rankings because they're the defending champs.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:13 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has us at 31? Peter King blows.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:19 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

King neglects to mention that we went 14 games without our all-pro LT, a bulk of our season was spent with basically rookies on the OL. Those rookies progressed very well and were solid at the end of the year, not the beginning though. We have Carson on two good legs, finally a backup for Rudi, Ahmad Brooks > anyone we had at MLB last year, Rashad Jeanty has one more year under his belt. Tory James is thankfully gone, arguably the worst starting CB last year (sorry Saints fans lol).

Plus we had just about everything that could go wrong go wrong last year. Lost one game via phantom roughing the passer, one missed pass interference with under 2 minutes, the Denver game was full of oddities, missed FG vs. Pitt that would've still put us in the playoffs. It's pretty bad the amount/quality of teams he has us behind.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
TheMadLionsFan
Rookie

TheMadLionsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It is a sad world we live in when the Lions are overrated,,,,
TheMadLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

The Colts at #1? That's quite a surprise

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Titans are about 15 spots too high.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
Minnesota and Cleveland at the bottom? Eh.
Minnesota is right where they should be. Them and Oakland will vie for the 1st pick in next year's NFL draft.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Talk of the Houston Texans and the Tennessee Titans as potential playoff teams amuses me: they are going to be picking in the Top 5 for yet another year in the Draft imo. Much as I'd love to see the AFC South be a strong conference from top to bottom, to better prepare the Colts for the playoffs, I know firsthand the schedule that the teams in the conference have to play and both the Titans and the Texans are going to struggle to get victories.

Houston Texans
Sep 9 Kansas City
Sep 16 @Carolina
Sep 23 Indianapolis
Sep 30 @Atlanta
Oct 7 Miami
Oct 14 @Jacksonville
Oct 21 Tennessee
Oct 28 @San Diego
Nov 4 @Oakland
Week 10 BYE
Nov 18 New Orleans
Nov 25 @Cleveland
Dec 2 @Tennessee
Dec 9 Tampa Bay
Dec 13 Denver
Dec 23 @Indianapolis
Dec 30 Jacksonville

Tennessee Titans
Sep 9 @Jacksonville
Sep 16 Indianapolis
Sep 24 @New Orleans
Week 4 BYE
Oct 7 Atlanta
Oct 14 @Tampa Bay
Oct 21 @Houston
Oct 28 Oakland
Nov 4 Carolina
Nov 11 Jacksonville
Nov 19 @Denver
Nov 25 @Cincinnati
Dec 2 Houston
Dec 9 San Diego
Dec 16 @Kansas City
Dec 23 N.Y. Jets
Dec 30 @Indianapolis
Old 07-17-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft View Post
Minnesota is right where they should be. Them and Oakland will vie for the 1st pick in next year's NFL draft.
Why? Tell me why this will happen. You seem to think you know everything you're talking about, which you never do. Explain to me how we've gotten so much worse from last year.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think Detroit is gonna improve but teams dont go from 2-14 to 7-9 or 8-8 in a year

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Why? Tell me why this will happen. You seem to think you know everything you're talking about, which you never do. Explain to me how we've gotten so much worse from last year.
Because they have a bad QB, bad WR's, a decent O-Line, and a decent defense. The only special thing in Minny is the RB's

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:22 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
I really think Detroit is gonna improve but teams dont go from 2-14 to 7-9 or 8-8 in a year
Well, Kitna did it himself at Cincinnati, I could see it potentially happening that they got 8-8 but he still has them too high.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
They do all the time. 12 teams have made at least that big of a jump in the last 8 years alone.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Because they have a bad QB, bad WR's, a decent O-Line, and a decent defense. The only special thing in Minny is the RB's
First of all, the reason we took out Brad Johnson was because it was near impossible to do worse than him. You can't say we haven't improved our WR corps from last year. I think Williamson will perform better this season, Bobby Wade can play well out of the slot and I expect Sidney Rice and Aundrae Allison to have an impact. The young guys on our offensive line will have another year of experience under their belts, and will do a better job. What are you talking about, a decent defense? We had an amazing run defense. This year we will also have Cedric Griffin starting the entire year, instead of Fred Smoot who was horrible. Not to mention we brought in Mike Doss, who is familiar with the Tampa-2 defense.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
First of all, the reason we took out Brad Johnson was because it was near impossible to do worse than him. You can't say we haven't improved our WR corps from last year. I think Williamson will perform better this season, Bobby Wade can play well out of the slot and I expect Sidney Rice and Aundrae Allison to have an impact. The young guys on our offensive line will have another year of experience under their belts, and will do a better job. What are you talking about, a decent defense? We had an amazing run defense. This year we will also have Cedric Griffin starting the entire year, instead of Fred Smoot who was horrible. Not to mention we brought in Mike Doss, who is familiar with the Tampa-2 defense.
Don't listen to him, Buck. You should have seen right away that he is a Packers' fan.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 2006 Minnesota Vikings' run defense is one of the best in NFL history.

Also, a healthy Chad Greenway more than makes up for the loss of Napolean Harris.

I'm still wary about the Vikings' pass rush though, the team is counting on Ray Edwards to come through way too much for my liking. Maybe Erasmus James will have recovered fully in time for the season, given how modern medicine has advanced with torn knee ligaments, but I'll have to see it before believing it. And if the team should blitz more to help out the pass rush, that leaves their coverage even more exposed.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You were 6-10 last year. You can get worse than that.

You have a green QB, bad WR's, an injury prone RB, a tougher schedule (playing AFC west teams).

Time to take off the homer glasses.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
The 2006 Minnesota Vikings' run defense is one of the best in NFL history.

Also, a healthy Chad Greenway more than makes up for the loss of Napolean Harris.

I'm still wary about the Vikings' pass rush though, the team is counting on Ray Edwards to come through way too much for my liking. Maybe Erasmus James will have recovered fully in time for the season, given how modern medicine has advanced with torn knee ligaments, but I'll have to see it before believing it. And if the team should blitz more to help out the pass rush, that leaves their coverage even more exposed.
That's what I'm saying. If we can get an above-average pass-rush out of James and Edwards, I think our defense could be in the upper-echelon of the NFC and maybe NFL. That is all our defense is missing right now.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote