Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 07-17-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
flrybranch
Rookie

flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.
Default Vick Indicted by a FED Grand Jury

Federal Indictments are not good.

Guessing that the Commish will hand down a 4 game suspension soon.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns
Old 07-17-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a travesty. That's the only way I can sum up my feelings. It's going to be hard to root for the Falcons as long as he is the team's starting QB. Here's to Brian Brohm in '08.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm with you Shiv...I was a huge supporter of his until this...I know he's not been proven guilty yet, but to be linked with this stuff...lets just hope it ends with us having him free of guilt, or us free of his contract on our salary cap...
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:37 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Vick Screwed you over!
Mike Vick go to hell!
Go to hell, go to hell go to hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yahoo! Sports' Jason Cole is reporting that Vick is likely to be suspended according to league sources. He's broken quite a few stories, so I trust his article.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:04 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd have a hard time believing he wouldn't be...
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Well ESPN is reporting he won't be until he's convicted. Then again, ESPN also reported he wouldn't be indicted two weeks ago.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:17 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hello Joey Harrington :(
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:51 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
Mike Vick Screwed you over!
Mike Vick go to hell!
Go to hell, go to hell go to hell

Innocent until proven guilty?

It doesn't look good though.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i will say, this isnt good for Vick, the league, or the Falcons...

but i wanted to point out, how ESPN put him out there was very distasteful, and ive never seen anything like that...I mean he hasnt been proven guilty yet, and they graphically talked about how the dogs were killed, along with putting on a "proven witness" with his identity withheld and voice changed, to talk about how he "knew" vick was a heavyweight in the dog fighting ring and what we saw...

I thought that was really unnecessary, im pretty sure alot of these athletes have people back at home who do not like them for whatever reason, they made it and they didnt, or they have money and their broke, so i dont think it would be hard to find someone to speak about seeing mike vick even if that wasnt the case...its not like that guy was another athlete who was going to come and speak out, for all we know it was a nobody that was still mad about vicks success...and i thought it was pointless for ESPN to show something like that so soon into a case, or at all period...

I dont think they would have done the same for other athletes, and i thought it was out of place...CNN thats ok, but this is ESPN, and they basically put a lasting imprint in peoples minds about vick whether he is convicted or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On NFL live a few minutes ago, Chris Mortensen just dropped the "Goodell could give him a lifetime ban" take.

Mortensen is such a clown. There will be a suspension, but a lifetime ban isn't going to happen.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flrybranch View Post
Federal Indictments are not good.

Guessing that the Commish will hand down a 4 game suspension soon.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns
it should be indefinate and we should cut his ass.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe that the movie 1974 movie, The Longest Yard starring Burt Reynolds, showed us that in prison former NFL players can maintain a career.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
On NFL live a few minutes ago, Chris Mortensen just dropped the "Goodell could give him a lifetime ban" take.

Mortensen is such a clown. There will be a suspension, but a lifetime ban isn't going to happen.
i always thought he was pretty reliable. i doubt he will get lifetime as well but he deserves at least the same as pacman if not more.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post

He said only if he is convicted, or takes a plea bargain. He was positive that Vick won't be suspended until due process is met.

One expert who was on PTI, who formally worked with the NFL, said that Vick will miss a part of the season regardless. You cannot pull a Kobe Bryant in the NFL, practice and preparation are crucial. All the more so because he is a Quarterback. He also mentioned that all NFL contracts allow for the team to void bonus money if incidents like this arrive.

Old 07-18-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im not 100% sure, but werent the allegations against ray lewis when he played in that super bowl alot worse? Im pretty sure they were along the lines of murder, and the process was finsished up before and judgement or punishment was passed out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Take the plea bargin. Get suspended 4-8 games. 1st time offense so I hope not a whole season. Then come back and try to lead this team.
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
i always thought he was pretty reliable. i doubt he will get lifetime as well but he deserves at least the same as pacman if not more.

I still fail to understand this. PacMan's rap sheep is incredibly long. This is Vick's first crime.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I still fail to understand this. PacMan's rap sheep is incredibly long. This is Vick's first crime.
pacman has done many bad things but he's never been convicted let alone indicted by the feds. plus this is a very very very serious crime.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
pacman has done many bad things but he's never been convicted let alone indicted by the feds. plus this is a very very very serious crime.

So is leaving a man crippled.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Take the plea bargin. Get suspended 4-8 games. 1st time offense so I hope not a whole season. Then come back and try to lead this team.
I hope he doesn't. I'd rather never see Vick associated with the Falcons again. Take our lumps with Harrington, add a franchise QB next year in the draft. Vick was a massive mistake, not only did they trade for him instead of taking MVP candidate Drew Brees, they grossly overpaid for him. The only QB who deserves that kind of money is once in a generation players like Peyton Manning.

You might as well take rectify the issue now, rather than delay the inevitable.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I hope he doesn't. I'd rather never see Vick associated with the Falcons again. Take our lumps with Harrington, add a franchise QB next year in the draft. Vick was a massive mistake, not only did they trade for him instead of taking MVP candidate Drew Brees, they grossly overpaid for him. The only QB who deserves that kind of money is once in a generation players like Peyton Manning.

You might as well take rectify the issue now, rather than delay the inevitable.

I suppose I'm the last one left then.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:
So is leaving a man crippled.
like i said the feds have indicted vick on the dog charges. pacman wasnt indicted on that and he still got a year long, so vick should get at least the same thing unless goodell cowers out.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
like i said the feds have indicted vick on the dog charges. pacman wasnt indicted on that and he still got a year long, so vick should get at least the same thing unless goodell cowers out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacman_...Legal_troubles

10 times. Enough said.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:
this isnt like a DUI or punching someone out at a nightclub so roger goodell shouldnt let this slide just because its first offense. year long, nothing less.