Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 07-20-2007, 06:13 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
Come on now. Do you really believe the feds have any interest in allowing such a high profile case to be resolved with a plea deal and no prison time? Really?

Now that I think about it, probaly not. If they got the opportunity to, and Vick could put away a bunch of people, I'd hope they'd be smart enough to.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Federal Government will get the other three guys to implicate Vick, not the other way around. If Martha Stewart cannot even get off for merely lying, Vick doesn't stand a chance. They have a 95% conviction rate, and they have a big profile celebrity in the cross hairs. He is doomed and the State hasn't even charged him yet. It's best to realize that he is going down and move on.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:30 PM    (permalink
falconsrule
Rookie

falconsrule hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I know some people will call me a Vick hugger but I think its unfair the way the media has been making Vick guilty...
falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconsrule View Post
I know some people will call me a Vick hugger but I think its unfair the way the media has been making Vick guilty...
It's not the media, it's common sense.

Old 07-21-2007, 12:32 PM    (permalink
falconsrule
Rookie

falconsrule hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
It's not the media, it's common sense.
How is it common sense when they dont have any evidence that he was involved in dog fighting
falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
How is it common sense when they dont have any evidence that he was involved in dog fighting
The Federal Government only indicts when it has what is considered an 'open and shut case.' They have the evidence that, statistically speaking, will lead to a conviction of Michael Vick. The odds are weighted against him. So much so I don't even hold out hope that he will get off, it's just too improbable.

Old 07-29-2007, 01:50 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Day 136 of The Michael Vick Trial...Closing Statements...

Ladies and gentleman of the Jury...I have some questions to ask you...do you like chicken? Ok now ask yourself this, what if I was to say your not allowed to eat chicken, how would that strike you? You'd probably do it anyway wouldn't you? Yes in your own house you think your safe... Chicken is so tasty I don't care what the consequence is huh?..You would still eat chicken correct? Well my client...has a slightly different taste, he perfers canine..No no wait im not finished...he killed those dogs with the intentions of eating them...I defy you to tell me how you and my client are different....Think what if it was chicken? What if it was me?....I know you will do the right thing... I rest my case...
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:55 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that's so stupid... chicken is farmed... chicken is kosher... dog isn't... that's why more people eat poultry in the first place. but yeah... Vick is dunzo...
Quote:
cause the feds have the evidence and the feds know that he is boned when they hand down not one indictment, but append it with another 20 years worth of charges.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I'd say we are done with Vick. Unfortuneatly that means I can't see us winning more than 6 games at best for the next 3 years. Unless Harrington steps up. If we draft a young guy they take so long to develop. Like 3 years before they hit their stride, and thats if they don't bust. Hopefully we get the money back from Vicks contract and lock up some young guys like D-Hall and Michael Boley.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Fresh
Rookie

Fresh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

bark bark
sorry for the trolling
Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Funny, without Vick we'll still have about as good a record as the Bucs.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Fresh
Rookie

Fresh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

yea okay, with Joey Harrington at QB.. You have a better shot at going 3-13 then the Bucs do..LMAO
Harrington couldn't do crap with Roy..what makes you think the kid will win you games? Brian Brohm welcome to Atlanta
Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 03:00 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh View Post
yea okay, with Joey Harrington at QB.. You have a better shot at going 3-13 then the Bucs do..LMAO
Harrington couldn't do crap with Roy..what makes you think the kid will win you games? Brian Brohm welcome to Atlanta
Actually, the Bucs have a pretty damn good chance.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Mike's screwed. His friend backstabbed him.

Unless the OL steps up for Caddy (which it could), I don't see the Bucs doing much. And the defense is so young, it won't be at its best this year.

Old 08-18-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I was just thinking this over, and realistically, if the organization still wants Vick, we can keep him.

If Vick is guilty, do you really think he is going to give up his football career, and 100 million dollar deal for a couple of dog fighters? No way. He'd take a plea bargain, and start naming names. He'd probaly end up with a fine and probation. That would probaly get him suspended for 4-8 games, considering it's a first offense. Or on the otherhand, he is innocent, and we move on. But I just read an article where Goddell is going to let this legal situation play out before he suspends him. So realistically, if we still want Vick, we should be able to keep him.
LOL. This thread was very entertaining.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

And the plea is guilty. Falcons move on without Vick.

I'll be watching Woodson and Brohm closely, but also the second tier QBs who might be available in the high 2nd round, like Ainge and maybe even Brennan.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

John David Booty is another guy, maybe even Chad Henne. Either way, I think the team will be looking at a top-10 pick at best.

Old 08-20-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Good luck to Ron "dog killer" Mexico in his new home.

He will fit right in at the Federal Pen.

My only question is he a top or bottom??
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 04:50 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
John David Booty is another guy, maybe even Chad Henne. Either way, I think the team will be looking at a top-10 pick at best.
Yup, both of those are certainly possibilities.

I was in favour of LT in the 1st, QB in the 2nd. But then I looked back at the past fifteen years of drafting, and only one 2nd round QB has turned out to be franchise quality, Drew Brees. That's a rather worrying precedent, though obviously that's all history.

Petrino may well believe that one of the very good but not perfect QBs - who would be available in the 2nd - would be a good fit for his system, and could be coached up for a year or two.

On the other hand, there are a load of very good Left Tackles available this year, and we may well be able to get a franchise calibre LT in the 2nd, and Brohm or Woodson in the 1st.

Either way, if we don't come out of the first two rounds with a QB and LT, I'm going to aggravated.

Incidentally, it seems quite possible to me, based on the past two years, that Woodson will be drafted ahead of Brohm. Unlimited potential will always be drafted ahead of proven college performance. Woodson may not have the numbers of Brohm, but he has the same huge potential as Russell. And Brohm has the negatives of "injury-prone" and "system QB" to be thrown at him. If Woodson has a good year, then I'd expect him to be a top 5 pick. If Brohm has a great year, then he should be too. But if Brohm has even just a good year, I'd expect him to have, if not a Quinn-like fall, then at least a Leinart-like slip.

Imagine getting Brohm at #10 (or possibly with a minor trade up). It's not impossible. In fact, history suggests that it may be more likely that not. Fingers crossed.

Edit: hmm, not really the appropriate place, despite responding to Shiver. Maybe i'll start a new thread for draft musings...