Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:30 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else think Adam Carriker is 'similar' to Seymour?
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Anyone else think Adam Carriker is 'similar' to Seymour?
Yes, although Seymour is a better athlete. Carriker looks a bit mechanical at times and I don't think he's as big as Seymour.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Justin Harrell is gonna be the best DT in acouple years
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:36 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Henderson or Harris.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
Aaron Rodgers > Peyton Manning.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:11 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
oh the great clouded mind of a homer... i know where you are coming from all to well...

on a related note McCargo will be the best DT in the next 2 years

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Aaron Rodgers > Peyton Manning.
Just ignore him. He makes one post every three months to talk about his random favorite Packer of the day.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

About Haloti Ngata, I am a bit biased because he is one of my favorite players, but do you think he can reach a level were he is talked about being a top 3 DT in the league?
Old 07-19-2007, 12:31 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Yes, although Seymour is a better athlete. Carriker looks a bit mechanical at times and I don't think he's as big as Seymour.
The one who's most similar to Seymour is Alan Branch, IMO.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
Not a bad comparison although I'm not sure Branch is the type of athlete he was heralded as. I don't see DE potential out of him.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:45 PM    (permalink
broncs2bowl

Right now I gotta go with John Henderson followed by Kevin Williams then Jamal Williams

....in a couple of years MARCUS THOMAS BABY!
Old 07-19-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
About Haloti Ngata, I am a bit biased because he is one of my favorite players, but do you think he can reach a level were he is talked about being a top 3 DT in the league?
he could,but that will be a hard feet since there are so many great dt's in the league now....hes sure one hell of a plug in the middle for the ravens thats for sure
Old 07-19-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

true but when John Henderson and Richard Seymour who are 26-27ish now go into the 32-33 range, Haloti will be in his prime were he may be considered a top 3 DT.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Ravne sproduce superstars on their defense and with the physically abillities of Nagata, I would it is not out of the question that Ngata could one day be one of the top DTs in the entire NFL.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
true but when John Henderson and Richard Seymour who are 26-27ish now go into the 32-33 range, Haloti will be in his prime were he may be considered a top 3 DT.
thats also true,but i dont think henderson or stroud or seymour are gonna slow down anytime soon..but that is just imo...

i see haloti as top 10 right now..maybe top 7ish but not top 3 right now..maybe in two years or so
Old 07-19-2007, 01:23 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing that will hold Haloti back from becoming the status of Henderson is the fact that even though Kelly Gregg is awesome, he isnt a physically demanding as say Stroud is next to Henderson (Personally I think Stroud is the best DT in Jax). I watched and taped all the games last year, and Haloti gets double teamed on every single down, and it opens plays up for Gregg, Pryce, and Suggs and our LBs, so I think Haloti will be a guy who is never given his just do for what he really does which is open up the field for our other DL/LBs to make plays and get hyped up.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

am i thinkin of a wrong person or am i correct, i think i read somewhere that haloti can be lazy at times and doesnt play every snap and takes plays off
Old 07-19-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
am i thinkin of a wrong person or am i correct, i think i read somewhere that haloti can be lazy at times and doesnt play every snap and takes plays off

That was his college reputation, but there was no eveidence of that last year in Baltimore.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
That was his college reputation, but there was no eveidence of that last year in Baltimore.
well for now he might not act lazy..i mean burress didnt act lazy untill he wanted out of pittsburgh..but who knows
Old 07-19-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
The most underrated DT, possibly the most underrated defensive player in the NFL is Kelly Gregg.
I agree. The other most underrated DT's are Rod Coleman and Pat Williams. I just love watching Coleman play and you can't say that about too many DT's. Pat Williams is unmovable. Not to take anything away from Kevin Williams but he's rarely going against double teams because of Pat Williams.

Last edited by TACKLE : 07-19-2007 at 02:18 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 02:19 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best DT = Gilbert Brown
Old 07-19-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
I would say Luis Castillo is doing a lot of the things Seymour is known for. He's not an unknown, but I think he's going to seriously break out this year.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Best DT = Gilbert Brown
he just really looks scary... im not going up that middle

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how is it no one has mentioned Vince Wilfork at all he is definitely a top 7 Dt