Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-19-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
About Haloti Ngata, I am a bit biased because he is one of my favorite players, but do you think he can reach a level were he is talked about being a top 3 DT in the league?
I certainly think Haloti can be a top 3 DT in the NFL.

Sig by yours truly.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
well for now he might not act lazy..i mean burress didnt act lazy untill he wanted out of pittsburgh..but who knows
Yeah but thats Pittsburgh this is Baltimore, we're a much better city here :).

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
how is it no one has mentioned Vince Wilfork at all he is definitely a top 7 Dt
Because the point of this thread is to discuss the best DT in the NFL.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
he is one of the best
Old 07-19-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yes he is very good but not at the level of Hampton, Williams and Henderson.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
If you want to get technical we shouldn't compare 3-4 Nose Tackles like Jamal Williams to 4-3 Under Tackles like Tommie Harris, Kevin Williams. If you are going to lump all interior D-Lineman together, you need to include players like Seymour and Castillo who play on the interior D-Line.

The 3-4 DE is put at 5-tech, or on the Tackle, so I don't understand how you could say that about Seymour.

As for Henderson, in certain packages he could move to the 1-tech, over the pivot, in a pinch. I'm not talking about full time; rather for versatility's sake.
Well I dont think it is right to compare Jamal Williams to Tommie Harris. My first response to this thread was Jamal Williams is the best 3-4 NT, Tommie Harris the best 4-3 UT and John Henderson the best 4-3 NT. I dont think we can say which one is the best because they all play such different positions. If we're talking best interior lineman than yea I guess you can go ahead and throw Seymour and other 3-4 DEs into the mix...Were just talking about technicalities at this point.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
what a comeback

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
raiderfan_89
Pro Bowler

raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
Well I dont think it is right to compare Jamal Williams to Tommie Harris. My first response to this thread was Jamal Williams is the best 3-4 NT, Tommie Harris the best 4-3 UT and John Henderson the best 4-3 NT. I dont think we can say which one is the best because they all play such different positions. If we're talking best interior lineman than yea I guess you can go ahead and throw Seymour and other 3-4 DEs into the mix...Were just talking about technicalities at this point.
I disagree. If you talk about overall. Who can get the job done? If he had a chance to play all those positions then I choose John Henderson. He can play NT for both 4-3 and 3-4 and on ocassion he has done it. He can also play the 3 technique on a 4-3 and heck he can even be a Offensive Tackle.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still say Henderson isn't as good as his teammate Marcus Stroud.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
I agree with that. They're both so good though that they can feed off of each other.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
To each his own, but as a Jaguars fan I say Henderson is better.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
tjpackers
Rookie

tjpackers needs more cowbell.

grady jackson lol i would have to say marcus stroud, tommie harris
tjpackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
I agree. Stroud is a little overrated at this point (though still a top-notch player). Henderson is a beast!
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
so if u had to chose between either stroud or henderson,youd chose henderson
Old 07-20-2007, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Clayton89
Rookie

Clayton89 is a cocksman.Clayton89 is a cocksman.Clayton89 is a cocksman.

for 3-4:
for 4-3: John Henderson

Last edited by Clayton89 : 07-20-2007 at 10:59 AM.
Clayton89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tommie Harris, ive watched him and hes a beast when healthy. I think hes just going to continue to improve.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan_89 View Post
I disagree. If you talk about overall. Who can get the job done? If he had a chance to play all those positions then I choose John Henderson. He can play NT for both 4-3 and 3-4 and on ocassion he has done it. He can also play the 3 technique on a 4-3 and heck he can even be a Offensive Tackle.
nah I dont think when you talk about best DT you can say who can get it done the most ways. Unless Henderson plays for a team that employs both the 3-4 and 4-3 and he is used as a 3-4 NT, a 4-3 NT and a 4-3 UT, I dont really care if he can play all those positions. Im just looking at what player is the most dominant in his role on the defense. And with that being the case, I have to point to Jamal Williams as the best DT.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Warren Sapp led all DT's in sacks last year....

...but really, I'll go for John Henderson by a small margin over Kevin Williams (who still didn't play like he did in that amazing 2004 campaign), and if I want a 3-4 NT, I'll take Jamal Williams.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
so if u had to chose between either stroud or henderson,youd chose henderson
Yes. Not only for skills, but Stroud has had nagging injury problems.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:46 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was useful, thanks.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:06 AM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

was this thread revived by a spambot?

Hackenberg vs Morris vs Browne!
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:10 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep. But now it looks like I'm the one who grave digged it for no reason.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:22 AM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best DT in the league could be someone who is now on IR -- Geno Atkins. J.J. Watt could be the best depending on what you classify his position. If you call Houston's defense a 5-2, then he's a DT.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Breed
Veteran

Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gerald McCoy & Geno Atkins > Suh
Old 12-09-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was about to say McCoy with Atkins being hurt has taken over. The guy has become a beast.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote